Travis Henry Ruling Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travis Henry Ruling Today?

Not sure what to think on this. It is hard to beat the NFL. What do you all think? Would you rather see Young or Henry starting from here on out?

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=106410&spln=1
    Last edited by Broncos77g; 11-29-2007, 07:08 AM. Reason: Broken link

Originally posted by Broncos77g View Post
    Not sure what to think on this. It is hard to beat the NFL. What do you all think? Would you rather see Young or Henry starting from here on out?

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=106410&spln=1
    I'd rather see more of Young.
    Follow the Forehead Bronco Faithful! sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SM19
      I'll say again that he's almost certainly innocent. However, I don't expect that to matter.
      I tend to agree with you. I think the league has only taken this long trying to drum up something to justify convicting him. The evidence certainly doesn't do it.

Personally, i really do like Young, but I don't want him to get worn out. We need BOTH of them.

Comment

Without a doubt I want to see Henry pound the ball wearing out the defense, then see Young come in as a change of pace back and run around a worn and tired raider defense.

Comment

The NFL said Tuesday there wouldn't be an announcement on Henry's future. While the league could make an announcement at any time on Henry's appeal of a one-year NFL drug suspension, it is protocol that the league doesn't make personnel decisions once the work week begins (Wednesdays).

We'll have to wait 'till next week for a decision, or maybe later.

Making team signature bars, just drop me a PM. :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by Stand Ablaze View Post
            The NFL said Tuesday there wouldn't be an announcement on Henry's future. While the league could make an announcement at any time on Henry's appeal of a one-year NFL drug suspension, it is protocol that the league doesn't make personnel decisions once the work week begins (Wednesdays).

We'll have to wait 'till next week for a decision, or maybe later.
            I thought that was the case too but if you follow the link and click on the source it says the following:

"TRAVIS HENRY DECISION COMING by Michael David Smith

Broncos running back Travis Henry is currently awaiting word on whether or not he will be suspended for a year for his latest violation of the NFL's substance-abuse policy.

And although there have been media reports that the NFL will not rule on Henry's appeal until next week at the earliest, Adam Schefter of NFL Network is reporting that those reports are incorrect, and Henry is likely to learn of his fate within the next 24 hours.

Henry has reportedly tested positive for marijuana, and since Henry has already served a four-game suspension for violating the league's substance-abuse policy, another positive test would result in a yearlong suspension.

Henry has stated that he has not smoked marijuana, and he has provided a hair sample and undergone a polygraph test that both Henry and Broncos coach Mike Shanahan say demonstrate that he's telling the truth. Henry has also attempted to challenge the NFL in court.

But the NFL's rules are clear that urine tests are used to determine violations of the substance-abuse policy, and it seems hard to believe that he could be successful in his appeal."

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos77g View Post
              I thought that was the case too but if you follow the link and click on the source it says the following:

"TRAVIS HENRY DECISION COMING by Michael David Smith

Broncos running back Travis Henry is currently awaiting word on whether or not he will be suspended for a year for his latest violation of the NFL's substance-abuse policy.

And although there have been media reports that the NFL will not rule on Henry's appeal until next week at the earliest, Adam Schefter of NFL Network is reporting that those reports are incorrect, and Henry is likely to learn of his fate within the next 24 hours.

Henry has reportedly tested positive for marijuana, and since Henry has already served a four-game suspension for violating the league's substance-abuse policy, another positive test would result in a yearlong suspension.

Henry has stated that he has not smoked marijuana, and he has provided a hair sample and undergone a polygraph test that both Henry and Broncos coach Mike Shanahan say demonstrate that he's telling the truth. Henry has also attempted to challenge the NFL in court.

But the NFL's rules are clear that urine tests are used to determine violations of the substance-abuse policy, and it seems hard to believe that he could be successful in his appeal."
              The article was posted at 1:44 p.m. EST, November 28, 2007. That was yesterday, not today.

Making team signature bars, just drop me a PM. :salute:

Comment

Still within the 24 hour window though I did not realize that though and apologize to all for any confusion

Comment

Young-Hall can and have proven they can do it! Those two with Sapp,and next year pick up another rookie, (Jammal Charles)?

I am gonna get blasted probably, but dont you agree they need to DISTANCE themselves from potential problem childs in the future???

Comment

Well, I don't think he's innocent, and even if he wasn't, he has yet to prove he is durable enough to carry the load for this team. And at 29-years-old, how many years does he even have left?

I think the best outcome for this team is for Henry to be suspended. Hall and Young have proven they can be short-term answers for now, and this may finally force Denver to draft a franchise back (i.e. a Terrell Davis or Clinton Portis) that they've lacked for several seasons now.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                      Well, I don't think he's innocent, and even if he wasn't, he has yet to prove he is durable enough to carry the load for this team. And at 29-years-old, how many years does he even have left?

