Scheffler vs Graham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheffler vs Graham

If scheffler's blocking improves does anyone think we will keep Daneil Graham after this year? I'm not sure of his contract specifics, but in an effort to alleviate some cap space do you think we let him go this offseason to give scheffler the starting role? Can we afford to keep both?

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Originally posted by The|Snake#16 View Post
    If scheffler's blocking improves does anyone think we will keep Daneil Graham after this year? I'm not sure of his contract specifics, but in an effort to alleviate some cap space do you think we let him go this offseason to give scheffler the starting role? Can we afford to keep both?
    There's no way we cut Graham because he received $15 million in guaranteed money. And it would be insane to cut Scheffler considering he's in his rookie contract.

They'll both be here next year barring any career-ending injuries. (Knock, knock on wood)
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

I'd never vote to get rid of Scheffler, I was just curious as to how much each made and if it was realistic to have that much money tied up at the TE position for a 2nd consecutive year.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon View Post
        There's no way we cut Graham because he received $15 million in guaranteed money. And it would be insane to cut Scheffler considering he's in his rookie contract.

They'll both be here next year barring any career-ending injuries. (Knock, knock on wood)
        Yep.. we will have both of them next year. I for one only see improvement in this position if they both stay healthy.

Not only is money an issue, both I think that Graham will make serious improvment as well going into training camp.

Training Camp.

We are already discussing next year.

That's OK.. I'm looking forward to 09 and 10
        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

We should keep both unless Graham decides he wants to go somewhere.

Reason to keep him and Scheffler is to keep them both fresh. It lessens the impact on both players physically. Having two interchangeable TE would help the Denver Offense out since most Defensive coaches will try to play the RUN or PASS on looking at who is at TE.

That would be a card we can use against the opposing defense.

Graham in "must be a pass" instead we run

Scheffler in "must be a run" we pass.

Plus every good team needs a backup TE and both show they can split playtime and perform well.
          McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

i think it'd cost too much to cut him in the offseason, so we'd may as well keep him. he is after all, a hell of a blocker who can catch when he's needed to. once we get back to running the play action a bit more, he'll be valuable, esp when we're in the red zone and teams ignore him in favor of scheff.

but when the time is right, if scheffler's blocking has improved enough by then-keyword being enough-DG might have to go.
            Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
            Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

Comment

Heck no, we keep both! We didn't give him big money and a long contract to get rid of him one year in. Graham has helped anchor our line and the biggest reason we've been able to play through so many injuries on it.

Comment

Both Stay.

These guys are both one play away from going down. Anything that helps maintain the run I am for. Go Broncos!
                One on One, Man against Man. The Air is Thin up Here. Bring it.

Comment

What about Nate Jackson when he gets of IR??

Comment

Scheffler vs Graham
                    Regular pinfall/submission match or a specialty match?
                    sigpic

Comment

They are both very good TE’s that bring a lot to the Bronco’s offense. I can’t see a reason why we wouldn’t keep both.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Hyde View Post
                        What about Nate Jackson when he gets of IR??
                        It would either be Nate Jackson or Tony Scheffler. They are the same kind of TE.

I wonder how happy Graham is in Denver. He signed here because he wanted to go somewhere where he could be a bigger part of the offense as a reciever, and he's an even more unlimited role in Denver than he was in NE.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                          I wonder how happy Graham is in Denver. He signed here because he wanted to go somewhere where he could be a bigger part of the offense as a reciever, and he's an even more unlimited role in Denver than he was in NE.
                          I’ve wondered that. Although a 2 TE line up of Scheff, Graham, Walker, Marshall and Henry does look pretty good doesn’t it?

Hopefully next year he’ll be able to get more involved.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                            It would either be Nate Jackson or Tony Scheffler. They are the same kind of TE.

And he's expressed frustration over that in some interviews he's done.

I think if we lose one, it's going to be Graham. Scheffler is too important to Cutler and the passing game, and let's face it - we're vastly overspending on Graham as it stands right now.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                              And he's expressed frustration over that in some interviews he's done.

I think if we lose one, it's going to be Graham. Scheffler is too important to Cutler and the passing game, and let's face it - we're vastly overspending on Graham as it stands right now.
                              Right on. As much as I love Graham and how well he handles himself to the public, he isn't doing much for the amount we are paying him.

In reality, all he does is block. Now granted we need blocking to protect Jay, but I would rather sign Mustard at a much lower price to do the same as Graham.

The blocking might not be as good as Grahams, but it would save a lot of money for an IMPACT player.

Comment

Working...
                              X