TD Semi-finalist for HOF (merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 32-33Champs View Post
    If you compare his numbers against, oh say, Ronnie Lott, they aren't that different. Lott was "only" a ten time Pro-Bowler. The reality is, there really aren't that many defensive players, let alone DB's in the HOF
    Ronnie Lott is in because he owns all that hardware for his fingers. Thats why Atwater should get a serious look. He has rings too!

Comment

Originally posted by #28 View Post
      Um what about Steve Atwater?!?!?!
      overrated

lolz i'm just joking

Comment

Originally posted by Jazzman1987 View Post
        overrated

lolz i'm just joking
        :KILL:

sigpic

TZ

Comment

The team should move to L.A., maybe that would help us when it comes to HOF consideration...

Comment

Originally posted by 32-33Champs View Post
            http://www.profootballhof.com/enshri...?story_id=2607

Of the 26 semifinalist & 2 seniors committee nominees (Marshall Goldberg and Emmitt Thomas) one of which actually should have been Floyd Little, but he finished 1 vote short I am breaking down the list and honestly, I think we have an honest shot of seeing at least one Bronco possibly two inducted.

Wide receiver Cris Carter (First-year eligible)
            Cornerback Darrell Green (First-year eligible)
            Linebacker Rickey Jackson (New Semi-Finalist)
            Defensive Tackle Cortez Kennedy (New Semi-Finalist)
            Defensive End Richard Dent
            Defensive End Fred Dean
            Defensive End Charles Haley
            Linebacker Randy Gradishar
            Linebacker Kevin Greene
            Linebacker Derrick Thomas
            Linebacker Andre Tippett
            Cornerback Lester Hayes
            Center Dermontti Dawson
            Guard Russ Grimm
            Guard Bob Kuechenberg
            Guard Randall McDaniel
            Tackle Joe Jacoby
            Tackle Gary Zimmerman
            Running back Terrell Davis

Wide receiver Art Monk
            Wide receiver Andre Reed
            Wide receiver Steve Tasker
            Quarterback Ken Stabler
            Punter Ray Guy
            Former commissioner Paul Tagliabue --- The only lock
            Administrator George Young
            Thanks for the full list. Last year around Super Bowl time there was a lot of talk among the sportscasters that TD is hall-worthy. What he accomplished during the years he really played was quite special. You know, they always talk about how Joe Montana elevated his play for the big games. What running back has the most post-season yardage? TD was the reason we won Super Bowl 32. He should be there. No question. But I have no idea if he ever will be.
            Proud Bronco fan since 1975. I just wish every football player out there today was more like my man Rod Smith. Knowing we will never see him on the field again is very hard. He gave everything he had and left his guts on the field. I will miss him.

Comment

if art monk dont make to the hall of fame........you know its fixed......how can u not put in a guy who had most of the receiving records when he retired........makes no sense at all
              I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Gotta be honest.

In the history of the National Football League there has NEVER been a better playoff back then T.D.

So, fine, they screw us one more time.......(it will happen.....trust me)

I guess if we had a skull and crossbones on our helmit they would induct us like flies.

My point is this, who do I really want to see in the hall ?

Zimmerman and Rod Smith.

If these guys aren't hall of fame material.........there shouldn't be a hall.

We are a "systems" running back team.

We sure as hell aren't a wr or Lt team,

Give me an argument now.

These guys were the best at their position......in a "system" that does not covet it.
                Last edited by Superchop7; 11-29-2007, 11:26 AM.

Comment

For all the talk that we haven't done anything since Elway retired and it's the system that makes backs better, we haven't had an NFL rusher over 2,000 yards since TD left, we haven't had a rusher who had the playoff performances of TD, and we have't had a guy win both the Super Bowl MVP and League MVP.

The system may have aided TD quite a bit, but he was a terrific back - the most dominating I've seen over a three-year period ever. I think he should be in the HOF on his playoff performances alone.
                  sigpic

Comment

While I agree he is deserving, he only had 4 full seasons, I do not know if that is a factor or not.

If ANYBODY on the Broncos should make it it's Randy Gradishar. He was the best linebacker of any era, from any team I ever witnessed!

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                      For all the talk that we haven't done anything since Elway retired and it's the system that makes backs better, we haven't had an NFL rusher over 2,000 yards since TD left, we haven't had a rusher who had the playoff performances of TD, and we have't had a guy win both the Super Bowl MVP and League MVP.

The system may have aided TD quite a bit, but he was a terrific back - the most dominating I've seen over a three-year period ever. I think he should be in the HOF on his playoff performances alone.
                      There was never talk of the 'system' before TD. The system talk came up after Mike Anderson rushed well in TDs absence. TD would have succeeded in ANY system. You don't rush for 2000 yrds because you are system back. If that were the case, Emmitt Smith would have had one.

TD had it all, and was the ABSOLUTE best RB in the NFL during his prime and bfore his injury. He had the power, the speed, and the instincts. There was no doubt about his skill and abilities.

I find it shameful when I see people say that TD was some kine of 'system' back. Thats like saying Montana was only a 'system' QB. He also holds the record for the number of rushing TDs in a SB.

Comment

Steve Atwater was the real MVP of Super Bowl XXXII.

But Gradishar is still the most deserving of any Bronco. He deserves it more than Davis, Atwater, Zimmerman, Sharpe, Nalen, or Smith. The only Bronco who even compares to Gradishar is Little.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickdaDookie View Post
                          Steve Atwater was the real MVP of Super Bowl XXXII.

But Gradishar is still the most deserving of any Bronco. He deserves it more than Davis, Atwater, Zimmerman, Sharpe, Nalen, or Smith. The only Bronco who even compares to Gradishar is Little.
                          What DOOKIE said!!!

Remember when they had All-Pros at EVERY position?

Def, End- Lyle Alzado
                          Nose Tackle-Rubin Carter
                          Linebacker-Tom Jackson
                          Linebacker-Bob Swenson
                          Linebacker-Randy Gradishar
                          Cornerback-Louis Wright
                          Safety-Bill Thompson

Every one of those players were All-Pro at one time or another, between 1975-1983. They CARRIED that team, they were the STRENGTH of that team, and the leader was Randy Gradishar, and some games, he was literally on EVERY PLAY!! For those of you who seen him play, you know what I am talking about.

Besides Jack Ham, he was the most dominate linebacker in the late 70s through the early 80s, and the only reason he isnt in allready is because they only made it to one Superbowl when he played, or because the Steelers are from the same ERA, who I might add allmost EVERY one of those Steel Curtain players are allready inducted, and the Orange Crush was just as good as them!

Comment

Working...
                          X