Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travis Henry Ruling Today?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Travis Henry is a premier back in this league... so i want him to start if i have a choice. im sure mike feels the same way.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #17
      I really hope Travis can keep playing the rest of the season. He is a great player and will definitely help out in the last 5 games.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Gator Broncos View Post
        So by that logic, we may as well get Rid of Jarvis Moss, Andre Hall, Selvin Young, and Holdman? They haven't played in Denver that long, or produced extreme numbers, and also got hurt. And if you recall, the Broncos offense as a whole was pretty terrible at the beginning of the season, especially in the red zone.
        And there may be no consequence for his alleged marijuana use, don't rush to judgement in either instance. I'm leaving that to the NFL. Again, I'm dissapointed that he was in this situation to begin with, as are most fans, but I'm not going to convict him when I don't know all the facts, or call him unworthy of the Broncos uniform when he really hasn't had a good go at wearing it.
        And you're perfectly in the right to have that opinion.

        My opinion differs, but again, life on message boards, eh?

        I don't think Henry was particularly spectacular for the weeks he wasn't injured. He led the NFL in rushing for a couple of weeks when rushing performances were down overall. Furthermore, I constantly saw him hobbling and limping after he took a hit, and pulling himself out as a result.

        Again, we paid a guy millions of dollars and through about 6-7 games, he's had 580 yards or so and 1 lousy touchdown. He also made zero impact in the red zone.

        Not exactly the bruising, power back he was billed to be with that working against him.

        As far as his marijuana stuff...he's already a two-time offender, so my ability to believe him in this circumstance - especially with my knowledge of drug testing procedures - is somewhat limited. I have faith the NFL will make the right decision either way, but that doesn't exonerate him in my eyes.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #19
          Remember Henry in that Colts game? That's what a healthy Travis Henry can do.

          Comment


          • #20
            I think he's the best back on the team, and the best back we have had for a while. Hard to say 'he only has 1 TD' when the entire offense has struggled to get the ball into the endzone from the goalline. When Henry was healthy, we could run the ball.

            Henry makes our team better.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by TRUEBRONCOFAN24 View Post
              Remember Henry in that Colts game? That's what a healthy Travis Henry can do.
              And if I start to see that regularly, then I'll jump on the Travis Henry bandwagon.

              Right now? I think we vastly overpaid. I hope he proves me wrong if and when he comes back.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                I think he's the best back on the team, and the best back we have had for a while. Hard to say 'he only has 1 TD' when the entire offense has struggled to get the ball into the endzone from the goalline. When Henry was healthy, we could run the ball.

                Henry makes our team better.
                But again, we haven't seen proof of this.

                The first game he was out completely - the Chiefs game - our offense scored the 3rd highest total all season. In the last couple of games, we've beaten that.

                I'm not saying Henry can't do it. I just haven't seen this dominanting, bruising-power running back that you all apparently see. He certainly hasn't performed here as he has in Tennessee, and I certainly think this suspension deal has distracted him significantly.

                Besides, I feel Selvin was/is much better in the passing game than Henry was.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #23
                  There isn't anything Young can do that Henry can't do better, imo....Pothead is just a better player running, receiving and pass blocking!

                  AND making babies.

                  That being said, Henry is just an above average back, far from premier......
                  Last edited by stnzed; 11-29-2007, 03:31 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                    But again, we haven't seen proof of this.

                    The first game he was out completely - the Chiefs game - our offense scored the 3rd highest total all season. In the last couple of games, we've beaten that.

                    I'm not saying Henry can't do it. I just haven't seen this dominanting, bruising-power running back that you all apparently see. He certainly hasn't performed here as he has in Tennessee, and I certainly think this suspension deal has distracted him significantly.

                    Besides, I feel Selvin was/is much better in the passing game than Henry was.
                    You can't really compare the two, they're totally different style runners. I haven't seen Selvin impress me too much between the tackles like Henry has shown the potential of doing, but he does show more finesse. That's why I like the Henry/Young 1-2 punch idea a lot. Like a said before, give henry a chance to get fully healthy and you might change your mind (provided he doesn't get suspended).

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                      There isn't anything Young can do that Henry can't better, imo....Pothead is just a better player running, receiving and pass blocking!

                      AND making babies......
                      I actually think Selvin is a better receiver out of the backfield than Henry is.

                      But that's just from what I've seen in Denver. I don't know how good Henry was in Tennessee.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        If Henry can get healthy and stay out of trouble then we should keep him. Otherwise I'd be happy to see Selvin as our starting back next year.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                          I actually think Selvin is a better receiver out of the backfield than Henry is.

                          But that's just from what I've seen in Denver. I don't know how good Henry was in Tennessee.
                          I just don't think Denver used Henry in that capacity much, maybe to save some wear and tear for reasons that are now obvious. Tennessee and Buffalo used him a bit more, but by no means has he ever been Steve Sewell.

                          He can catch the ball well, though!

                          Young is a surprise to me, he really is a good player, I'm not taking anything away from him....I just think Caligula is better......

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Gator Broncos View Post
                            You can't really compare the two, they're totally different style runners. I haven't seen Selvin impress me too much between the tackles like Henry has shown the potential of doing, but he does show more finesse. That's why I like the Henry/Young 1-2 punch idea a lot. Like a said before, give henry a chance to get fully healthy and you might change your mind (provided he doesn't get suspended).
                            The problem with that, however, is you're paying Henry tons of money to be an every down, 25-30 carries-per-game back. If he's not doing that, then you're overpaying him, even if it's because of injury or because your splitting time between him and Young.

                            Either way, I don't think we can call the signing of Henry a success yet, and I certainly don't think the Broncos are better with Henry than without him, since the team has looked better right now without him in the lineup. I think once Henry gets this legal business out of the way and gets healthy, we'll find out for sure. But until then, he stays on the bubble with me.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by HidEmu View Post
                              Travis Henry is a premier back in this league... so i want him to start if i have a choice. im sure mike feels the same way.
                              Henry is no where close to being a premier back in the NFL. I think at most you could call 6 rbs premier backs before the word would start getting devalued. And Henry isn't a top 6 rb in the league nor in the top dozen for that matter.
                              Damien Nash & Darrent Williams Forever Broncos.



                              "He's such a pro. He's been everything you'd ever want as a player and then some." Mike Shanahan on Rod Smith



                              Created by Snk16. Thanks!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...s-fate-friday/

                                It's quite possible Henry will not be suspended since he's supposed to find out on Friday what the decision is.

                                It's definitely the best scenario for Denver to have Henry available the rest of the season and next season.
                                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                                You Mad Bro?
                                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X