• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JerseyAdam
    replied
    Wow-you to bud!

Originally posted by JohnElway007 View Post
    Wow.... first of all it's Martinez so spell it right if you are a Broncos fan... second of all it's been what two weeks since he returned a punt for TD.. players get injured during the practice week and don't play it's quite simple. Shame on you for forgetting that as well as how to spell the guys name.

Wow yourself. Ever have a keyboard that doesn't hit all the keys once in a while or ever not spell a word correct? If so, you are a better man then I...but I'd doubt you are so perfect.

Also, read the entire post! I corrected myself.

Last, I also remember he FUMBLED the ball in the SAME GAME, that went 7 to the other side of the scoreboard a few plays later. So, if you want to get tech. about this-it's a wash or a push. Plus the guy has miffed more balls then put us in great field position...so what are you talking about??? Inform me....

I'm not "hating" on him, just saying he sucks-plain and simple- at returning, and what's the next step?

Christ...some people....

Leave a comment:

• BaileyTheBest
    replied
    Wow.... first of all it's Martinez so spell it right if you are a Broncos fan... second of all it's been what two weeks since he returned a punt for TD.. players get injured during the practice week and don't play it's quite simple. Shame on you for forgetting that as well as how to spell the guys name.
    Get over yourself. I'm as big a spelling corrector as anyone but misspelling a name makes you a non-fan? That's a new one.

Leave a comment:

• AsianOrange
    replied
    Fixed. And I agree.

Leave a comment:

• 91bronco
    replied
    ^^^ as well as fumbled a punt that lead to a score- whats your point?

Leave a comment:

• JohnElway007
    replied
    Wow....

Leave a comment:

• Bronco_Armada
    replied
    He has the heart of a lion but the body of a field goal kicker....

He's kind of small

Leave a comment:

• BaileyTheBest
    replied
    Originally posted by Canmore View Post
    Dre' Bly was back there for one punt that I know of vs the faid. He fair caught it.
    I think Bly returned all the punts last week if I'm not badly mistaken.

Leave a comment:

• Canmore
    replied
    Originally posted by JerseyAdam View Post
    actually don't like SY back there, nor hall. for some reason and maybe it's just me., they both seem out of place. I'd almost like to see Bly back there -shifty and misleading runner, but I'm afraid he's fumble the ball to much. Maybe just on punt returns.

And no, BM, no thx. Wouldn't want to risk a total freak injury that could jep. his career and a great one it will be-here in Denver of course!
    Dre' Bly was back there for one punt that I know of vs the faid. He fair caught it.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco_Hyde
    replied
    I won't argue with everyone bagging on Glenn Martinez at Punt Returner, but he wasn't signed to be a PR, he was signed to be a WR (specifically at slot after Stokely is gone). I wish we did have a better return man, but saying he's a complete waste is a bit harsh.

Leave a comment:

• JerseyAdam
    replied
    actually don't like SY back there, nor hall. for some reason and maybe it's just me., they both seem out of place. I'd almost like to see Bly back there -shifty and misleading runner, but I'm afraid he's fumble the ball to much. Maybe just on punt returns.

And no, BM, no thx. Wouldn't want to risk a total freak injury that could jep. his career and a great one it will be-here in Denver of course!

Leave a comment:

• 91bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by dnvabroncos4evr View Post
    screw glen martinaz at punt returner he got one lucky return.he honestly sucks.i would rather see someone small and shifty like maybe dre bly or maybe just andre hall.

Andre Hall has looked the best to me out of anyone this year. He's only returned kickoffs so far though- I wonder why no punts???

Leave a comment:

• bucking bronco
    replied
    I agree.

Smaller, quicker, shiftier KR/PR's seem to do the best because they hit the hole fast instead of watching it close and swallowing them up.

Leave a comment:

• dnvabroncos4evr
    replied
    screw glen martinaz at punt returner he got one lucky return.he honestly sucks.i would rather see someone small and shifty like maybe dre bly or maybe just andre hall.

Leave a comment:

• jhildebrand
    replied
    Small guys are the best return men

Shanny doesnt get it! Small guys make for the best return men:

Best returners in Broncos History:
    Upchurch
    Millburn
    Hebron
    Gordon

smaller guys

Best return men in the league
    Hester
    Drummond
    Dante Hall
    Leon Washington
    Roscoe Parrish
    Randel El
    jones-drew
    Cribbs

Only Cribbs is a taller guy and he isnt that tall. Martinez is too upright and too big a target. I dont know about fumbling all the time but he sure does like to run sideways and his first step is usually a bit slow!

I think he could be a good 4th receiver/slot guy.

Leave a comment:

• 91bronco
    replied
    I'm with you guys, I see Martinez as a bandaid but nothing more. We truly do need a big play returner that's got ball security.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X