• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos move Harris up, sign Underwood and Bozeman

what do you guys think

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...8&storyID=7598
    sigpic
    -------

Seems like a good move to me. I like the idea of letting Herris grow into his spot on the roster. He could be a force with Thomas in the near future. I also like the S from Green Bay. I hope he strengthens our special teams a bit.
    sigpic

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

Comment

I hope the DT's are powerful.

Comment

The one thing to get excited about is that Harris has the opportunity to begin to develop as a player. Otherwise, we're all just hoping one will be a diamond in the rough, ala Hamza.

I think the real thing to look at is the underlying story of what is going on at DT. That is, Jim Bates likes and needs big DTs to make his scheme work - guys that are 320lbs+. We now have 1 of these...and he's on the practice squad after being cut (Burton).

My point is, even if Bates is back as D-coordinator next year, I just don't see anyway we'll be going back to his pure scheme. I think the more active, aggressive, up the field style of the DTs (and D-line in general) is here to stay.

The sad thing is, even though Gerrad Warren had some question marks, we got rid of him because he didn't fit Bates' new scheme. Imagine the future if we had Warren and Thomas teaming up in an aggressive, up the field style....

Comment

Good move in the sense that he gets a shot and the Broncos get to see if he's a viable option for the DT rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowlensbest3233 View Post
            Good move in the sense that he gets a shot and the Broncos get to see if he's a viable option for the DT rotation.
            i agree, it couldnt get much worse at DT than it has been all year.
            sigpic
            -------

Comment

It'll be cool to see how Harris stacks up against the garbage we've discarded...

Underwood was a good small school prospect back in '05. He's fairly athletic and tough but his upside may just be as a sub-package guy. He was axed because he was slow to recover from torn knee ligaments and GB wanted a 3rd QB. Here's a little snippet I found on him:

A key member of the Green Bay kicking game, Underwood led the Packers in special teams tackles as a rookie, with 23. By the end of his debut season, he had worked his way up the depth chart and was playing regularly in "dime" situations.

Underwood registered 14 tackles and one forced one fumble while playing from scrimmage.

A safety who possesses some cornerback-type skills, Underwood is a physical defender who figured prominently in the Packers' plans for the future, and who likely would have seen his playing time increase in 2006. In camp, he recently was working with the No. 1 unit at strong safety, as projected starter Marquand Manuel, signed as a free agent in the spring, continues to recover from an injury.

Underwood appeared in all 16 games in 2005.
              Definitely could figure into next year's plans...

Comment

All good moves IMO, Underwood should help ST's and could be a good backup, Harris should do good we'll have to wait and see though.

Comment

Originally posted by rbk_bronco View Post
                  All good moves IMO
                  Thats similar to what we thought about our offseason moves lol

Comment

Originally posted by kdayZn View Post
                    Thats similar to what we thought about our offseason moves lol
                    i still think we made great moves, since they'll still have an impact next year. it's like it's all canceled out after one season.
                    Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
                    Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

Comment

While I can't comment on their play since we haven't really seen them, I am concerned about how light our DTs are, relatively speaking. Harris is 285 lbs? Good for a DE but a little undersized for a DT. Good height, though.

I don't know. I guess we'll find out in the near future.
                      "You can't take the sky from me..."
                      ------
                      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

I just dont now why we need 320 + on the line to make it work,thats just a bunch of bull fat and slow.......I would rather have 220-300 and fast as we have had in the past.....its always worked before why not now.....bates get out of here I think the chiefs need you..

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon View Post
                          While I can't comment on their play since we haven't really seen them, I am concerned about how light our DTs are, relatively speaking. Harris is 285 lbs? Good for a DE but a little undersized for a DT. Good height, though.

I don't know. I guess we'll find out in the near future.
                          Harris is listed at 305 lbs on the roster on the main website. He was 285 lbs when they signed him.

My hope is that the reason the team cut Adams is because they believe Harris is ready to play on game day now. It would be nice if they could take away defensive tackle as a priority for the draft. If he gains another 20 lbs by next season, he will be right up in the range that Bates generally likes for his defensive tackles.
                          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                          You Mad Bro?
                          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncos9697 View Post
                            I just dont now why we need 320 + on the line to make it work,thats just a bunch of bull fat and slow.......I would rather have 220-300 and fast as we have had in the past.....its always worked before why not now.....bates get out of here I think the chiefs need you..
                            idk some of these new big guys are amazingly fast for there sive. like the guys on vikings and chargers and jags
                            sigpic
                            -------

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                              Harris is listed at 305 lbs on the roster on the main website. He was 285 lbs when they signed him.

My hope is that the reason the team cut Adams is because they believe Harris is ready to play on game day now. It would be nice if they could take away defensive tackle as a priority for the draft. If he gains another 20 lbs by next season, he will be right up in the range that Bates generally likes for his defensive tackles.
                              Seriously? If he packed on 20 lbs without slowing down, I'll be more enthusiastic.

But again, we won't know much about him until we see him play for a few games.
                              "You can't take the sky from me..."
                              ------
                              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Working...
                              X