Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time for Shannahan to move on! He has to go!(merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When do we get rid of Shanny?

When the consistent culture of winning turns into a consistent culture of losing. And it will take more than 1 year to do that.

Comment

Please!

Shanny gets more from players than most coaches! Just look at Lelie and what he has done since leaving Denver. You could add our RB's to that.

Bottom line is there are a bunch of SPOILED ROTTEN babies on these posts. We have been to the SB in every decade since the 70's when some havent seen or sniffed the SB in 20 years! We are almost always in the playoffs!

Get OVER YOURSELVES! This team cannot always be 13-3 and 12-4 and in the AFC Championship. One of the biggest reasons is Shanny is so successful and his staff is constantly plundered by the college ranks and pros.

Next season should be good and the one after that could have SB all over it.

Besides, if we got rid of Shanny we would see just how great a coach he is when SD pays him a kings ransom and he destroys us twice a year. Than the same people will lament the decision to get rid of him. Besides that, who out there can do a better job????

By the way...early in the year (after Detroit loss) I was a fire Shanny detractor until I looked at the games and data a little bit more objectively! Should you do that you will see things from a very different perspective.

Comment

I dont care how unpopular the truth is! Time for Mike Shanny to go! Its time for a fresh face!

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
          When do we get rid of Shanny?

When the consistent culture of winning turns into a consistent culture of losing. And it will take more than 1 year to do that.
          No! Apparently it's when Shanahan is no longer "Fresh Faced"......

Nothing says Super Bowl like a "Fresh Face"......

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
            No! Apparently it's when Shanahan is no longer "Fresh Faced"......

Nothing says Super Bowl like a "Fresh Face"......
            Well then,

San Diego is SCREWED.

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
              Well then,

San Diego is SCREWED.

Ouch!!

Apparently the Raiders will win the Super Bowl, cause they don't more "Fresh Faced" than Doogie Kiffin HC......

Comment

Originally posted by jumpslash View Post
                I know everyone else is thinking it and saying it.........but why do we get these kinds of threads EVERY week..? "FIRE SHANAHAN, BECAUSE I KNOW MORE FOOTBALL THAN HE DOES, AND I'M SURE WHAT HE'S DOING IS NO GOOD. forget the injuries, the new d coordinator, the fact that we JUST cleaned house since last year, that we JUST hired a bunch of guys that haven't played together for very long, FIRE SHANAHAN, AND TED SUNDQUIST, AND PAT BOWLEN, AND ROGER GODELL FOR LETTING THE DENVER BRONCOS SHAME THE 97 and 98 BRONCOS, AND JOHN HICKENLOOPER FOR MAKING THE BRONCOS SUCK,AND GEORGE BUSH FOR NOT SENDING FEMA TO HELP THIS DISASTER, AND TOM CRUISE......TOM CRUISE FOR NOT USING HIS WITCH CRAFT TO MAKE THE BRONCOS BETTER........................every week......

It's because these guy's are sore losers who can't handle not getting their way.

We point out Shanahans record, they point out his playoff record without even mentioning the match ups.

We point out that this would only be his second losing record in a decade and a half, they point out his playoff record without even mentioning the match ups.

We point out his improvements in the draft lately, they pount out his playoff record without even mentioning the match ups.

We point out the similarities between Elway taking lesser talented teams to SB's and Shanahan's ability to coach a lesser talented team to the playoffs, they point out his playoff record without even mentioning the match ups.

The fact is the Broncos spoiled them with the "SB or Bust" talk, and not winning more than the two SB's is completely unacceptable to them.

I'd be willing to bet that a lot of these people weren't even Broncos fans when Shanahan was hired, new fans with no concept of NFL reality.

They see the success the Patriots are having and pout because it's not their team having that success.

I've been steadily losing respect for Broncos fans for years, but never more than this year.

The fact is, there is a sizable number of Broncos fans that are just truly pathetic......
                Last edited by stnzed; 12-03-2007, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                  It's because these guy's are sore losers who can't handle not getting their way.

We point out Shanahans record, they point out his playoff record without even mentioning the match ups.

We point out that this would only be his second losing record in a decade and a half, they point out his playoff record without even mentioning the match ups.

We point out his improvements in the draft lately, they pount out his playoff record without even mentioning the match ups.

We point out the similarities between Elway taking lesser talented teams to SB's and Shanahan's ability to coach a lesser talented team to the playoffs, they point out his playoff record without even mentioning the match ups.

The fact is the Broncos spoiled them with the "SB or Bust" talk, and not winning more than the two SB's is completely unacceptable to them.

I'd be willing to bet that a lot of these people weren't even Broncos fans when Shanahan was hired, new fans with no concept of NFL reality.

They see the success the Patriots are having and pout because it's not their team having that success.

I've been steadily losing respect for Broncos fans for years, but never more than this year.

The fact is, there is a sizable number of Broncos fans that are just truly pathetic......
                  For many who criticize Shanahan, what you are saying is true. Most of these people are just throwing tantrums, and are likely chiming in on the idiotic "Cutler sucks" threads as well. That said, some of us have genuine concerns about Shanahan, and we don't waffle on the subject based on whether we won or lost the last game.

