Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time for Shannahan to move on! He has to go!(merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    goes to show the QB rating isn't everything, since its so obvious Jay is such a better QB.
    yet we're losing badly and Jay is a big part of that

13 TD's - 12 INT's arent exactly stunning numbers for such a better QB
    Last edited by Return of Lava; 12-06-2007, 04:35 PM.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

• "If the Broncos still had Jake Plummer and Kyle Johnson they'd be undefeated!"---Lava

Comment

• Isn't this going to be Cutler's 18th game......?

In 2005 when we had Plummer, wasn't that his 10th season? Someone needs to whip out Plummers rookie stats to even make that comparison.
        Careful what you wish for, Darth , cause here comes the worst DC in the league...... -stnzd
        What's that? Need proof? http://dack.com/archive/bob-slowik-must-be-fired.html

Goodbye social life...

My Mojo!

Comment

• I know mojo is the one who is most critical with Shannahan.....but has he ever answered who he'd replace him with? Please don't tell me Bill Cower...
          Careful what you wish for, Darth , cause here comes the worst DC in the league...... -stnzd
          What's that? Need proof? http://dack.com/archive/bob-slowik-must-be-fired.html

Goodbye social life...

My Mojo!

Comment

• Originally posted by delirium_05 View Post
            Isn't this going to be Cutler's 18th game......?

In 2005 when we had Plummer, wasn't that his 10th season? Someone needs to whip out Plummers rookie stats to even make that comparison.
            Exactly, Cutler's young, so we need to give him the same gameplan we gave plummer, and "game management" gameplan. Then when we need to cut him loose to make a great play if we need it, we cut him loose. Cutler has more ability than Jake so why is he throwing just as many picks as TD when jake had the same problem but we were able to correct it?
            dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

• Originally posted by Return of Lava View Post
              Cutler is young and he makes mistakes, just like jake did. Plying "game management" didnt jake put up like 15/7, 27/10 and 15/10 or something like that as far as TD/INT ratio, his rating was good, we won games, obviously there is nothing wrong with how shanny managed jake's abilities.

You're right....but who cares? Cutler is not Plummer!!!

Why would you trade up and draft a QB like Cutler to run the same offense that Plummer ran?

I'm not like you people, I don't care if Cutler throws an INT as long as he's still making the throws he's proven he can make....I say let the big dog eat.

Everybody says they hope Cutler will be a top 5 QB, well the elite QB's in the league do not play "Not to lose".

This offseason, defensive coordinators will have 21 games of film to study on Cutler, dinking and dunkin is not the way to take the next step.

Plus, if the defense doesn't improve anytime soon, Shanahan may not have any choice......

Comment

• Here is something to ponder

When Jake was doing what he was the line was healthy all year long. They designed the offense to get Jake out of the pocket and throw on the run.
                As soon as a defense left a DE or LB at home to cover, Plummer's numbers went to poop and his int's went up.

As for Cutler, he doesn't have the same healthy offensive line and Shanny is doing his best to keep him in the pocket for the majority of the game. You will see this continue and i am sure the o line will beef up a bit in the years to come.

Comment

• Look at Plummer's td/int stats. I have already posted them somewhere else! They weren't a high TD to low int ratio. A lot of the td's that pushed him over the even mark came in trash time against weak teams. You cant look at the stat and ignore under what circumstances it was created.

Comment

• Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                    You're right....but who cares? Cutler is not Plummer!!!

Why would you trade up and draft a QB like Cutler to run the same offense that Plummer ran?

I'm not like you people, I don't care if Cutler throws an INT as long as he's still making the throws he's proven he can make....I say let the big dog eat.

Everybody says they hope Cutler will be a top 5 QB, well the elite QB's in the league do not play "Not to lose".

This offseason, defensive coordinators will have 21 games of film to study on Cutler, dinking and dunkin is not the way to take the next step.

Plus, if the defense doesn't improve anytime soon, Shanahan may not have any choice......
                    The elite QB's in this league arent in theri 2nd year for one thing.

And I think you may be misunderstanding the idea of game management. Plummer wasnt a dink and dunk QB all the time he threw bombs to lelie like twice a game. Those are throws Cutler can make but hasnt been making them. I dont want to see Cutler with a 1:1 TD int ratio next year which will be the case if he's allowed to go gung ho. Just like when Plummer was here "He doesnt have to do it all himself"

We trade up to get Cutler so he can continue the winning ways Plummer was having here, just be a yonger version with a bigger arm and bigger upside. Cutler can run throw n the run, bu talso throw from the pocket which jake struggled. The difference also is Cutler can make bigger throws in bigger situations when we need it imo(ie playoffs). Those are the only areas Jake had trouble, pocket passes and playoff production.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

• Wait a Minute...HOLD THE PHONE!

Plummer had no deep ball! I can count a 100 times we had a receiver open deep and Plummer couldn't get it there! Half the time it was Lelie coming back 7 yards to the ball and making an amazing catch!

2nd, who says we drafted Cutler to be a continuation but improvement over Plummer. If you recall, the year we went 13-3 Plummer only had to manage the game. The talk all year was if Plummer couldnt do it that year it was time to move on. We kept him after drafting Cutler and the talk was still show us what you can do. Plummer was worse for the pressure of Cutler behind him when the good QB's are better for it.

Brees didnt break down when they got Rivers! He Broke out and got PAID. Plummer could have done the same but continues to get away from the play and throw stupid balls that would get picked instead of living for the next down.

