Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Denver strong enough to be AFC Champions this year?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by TXBRONC
    I don't think the schemes will change but it starting look like Shanahan is moving towards having bigger offensive linemen.
    The question is how much is it Gibbs philosophy and how much is it Shanahan's philosophy? Shanahan is still here.

    Was it Shanahan's philosophy and Gibbs just got the players to play???

    He may be moving to larger lineman but he still is looking for speed.

    Shanahan has always been a great offensive mind.
    Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

    Comment


    • Would be tough to tackle a running back when there's a big tree blocking ya! Defense better watch out for George Foster!


      Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

      2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
      2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

      Comment


      • The zone blocking scheme relies on quickness from the OL. I do think they're getting bigger too, but I don't think that's come at the expense of speed. It seems that this has happened (is happening) to all positions. A 265 pound QB is simply ridiculous (a la Culpepper). Foster's combination of size and quickness is a precursor of things to come; not only with the Broncos, but with the league in general. (Gallery comes to mind). I think Foster will be a fixture for years. A big tree that moves.... (a la Treebeard) - what a great thing.
        Winter is Coming!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by broncos4ever
          The question is how much is it Gibbs philosophy and how much is it Shanahan's philosophy? Shanahan is still here.

          Was it Shanahan's philosophy and Gibbs just got the players to play???

          He may be moving to larger lineman but he still is looking for speed.

          Shanahan has always been a great offensive mind.
          I think you and I are saying the same thing B4E. I don't think Foster would have been picked he thought that he could not work in system that he has. I don't see Shanahan changing the system, but rather trying to find bigger linemen who can do the same things as smaller ones.
          John 11: 25-27

          My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



          Thanks Snk16

          Comment


          • Originally posted by TXBRONC
            Now that's not true Java, LT is harder to play, and even Lepsis said it will take him some time to readjust to LT. However, he thinks by the end of camp he have it worked out.
            i know that i said it was harder, but not that much harder than RT its just more important, the reason Lepsis has to adjust is cause everything is backwards on the left side as opposed to right.
            dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

            I tried to warn ya.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by TXBRONC
              I think you and I are saying the same thing B4E. I don't think Foster would have been picked he thought that he could not work in system that he has. I don't see Shanahan changing the system, but rather trying to find bigger linemen who can do the same things as smaller ones.
              We are definitely agreeing with one another on this one.

              The question still stands though, who thought up the system, Gibbs or Shanahan? Does anyone know???

              It will be interesting to watch the running game of Atlanta this year, maybe it will give us an answer.
              Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

              Comment


              • Originally posted by broncos4ever
                The question still stands though, who thought up the system, Gibbs or Shanahan? Does anyone know???
                I'm researching it right now, but initially I'd have to say that the system was a melding of Shanahan's offensive genius and his ability to create mismatches with Gibbs' fanatical yet simple style of coaching linemen. Keep in mind that Gibbs is not all cussing and yelling, and he's not exactly cerebrally challenged either. Two offensive masterminds; one focusing on the high profile players and philosophy, and one focusing on the guys in the trenches - a very effective combination as we all know.

                Here's a little something I found from the Sporting News (circa '97):

                "So Shanahan and Gibbs have moved away from the finesse and trickery of the 49ers' ground game, which Shanahan directed for three years as offensive coordinator, and have installed a more direct approach. The Broncos push and push and push on rushing plays, using the line's quickness and power to carve openings for the fast-striking Davis, giving him creases for his cut-back skills."
                Winter is Coming!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Return of Lava
                  i know that i said it was harder, but not that much harder than RT its just more important, the reason Lepsis has to adjust is cause everything is backwards on the left side as opposed to right.
                  That's right and that makes it more difficult. He has to retrain himself on his foot work and that will be difficult. However he is up for the challenge according to his own words.
                  John 11: 25-27

                  My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                  Thanks Snk16

                  Comment


                  • Wow

                    Ya'll have been kind to me. I appreciate that. Still prepared to take grief from the Quiefs. I was so focused on my comparison to prove them wrong, I shifted my mindset to defense. It makes me human. Again, thanks for your kindness in not slamming me.
                    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

                    Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

                    Comment


                    • Huge!

                      Training camp finaly starts tommorrow! We are gonna get some real news and reports and developments to discuss. Sometimes felt like this day would never arrive. WR's, TE's, RB's, Linemen O and D, Corners, Safety's, and speedy return specialists! Soon we gonna get new input. Can hardly wait.
                      - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

                      Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X