Scheffler vs Graham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    As I said, Graham wasn't catching many balls before the injuries began mounting. Explain that to me.

He was still kept in for pass protection even before the injuries....It really is that simple, mojo.

One thing to keep in mind when you say Graham is a blocking TE only, it's only because that's what the Broncos need him to do.

His critics act like he just can't get open or he catch the ball, that's just not true.

With so many legitimate things to criticize this year, why do we have to invent reasons to complain? Broncos fans are a fickle breed......

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
      He was still kept in for pass protection even before the injuries....It really is that simple, mojo.

One thing to keep in mind when you say Graham is a blocking TE only, it's only because that's what the Broncos need him to do.

His critics act like he just can't get open or he catch the ball, that's just not true.

With so many legitimate things to criticize this year, why do we have to invent reasons to complain? Broncos fans are a fickle breed......
      But again, him being a blocking tight end is not the expectations of Shanahan or Heimerdinger. They stated in separate interveiws that they thought Graham would catch 50-60 passes.

So again, the logic isn't there.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
        Explain this to you? For one, I dont' think we are paying him too much money. YOU do. But then, that just comes down to opinion.. and I personally think we got one of the better ALL round TEs in the league. He's not just a "blocking TE."

As I mentioned in the post above... when was there a part in the season we didn't have many injuries? Marshall and Schef were hurt in the offseason, so when was this 'quote' of yours said? What exactly did they say? Our OL has been hurt from EARLY on. On pace for 30 catches for the year isn't much if we were using and relying on him to be our pass catching TE. As it is, he's not getting that ONE extra pass a game (which is what it would be to get roughly 50 catches) because we are keeping him in more TO block. So explain to me how hard that is to understand???
        With Marshall and Scheffler out, that should have put Graham in a position to catch MORE passes than he was at the beginning of the season.

There's no logic to your argument, ravage. You either believe that Graham was brought here specifically for his blocking abilities (which, according to him, Shanahan, and Heimerdinger, isn't the case), or that injuries have forced him out of the offense, despite the fact that Scheffler came back from a serious injury and locked up with Cutler immediately. As long as Scheffler is on the offense, Cutler isn't going to look Graham's way. That's just the way it is. So you're paying a TE millions of dollars to block. Period. And in my opinion, there are better ways for the Broncso to spend that money.
        sigpic

Comment

sure, but not yet

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
          With Marshall and Scheffler out, that should have put Graham in a position to catch MORE passes than he was at the beginning of the season.
          Ideally you would be correct in assuming Graham would get more looks in the stead of Sheffler and Marshall etc... But the bigger problem is protecting 6!! Until our newfangled line could perform consistently by themselves we needed Graham blocking. But before they could become a cohesive unit Nalen goes out for the year. Now the shuffle starts over and boy did they need help (having Lions flashbacks as I type, man that was brutal). So I DO believe they fully intended to use him in the passing game, but had to use Jackson and then Sheffler while they waited for a decent oline to develop. We may get to see a little more of Graham at the end here but I rather suspect it will wait til next year when Lepsis is fully healthy, Hamilton and Nalen are back, and Pears has fully adjusted to RT. We've all seen rookie QBs implode with bad lines, I'm sure Shanahan would go double TE all day if he thought he needed to (hey it worked for Washington against us last year!)
          "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

Working...
          X