As for Jake only struggling in the pocket and the playoffs...
                      the pocket is where the majority of your throws need to be made. As for the playoffs, if you cant do it there why keep him? So we should have settled for 13-3 12-4 every year and an exit in the playoffs cuz Plummer sucked in the playoffs? No!

Comment

The elite QB's in this league arent in theri 2nd year for one thing.

And I think you may be misunderstanding the idea of game management. Plummer wasnt a dink and dunk QB all the time he threw bombs to lelie like twice a game. Those are throws Cutler can make but hasnt been making them. I dont want to see Cutler with a 1:1 TD int ratio next year which will be the case if he's allowed to go gung ho. Just like when Plummer was here "He doesnt have to do it all himself"

We trade up to get Cutler so he can continue the winning ways Plummer was having here, just be a yonger version with a bigger arm and bigger upside. Cutler can run throw n the run, bu talso throw from the pocket which jake struggled. The difference also is Cutler can make bigger throws in bigger situations when we need it imo(ie playoffs). Those are the only areas Jake had trouble, pocket passes and playoff production.
                        "Game management"----I LOATH that term!!!

I'm not misunderstanding anything, running Plummer's offense with a QB with elite skills makes zero sense....NONE!!!

"Management the Game" had it's day, it's day is over......
                        Last edited by stnzed; 12-06-2007, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                          "Game management"----I LOATH that term!!!

I'm not misunderstanding anything, running Plummer's offense with a QB with elite skills makes zero sense....NONE!!!

"Management the Game" had it's day, it's day is over......
                          Game management won us games man. Elite skills + no experience...do you not loathe interceptions?

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

• Cutler Vs

Of these starting qb's in the league how many would you take over Cutler? Keep in Mind his youth and abilities vs the other QB's:

Buffalo-Losman and Edwards-NOPE
                            Dolphins-Beck or T Green-NOPE
                            Patriots-Brady-of course!
                            Jets-Clemmons or Pennington-NOPE
                            Baltimore-McNair or Boller-Nope
                            Cincinatti-Palmer- Debateable I would keep Cutler
                            Browns-Anderson or Quinn-NOPE
                            Steelers-Rothlisboerger-NOPE
                            Houston-Schaub-NOPE
                            Indy-Manning-OF COURSE
                            Jacksonville-Garrard-NOPE
                            Tennessee- V Young-NOPE
                            KC-Croyle-NOPE
                            Oakland-Russell, McCown, Culpepper-NO WAY NO HOW
                            SD-Rivers-NOPE
                            Dallas-ROMO-Maybe I would argue they are compatible but Dallas has more talent
                            NY-Manning--NOPE
                            Eagles-McNab-Not with his age and injury problems
                            Redskins-J Campbell-Nope-look how long he has been around and he is not better than Cutler
                            Bears-Griese or Grossman-We had one and NO NO
                            Lions-Kitna-NOPE
                            Packers-Favre and then Rodgers-Nope Favre is done and Rodgers is a Tedford guy
                            Vikings-Jackson-NOPE
                            Atlanta-Who is their QB-Out of the three to play this year it is no no no!
                            Carolina-Delhomme-Nope
                            Saints-Brees-Maybe
                            Tampa-Garcia-Nope
                            Arizona-Warner or Leinart-Warner =no and Leinart proved to be a chicken and whiner
                            St Louis-Frerotte or Bulger-had one which =no and no
                            SF-Smith-top pick and he may already be done =nope!
                            Seattle-Hasselbeck-has a great QB coach with him but NOPE

Out of all 32 teams there are maybe 4 other QB's I would like to see here instead of Cutler.

Look what Minnesota has tried to do at the position since Culpepper and arguably before him, Look at Dolphins post Marino! Give Cutler his due and realize there has been a fundamental shift on O with regard to some play calling and inuries!

Comment

• Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
                              Plummer had no deep ball! I can count a 100 times we had a receiver open deep and Plummer couldn't get it there! Half the time it was Lelie coming back 7 yards to the ball and making an amazing catch!

2nd, who says we drafted Cutler to be a continuation but improvement over Plummer. If you recall, the year we went 13-3 Plummer only had to manage the game. The talk all year was if Plummer couldnt do it that year it was time to move on. We kept him after drafting Cutler and the talk was still show us what you can do. Plummer was worse for the pressure of Cutler behind him when the good QB's are better for it.

Brees didnt break down when they got Rivers! He Broke out and got PAID. Plummer could have done the same but continues to get away from the play and throw stupid balls that would get picked instead of living for the next down.

As for Jake only struggling in the pocket and the playoffs...
                              the pocket is where the majority of your throws need to be made. As for the playoffs, if you cant do it there why keep him? So we should have settled for 13-3 12-4 every year and an exit in the playoffs cuz Plummer sucked in the playoffs? No!
                              Besides your exaggerations, sounds to me like you making an argument to prove Cutler is better than Plummer, who are you arguing with?

Anyway, who remembers Brandon Marshall having to wait for the ball to come down earlier this year on what would have been the easiet 90 yard touchdown pass in history, cutler threw it not nearly strong enough. People blame the defense for our losses this year, but the defense in the playoffs where jake played got shredded as well, there is never balance on these boards.

Anyway, as far as next year, I'd rather see him held back a little and be more controlled and end up with a good year than have him running wild and putting up a lot of TD's but with a lot of interceptions as well.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

...do you not loathe interceptions?
                                Absolutely not!!!

I understand that they are part of the game for any QB, especially young QB's.

I never get upset over an INT....Not in a long time, anyway......

Comment

Working...
                                X