Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Javon Walker??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Javon Walker??

    What does he mean when Javon Walker doesnt return?
    http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_7624725

    As for next year, there are many areas in need of repair, although probably not tailback, thanks to the NFL ruling Travis Henry was innocent of his most recent drug charge. Other positions in need may be receiver (if Javon Walker doesn't return), linebacker (does D.J. Williams stay in the middle?), defensive line and maybe one more young safety to team with Hamza Abdullah.

  • #2
    I think he means if Javon Walker returns to the Broncos next year because of his injury.:

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by da_broncos View Post
      What does he mean when Javon Walker doesnt return?
      http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_7624725

      As for next year, there are many areas in need of repair, although probably not tailback, thanks to the NFL ruling Travis Henry was innocent of his most recent drug charge. Other positions in need may be receiver (if Javon Walker doesn't return), linebacker (does D.J. Williams stay in the middle?), defensive line and maybe one more young safety to team with Hamza Abdullah.
      Its pretty self explanitory dont you think...Javon might not come back, thats it. I hope he can, but would not be surprised if he was let go in the offseason.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by da_broncos View Post
        What does he mean when Javon Walker doesnt return?
        http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_7624725

        As for next year, there are many areas in need of repair, although probably not tailback, thanks to the NFL ruling Travis Henry was innocent of his most recent drug charge. Other positions in need may be receiver (if Javon Walker doesn't return), linebacker (does D.J. Williams stay in the middle?), defensive line and maybe one more young safety to team with Hamza Abdullah.
        I may be wrong, but I think his contract is up after this season.
        If you love NFL stats and history
        pro-football-reference.com
        jt-sw.com/football

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Breezer View Post
          I may be wrong, but I think his contract is up after this season.
          We signed him to an Extension. And the BIG MONEY kicks in next season. If his knee is worse than he is letting on (which I do believe is the fact) then he will be released.

          If u recall when he first hurt his knee this year he claimed that it wasn't the same knee. I think Javon's knee is worse than he is letting on. But knowing that he is about to make big bucks next year he does not want to jepoardize that.

          I really wouldn't cry to see him go. Jay seems to have developed a great chemistry with every one but him. (Stokely in less than a year. Scheffler and Marshall)
          Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

          Comment


          • #6
            What are the salary cap ramifications??? I hear we are already a bit on the short side of available money (when are we not?). Will his signing bonus affect us if we cut or trade him???

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Aija View Post
              We signed him to an Extension. And the BIG MONEY kicks in next season. If his knee is worse than he is letting on (which I do believe is the fact) then he will be released.

              If u recall when he first hurt his knee this year he claimed that it wasn't the same knee. I think Javon's knee is worse than he is letting on. But knowing that he is about to make big bucks next year he does not want to jepoardize that.

              I really wouldn't cry to see him go. Jay seems to have developed a great chemistry with every one but him. (Stokely in less than a year. Scheffler and Marshall)
              Can anyone explain how Javon's contract is structured. I know that he is suppose to get alot more next year but what are the nitty gritty details?
              sigpic

              Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Canmore View Post
                Can anyone explain how Javon's contract is structured. I know that he is suppose to get alot more next year but what are the nitty gritty details?
                There were two years left on his original contract in Green bay. Well he played the first year under the old contract and the big money kicked in from this year. (From CBS4 Denver.)

                His deal is for five-years and is worth more than $40 million, including roster bonuses totaling $15 million in 2007 and 2008
                Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

                Comment


                • #9
                  What a bust he turned out to be - damn i feel we are the unluckiest team in the league

                  Its prolly cause im a fan

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by orangenblue420 View Post
                    What a bust he turned out to be - damn i feel we are the unluckiest team in the league

                    Its prolly cause im a fan
                    I don't consider him a bust unless he really can't come back. I think this is the only guy I've heard really hinting that he might not come back (second time he's done it, I believe).

                    Walker saved our passing game last year and started off really hot before his knee flared up. Unless the physicians have said that he'll never fully recover from this injury, I expect him to return to his old self before long.
                    "You can't take the sky from me..."
                    ------
                    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Earlier this year the thought of not having Walker on the team would have had me pretty upset. With Marshall coming on as he has, I don’t think it will be as big of a loss as it could have been. A healthy Javon Walker teamed with Marshall would be an insane threat, especially with Graham and Scheffler playing TE.

                      If he does get released, I’d like to see a good quality WR, maybe a #2 kind of guy come in, I think Marshall is ready to step into the #1 spot, as he has much of the season.

                      What I’d prefer is that Walker heals up though. A healthy Cutler-Walker-Marshall would strike fear into any defense!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Javalon View Post
                        I don't consider him a bust unless he really can't come back. I think this is the only guy I've heard really hinting that he might not come back (second time he's done it, I believe).

                        Walker saved our passing game last year and started off really hot before his knee flared up. Unless the physicians have said that he'll never fully recover from this injury, I expect him to return to his old self before long.
                        There is four games left in the season. A lot of football left to prove to himself and his team that he is worth keeping.

                        I would be sad to see him go, but I can understand it. Since he's been in Denver, he's had a rough time. Seeing his friend die in his arms, and then his knee this year, not to mention this team isnt doing the best this year.

                        I'm wondering if there would be other teams willing to take a chance on Walker, with his current contract. I imagine if Denver decides to let him go, it wont be for "free."
                        sigpic
                        Adopted by: Peanut

                        "You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                        -Sean Payton

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X