I think the best outcome for this team is for Henry to be suspended. Hall and Young have proven they can be short-term answers for now, and this may finally force Denver to draft a franchise back (i.e. a Terrell Davis or Clinton Portis) that they've lacked for several seasons now.

First, an athletes prime is 28-32 generally. So if Henry is 29, thats at least three years. Enough to get to Jay's fifth season, plenty of time for him to become top notch. And second, TD was chosen in the sixth round I believe? Not exactly a "franchise running back". There is really no reason we would WANT to lose a star tail back, in the middle of a season where we can still make the playoffs...
                      sigpic

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Gr3yStreet View Post
                        First, an athletes prime is 28-32 generally. So if Henry is 29, thats at least three years. Enough to get to Jay's fifth season, plenty of time for him to become top notch. And second, TD was chosen in the sixth round I believe? Not exactly a "franchise running back". There is really no reason we would WANT to lose a star tail back, in the middle of a season where we can still make the playoffs...
                        And that's a fine opinion.

I disagree. But that's life on message boards, eh?

Technically, we have already 'lost' Henry, considering he has been completely ineffective since the San Diego game and has been injured since (I believe) Pittsburgh or Detroit. He has 500+ yards and a measley one touchdown through 11 games, including the ones he was injured.

I would say he's hardly been worth the money we spent on him, or the hype fans such as yourself are giving him. He's hardly been a 'star', in my opinion, both on the field and off.
                        sigpic

Comment

And that's a fine opinion.

I disagree. But that's life on message boards, eh?

Technically, we have already 'lost' Henry, considering he has been completely ineffective since the San Diego game and has been injured since (I believe) Pittsburgh or Detroit. He has 500+ yards and a measley one touchdown through 11 games, including the ones he was injured.

I would say he's hardly been worth the money we spent on him, or the hype fans such as yourself are giving him. He's hardly been a 'star', in my opinion, both on the field and off.
                          I don't think that's a very fair assessment of Henry's performance. He was the leading rusher for the first 4 weeks or so untill he started to have injury problems. In the Chargers game (which I was unfortunately at) he averaged 4.1 yards a carry, not to mention that all facets of our game were sub-par, so I can hardly blame one player. Since then he's been battling injuries along with the rest of our roster.
                          Wait for the NFL's decision and for him to get healthy. He's proven 3 times that he can be a 1000 yard rusher. As for his off the field behavior, I object that he was in this position to begin with, but until a ruling, I'm not one to judge. Yeah he has 40,000 kids with different moms, but that didn't keep him from rushing for over 1200 yards last year, and quite frankly, that's not really any of our business. Last time I checked, it's not illegal to have kids

Comment

Originally posted by Gator Broncos View Post
                            I don't think that's a very fair assessment of Henry's performance. He was the leading rusher for the first 4 weeks or so untill he started to have injury problems. In the Chargers game (which I was unfortunately at) he averaged 4.1 yards a carry, not to mention that all facets of our game were sub-par, so I can hardly blame one player. Since then he's been battling injuries along with the rest of our roster.
                            Wait for the NFL's decision and for him to get healthy. He's proven 3 times that he can be a 1000 yard rusher. As for his off the field behavior, I object that he was in this position to begin with, but until a ruling, I'm not one to judge. Yeah he has 40,000 kids with different moms, but that didn't keep him from rushing for over 1200 yards last year, and quite frankly, that's not really any of our business. Last time I checked, it's not illegal to have kids
                            So what if he's been injured? That's ultimately the point I'm making. He has yet to prove himself in a Broncos uniform, and all this gushing over him is unwarranted, in my opinion, especially given the fact that the Broncos offense has done better without him than with him.

As far as the off-field issues...I'm not talking about the kids. I could honestly care less if he has 100 kids by 100 different women. I'm speaking specifically about his marijuana use and the consequence it could have to this team if he is suspended.
                            sigpic

Comment

So what if he's been injured? That's ultimately the point I'm making. He has yet to prove himself in a Broncos uniform, and all this gushing over him is unwarranted, in my opinion, especially given the fact that the Broncos offense has done better without him than with him.

As far as the off-field issues...I'm not talking about the kids. I could honestly care less if he has 100 kids by 100 different women. I'm speaking specifically about his marijuana use and the consequence it could have to this team if he is suspended.

So by that logic, we may as well get Rid of Jarvis Moss, Andre Hall, Selvin Young, and Holdman? They haven't played in Denver that long, or produced extreme numbers, and also got hurt. And if you recall, the Broncos offense as a whole was pretty terrible at the beginning of the season, especially in the red zone.
                              And there may be no consequence for his alleged marijuana use, don't rush to judgement in either instance. I'm leaving that to the NFL. Again, I'm dissapointed that he was in this situation to begin with, as are most fans, but I'm not going to convict him when I don't know all the facts, or call him unworthy of the Broncos uniform when he really hasn't had a good go at wearing it.

Comment

Working...
                              X