NFL games 7 days a week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL games 7 days a week?

how manys days a week do you think the NFL schedule games?

what could be better than watching an NFL game every night during the week? at the very least i hope they soon make the thursday night game an every week thing.

i don't know. i'm just trying to start a thread about something that hasn't been posted a million times in the last 6 months.

lol

I agree, we should get some dirt, and blackmail to get atleast 4 days per week

Comment

NFL is too tough

the players can barely make it week to week as it is now. MLB can play 162 reg season games , and the NBA can play for six months or whatever, but football takes every ounce of energy from every good player every game. it takes most of the week for them to get back up to full strength in time for the next game. if you would like to watch foot ball more often try ESPN Classic -- they have some good games.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
      The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
      http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
      My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Re: NFL is too tough

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
        the players can barely make it week to week as it is now. MLB can play 162 reg season games , and the NBA can play for six months or whatever, but football takes every ounce of energy from every good player every game. it takes most of the week for them to get back up to full strength in time for the next game. if you would like to watch foot ball more often try ESPN Classic -- they have some good games.
        I don't think it's too much to have two teams each week play an earlier game. It will just spread the games around so there's less down time between Monday night games and the next Sunday. They already have the occasional Thursday night game outside of the Thanksgiving Day games.

Personally, I like the Thursday night every week possibility. That would cut the down time from 6 days to 3. The teams involved have 4 days between games followed by 10 days between games which would actually be a nice reward for playing on Thursdays.
        "You can't take the sky from me..."
        ------
        "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

i'm just trying to start a thread about something that hasn't been posted a million times in the last 6 months.
          First, i'd just like to applaude you for that, lol.

now call me boring and all fashioned, but i dont like the idea of having nfl games 7 days a week. Games on sunday, and monday night, and some occasional thursdays is enough. other than the fact that the players would have a hard time coping with 3 day rests and so on; i wouldnt be really into any game other than the broncos game. i only enjoy watching games on sunday because i'm waiting for the broncos game after it, so the early games just sort of put me in the mood for football.
          "HOW THEY GONNA TRY ME LIKE DAT?!"- Champ Bailey

Comment

i watch every game that is on tv, no matter how bad the matchup. i can't get enough of the nfl.

to get anything like this to work they would have to get very creative with the schedule. i don't think you would want to make any team play with less than 4 days rest.

the more i think about this, i think i would end up divorced by the middle of october if they did it.

sundays are bad enough. 12 straight hours of football drives my wife nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by elof
              i watch every game that is on tv, no matter how bad the matchup. i can't get enough of the nfl.

to get anything like this to work they would have to get very creative with the schedule. i don't think you would want to make any team play with less than 4 days rest.

the more i think about this, i think i would end up divorced by the middle of october if they did it.

sundays are bad enough. 12 straight hours of football drives my wife nuts.
              Actually that is what makes pro-football enjoyable to watch is every game counts. If there were games all the time it would take away from that and we would slip into a "hockey" or a "baseball" mode.

I like it the way it is.
              Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever
                Actually that is what makes pro-football enjoyable to watch is every game counts. If there were games all the time it would take away from that and we would slip into a "hockey" or a "baseball" mode.

I like it the way it is.
                teams would still only play 16 games in 17 weeks. they just wouldn't all be on sunday afternoon. you might have a couple games on friday night, a couple games on thursday, ect. all the games would still mean just as much.

imagine how much fun it would be to go to mile high on friday night for a game. talk about a party type atmosphere. drink as much as you want, you don't have to work the next day. and after a big win finishing off the night at brooklyns with other bronco fans would be better than going home on sunday and sobering up for monday.

Comment

Originally posted by elof
                  teams would still only play 16 games in 17 weeks. they just wouldn't all be on sunday afternoon. you might have a couple games on friday night, a couple games on thursday, ect. all the games would still mean just as much.

imagine how much fun it would be to go to mile high on friday night for a game. talk about a party type atmosphere. drink as much as you want, you don't have to work the next day. and after a big win finishing off the night at brooklyns with other bronco fans would be better than going home on sunday and sobering up for monday.
                  O.K. I get the picture. Yes, I think I would like that. It would not be bad for the TV either because I would think they would get more ratings.
                  Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

It would still be tough cause if a team is scheduled for a sunday game then the next week their game is a wednesday game they dont get the rest they need - it would lead to many more injuries, which I for one, would not like to see -

I do agree though I would love to be able to watch football all the time - but I think thats why they have come out with the NFL Network, you just have to accept watchin re-runs

PS - Cox Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I cant get NFL Network )

Comment

Week night games stress me out - as i'm trapped in traffic trying to get home, listening to the game on the radio. i hate it. a few thursday night games would be okay, but any more than that would kill me... i couldn't handle missing so much football b/c of work and the commute.
                      Orange/Blue Girl in L.A.

Comment

Originally posted by orangenblue420
                        It would still be tough cause if a team is scheduled for a sunday game then the next week their game is a wednesday game they dont get the rest they need - it would lead to many more injuries, which I for one, would not like to see -
                        I think Thursday should be the earliest game and, of course, nobody playing on Monday night would be eligible for a Thursday night game. Again, after a Thursday night game the teams would get 9 days rest instead of the normal 6 so it should make up for the short week. And it would be like Monday night football in that teams get a maximum of 2 or 3 Thursday games each year.
                        ------

Comment

Originally posted by orang/blu in LA
                          Week night games stress me out - as i'm trapped in traffic trying to get home, listening to the game on the radio. i hate it. a few thursday night games would be okay, but any more than that would kill me... i couldn't handle missing so much football b/c of work and the commute.
                          Those are just the nights when you have "family emergencies" and have to leave early.
                          ------

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                            Those are just the nights when you have "family emergencies" and have to leave early.
                            Exactly. thankfully last year's monday night bronco/raider game fell on my birthday (what a LOVELY birthday that was!) so i had that excuse...I think another time i invented some story involving my mother trapped at the airport.
                            Orange/Blue Girl in L.A.

Comment

Originally posted by orang/blu in LA
                              Exactly. thankfully last year's monday night bronco/raider game fell on my birthday (what a LOVELY birthday that was!)
                              Wow, now that WAS a nice way to spend your birthday, eh?
                              ------

Comment

Working...
                              X