For my part, I'll simply say that we have become a mediocre franchise under Shanahan. You and others like to point out that this will likely be only his second losing season, but you seem to forget that we've missed the playoffs roughly half the time since he's been here. To me an 8-8 or 9-7 season is a failure. Hell that was the kind of records we put up under Wade Phillips and he was gone after two years. Perhaps you are willing to wait till we are consistantly losing 10+ games every year, but I'd rather make a move before that happens. As a Broncos fan, I refuse to accept mediocrity, and that's what we've become.
                  Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by DancingHorsey View Post
                    For many who criticize Shanahan, what you are saying is true. Most of these people are just throwing tantrums, and are likely chiming in on the idiotic "Cutler sucks" threads as well. That said, some of us have genuine concerns about Shanahan, and we don't waffle on the subject based on whether we won or lost the last game.

For my part, I'll simply say that we have become a mediocre franchise under Shanahan. You and others like to point out that this will likely be only his second losing season, but you seem to forget that we've missed the playoffs roughly half the time since he's been here. To me an 8-8 or 9-7 season is a failure. Hell that was the kind of records we put up under Wade Phillips and he was gone after two years. Perhaps you are willing to wait till we are consistantly losing 10+ games every year, but I'd rather make a move before that happens. As a Broncos fan, I refuse to accept mediocrity, and that's what we've become.
                    Well if you can carry on a discussion about "concerns" of Shanahan, then I'm not talking about you. We all have our concerns, it's just some people can't have a rational discussion without the "Fire him" temper tantrum....These people can't be reasoned with.

As for your argument, the Patriots were 5-11 in 2000, they won the SB the next year....They were 9-7 in 2002, they won the SB the next year.

The point is, one losing season is hardly proof that "consistently losing 10+ games a year" is imminent.

And I'll be honest and go ahead and say what everybody is thinking, a high draft choice might be better for this team in the long run that making the playoffs.

Having concerns is natural, it's the by-polar "Fire everybody" temper tantrum that's getting nauseating......

Comment

• Originally posted by DancingHorsey View Post

good post.

Comment

• Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                        Having concerns is natural, it's the by-polar "Fire everybody" temper tantrum that's getting nauseating......
                        Agreed.
                        Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shanahanaramjam View Post
                          Serioulsly Its time for Mike Shannahan to move on! This guy has lost this team and franchise. He is not a good coach any longer. Pat I know you love this guy and kiss his butt, but you have to di what is best for this franchise. He did the same thing last yr. A win an you're in vs. The 49ERS and you lose at home! Now you sink even lower by losing to an inferior team and rival in a bad Faiders team. Mike Shannahan must go!
                          Seriously, it's time for you to get a clue!? It takes time to build a championship team! It doesn't happen over night. Yeah, sure, the team has been playing like poo-poo, but gettin' rid of Shanahan is not the answer! Who are we going to replace him with?? Before we can him, we'd better have somebody in mind. I'm personaly against Shanahan leaveing! You guy's better wake up!
                          Haze gray and underway!

Comment

• Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
                            dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is like the tenth shanny thread stop making new ones. we get it your mad about the loss, move on shanny aint going nowhere!
                            dude!!!!!!!!!!!!! good post; and your right Shanahan isn't going anywhere!!
                            Haze gray and underway!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shanahanaramjam View Post
                              Engelberger, Webster, McKinley, Martinez, Holland are all below average guys in the NFL he stuck them in there (Running backs are both undrafted guys over achieving). AND JUST BECAUSE YOU SAY THAT HE IS A BETTER COACH ON PAPER DOES NOT MEAN HE IS DOING THE JOB AT HAND. HE HAS LOST THIS TEAM!
                              Well since thing's look so dire, and your getting props from a Chiefs fan, maby you otta go over and support THEM........ I mean everything is Shanahan's fault; how many coaches have the Chief's gone through? And they're still bottom of the barrel!
                              Haze gray and underway!

Comment

• Originally posted by DancingHorsey View Post

Some interesting things here....Shanahan has constantly built teams to win. In the 13 years he's been here, this team has built a reputation of being a winning franchise, with muliple play off appearances and 2 SB victories.

Shanahan is not happy with a 8-8 or 9-7 season. You know he's not...hence why "new players" either through FA or the draft.

In one breath it's "Shanahan is leading this team to medicocrity"....while Shanahan is the one that built this team into a consistantly winning franchise, and has the fans in the mindset that anything less than the SB is a losing season.

He didnt move up in the draft, get Cutler, draft Marshall, Scheffler to stay at medicority. He didnt go out and get Travis Henry, Daniel Graham, Dre Bly, trade CP for Champ Bailey, get John Lynch, draft Elvis Dumervil, get 3 defensive players in last years draft, draft D-Will (RIP) and Foxworth, pick up Jevon Walker in a killer trade....just to stay at medicocrity.

Personally, I would like to see what another year with these players will do with another year under their belts...a long off-season to think about this one, and to try and fix whatever went wrong.

Because looking at this list of players, we should be kicking ass about now...not pondering the firing of the HC.
                                sigpic
                                Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                                -Sean Payton

Comment

Working...
                                X