Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time for Shannahan to move on! He has to go!(merged)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Time for Shannahan to move on! He has to go!(merged)

    Serioulsly Its time for Mike Shannahan to move on! This guy has lost this team and franchise. He is not a good coach any longer. Pat I know you love this guy and kiss his butt, but you have to di what is best for this franchise. He did the same thing last yr. A win an you're in vs. The 49ERS and you lose at home! Now you sink even lower by losing to an inferior team and rival in a bad Faiders team. Mike Shannahan must go!

  • #2
    Wrong

    You are WRONG!!!!

    We are having a tough year and call it a rebuilding year if you want.
    But to say Mike needs to be fired is plain ignorant.
    Injuries, new coaches, young QB maybe these are some of what is hurting our team and dictating the plays or play calling not Mikes abillity to coach.
    BRONCOS RULE !!

    Comment


    • #3
      We, as Broncos fans, have been spoiled by Mike Shannahan! Let's see we've had 2 or 3 losing seasons in the past 13 years. How many other teams can you think of that can say that? There is a reason Mike is one of the top 3 NFL coaches of ALL TIME! People like you really don't what they are talking about when it comes to football.

      Comment


      • #4
        DBF07, You're nuts if you think Mike S. is a top 3 coach of all time! There are 3 coaches coaching in the league now that are better than Shannahan!

        Comment


        • #5
          You want to fire Shanny? Please, half of our new players would I bet go to other teams if we got a new coach. Could you imagine, new coach and thngs go terribly wrong ie: Cutler

          We juust didn't play well yesterday. Plain and simple. Turnovers and a short field killed us.

          Let me ask a question. If we would have won, and the Chargers lost, do you still wanna fire Shanny? People over react here.

          I just wanted us to see the playoffs for exp. purposes. Nothing else. We have a young team that is a few years away from making a real run at the SB. Our time will come, but it's a learning curve. You have to keep in mind Cutler has what 17 hgames under his belt now? Really, what do you expect?

          Comment


          • #6
            I think Shanny is doing as well as he can with what he has to work with.
            Here's what my opinion is:
            QB not learning as he should...making too many of the same mistakes. Not finding the open man and trying to make impossible throws. Making bad reads.
            Travis Henry is washed up and a waste of $$$
            Too many injuries on both sides of the ball.
            Thin at RB
            Thin on OL and DL
            Turnovers at the worst times
            DB's getting burned because we are trying to sell out against the run (as we probably should because we do not stop the run)
            New Defensive Co-ordiantor (scheme not working)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by volpaco View Post
              I think Shanny is doing as well as he can with what he has to work with.
              Here's what my opinion is:
              QB not learning as he should...making too many of the same mistakes. Not finding the open man and trying to make impossible throws. Making bad reads.
              Travis Henry is washed up and a waste of $$$
              Too many injuries on both sides of the ball.
              Thin at RB
              Thin on OL and DL
              Turnovers at the worst times
              DB's getting burned because we are trying to sell out against the run (as we probably should because we do not stop the run)
              New Defensive Co-ordiantor (scheme not working)
              Exactly. Now I do blame Shanahan for not making the right decisions regarding playmaking...
              But I'm not ready to through him under the bus for it.

              Comment


              • #8
                1st losing season in 6 years.

                2nd total in 12.

                And people want him gone.

                Amazing.

                Seriously, when was the last time the season was over before Christmas? How many times has that happened under Shanahan?

                Have you seen the injuries the team has played with?

                Have you seen the improvement in the nucleus of good, young players?

                Do you realize Shanahan is 20-6 against the raiders?

                That means to just have an even record, the raiders would have to beat Shanahan's Broncos every game for the next 7 years!

                This is a disappointing season to be sure, but hardly one worthy of firing a very, very successful coach.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Shanahanaramjam View Post
                  DBF07, You're nuts if you think Mike S. is a top 3 coach of all time! There are 3 coaches coaching in the league now that are better than Shannahan!
                  Not sure when I said he was a top 3 of all time. But I do believe he is a great coach and I would love for him to stick around.

                  Three better in the league now. No way. Please inform us of who you think is better.
                  BRONCOS RULE !!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    wow we have one bad season in the past five years and people want Mike gone. am i disappointed at this loss? yes. but am i ready to give up on our team or coachs? no. there are 4 games still left to be played. alot of things can happen. are the playoffs in our future this year? probably not but win or loss i'll be watching th broncos on sundays.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Shanahanaramjam View Post
                      Serioulsly Its time for Mike Shannahan to move on! This guy has lost this team and franchise. He is not a good coach any longer. Pat I know you love this guy and kiss his butt, but you have to di what is best for this franchise. He did the same thing last yr. A win an you're in vs. The 49ERS and you lose at home! Now you sink even lower by losing to an inferior team and rival in a bad Faiders team. Mike Shannahan must go!
                      did Shanahan fumble the ball or the throw the int's? That comment sounds like it came out of a raiders mouth, maybe you're a faider fan just trying to raise some trouble

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I love it how crazy fans overreact to a loss and say Shanny should be fired. We are still in the playoff hunt whether you want to belive it or not. We're only 2 games back and if win out our next 4 games and have the Chargers lose 2 or 3 games then we could win the division title and make a spot in the playoffs.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is like the tenth shanny thread stop making new ones. we get it your mad about the loss, move on shanny aint going nowhere!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Time for Shanahan to Go!

                            When are we as Bronco fans going to stand up and demand there be a change. Mike Shanahan must go. He has had too many opportunities, too many free passes and too many excuses over the past 10 years. Let's face it, he won two super bowls with players that were mostly here before he arrived. He can't evaluate talent, he can't draft for anything, he refuses to rebuild, he tries to build through free agency which never works, and now he and his coaching staff continually get outcoached weekly.

                            He is no mastermind, no genius, he is a decent coach who lucked himself into inheriting a team with hall of famers. Enough is enough. The franchise is going downhill fast, the players don't listen anymore, all these free agents could care less about playing for the Broncos, and don't have a clue what football in this city means to fans. Just like Shanahan, the fans are listless and don't care anymore. I want to see this team and this organization get back to what is was. It will never get there as long as Shanahan is around.

                            Pat, it's time to cut bait, start fresh and get this thing back on the right track. There's not much to build around now, so let's blow it up and start new.

                            Signed, a passionate and extremely frustrated bronco fan.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              so you want a new coach that will come in clean house and start over new? and by cleaning house i mean gettin rid of players like Dumervil, Marshall, Cutler, D.J., Nalen, etc. i would rather have a losing season then for that to happen. i understand your mad. we all are but threads like this are not need on this board.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X