Glenn Martinez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glenn Martinez

I just don't see him as a good returner. He seems not to be "sure handed". Fumbles, bobbling the ball and so on. I guess he is in there as a "fix" this season, but I hope we can correct that. He may be a good later option as a WR but as a returner just not getting it done.

I know our ST's have problems and I can't blame him totally but everytime I see the guy I just cringe hoping he won't fumble the darn ball. I don't expect Denver to get someone like Hester, a guy like that comes around once in 20 years, but there has to be a better option somewhere. I wish I had an answer.

Any thoughts?

Sorry, MaRtinez
    Last edited by JerseyAdam; 12-05-2007, 02:09 PM.

This guy makes me sick. Everytime he gets a kick he always runs left and always fumbles! And maybe im the only one that notices that hes very slow...he's just getting credit for that lucky return he had against tennessee. We need to draft a fast kick returner

Comment

Why did we get rid of Q Morgan? I never understood that? He was a solid guy with exp ad good at his job! He resigned that one year deal and -gone. I gues shanny thought there were 2 or 3 guys on the team already that could do just as good as a job if not better. Too bad that backfired. Damn man, all those unessary fumbles, might have saved a game if Q man was still here. Oh well...

Comment

I'm with you guys, I see Martinez as a bandaid but nothing more. We truly do need a big play returner that's got ball security.

Comment

Small guys are the best return men

Shanny doesnt get it! Small guys make for the best return men:

Best returners in Broncos History:
          Upchurch
          Millburn
          Hebron
          Gordon

smaller guys

Best return men in the league
          Hester
          Drummond
          Dante Hall
          Leon Washington
          Roscoe Parrish
          Randel El
          jones-drew
          Cribbs

Only Cribbs is a taller guy and he isnt that tall. Martinez is too upright and too big a target. I dont know about fumbling all the time but he sure does like to run sideways and his first step is usually a bit slow!

I think he could be a good 4th receiver/slot guy.

Comment

screw glen martinaz at punt returner he got one lucky return.he honestly sucks.i would rather see someone small and shifty like maybe dre bly or maybe just andre hall.
            RIP Sean Taylor,Darrent Williams, Damien Nash, and Marquis Hill.Our hearts are with you.

go Selvin Young.

screw da dolts!!!

Comment

I agree.

Smaller, quicker, shiftier KR/PR's seem to do the best because they hit the hole fast instead of watching it close and swallowing them up.

Comment

Originally posted by dnvabroncos4evr View Post
                screw glen martinaz at punt returner he got one lucky return.he honestly sucks.i would rather see someone small and shifty like maybe dre bly or maybe just andre hall.

Andre Hall has looked the best to me out of anyone this year. He's only returned kickoffs so far though- I wonder why no punts???

Comment

actually don't like SY back there, nor hall. for some reason and maybe it's just me., they both seem out of place. I'd almost like to see Bly back there -shifty and misleading runner, but I'm afraid he's fumble the ball to much. Maybe just on punt returns.

And no, BM, no thx. Wouldn't want to risk a total freak injury that could jep. his career and a great one it will be-here in Denver of course!

Comment

I won't argue with everyone bagging on Glenn Martinez at Punt Returner, but he wasn't signed to be a PR, he was signed to be a WR (specifically at slot after Stokely is gone). I wish we did have a better return man, but saying he's a complete waste is a bit harsh.

Comment

Originally posted by JerseyAdam View Post
                      actually don't like SY back there, nor hall. for some reason and maybe it's just me., they both seem out of place. I'd almost like to see Bly back there -shifty and misleading runner, but I'm afraid he's fumble the ball to much. Maybe just on punt returns.

And no, BM, no thx. Wouldn't want to risk a total freak injury that could jep. his career and a great one it will be-here in Denver of course!
                      Dre' Bly was back there for one punt that I know of vs the faid. He fair caught it.
                      sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by Canmore View Post
                        Dre' Bly was back there for one punt that I know of vs the faid. He fair caught it.
                        I think Bly returned all the punts last week if I'm not badly mistaken.

Comment

He has the heart of a lion but the body of a field goal kicker....

He's kind of small
                          sigpic

Comment

Wow....

Wow.... first of all it's Martinez so spell it right if you are a Broncos fan... second of all it's been what two weeks since he returned a punt for TD.. players get injured during the practice week and don't play it's quite simple. Shame on you for forgetting that as well as how to spell the guys name.

Comment

^^^ as well as fumbled a punt that lead to a score- whats your point?

Comment

Working...
                              X