NFL games 7 days a week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Javalon
    Wow, now that WAS a nice way to spend your birthday, eh?
    It was the best present a girl could ask for. I spent the whole day completely stressed out, which people assumed was b/c of the whole aging thing (yeah right, who can think about aging when a bronco/raider game is looming?!). But yes, at the end of the night i was one happy birthday girl.
    Orange/Blue Girl in L.A.

Comment

Originally posted by orang/blu in LA
      It was the best present a girl could ask for. I spent the whole day completely stressed out, which people assumed was b/c of the whole aging thing (yeah right, who can think about aging when a bronco/raider game is looming?!). But yes, at the end of the night i was one happy birthday girl.
      Damn, where were you when I was single?

Don't get me wrong, I think my wife is almost perfect. But she isn't a football fan. She in no way interferes with my Broncomania and will even watch some of the games with me now and then. But I still wonder what it would be like to have her share my passion for football and the Broncos.

Oh, well. The important thing is she doesn't mind my football passion and it doesn't even bother her when I hoot and holler or yell and scream at the TV. Her only rule is that I can't let a bad game by the Broncos ruin my day. She didn't even bat an eye when I said I wanted to get the NFL Sunday Ticket for $180 or so.

However, I do think that NFL games 7 days a week might put a strain on her sweet disposition. :0
      "You can't take the sky from me..."
      ------
      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Well why not have all the games played as they're regularly scheduled & then just tv-ed on different days...That way you don't have to miss any matchups...I mean, obviously you'd know the outcome - but there is so much you miss just seeing the highlights...

I wish that kumquat cable would get the NFL network...but they won't - so when we move I'm getting sattelite.

Comment

NFL Players Union

Tuesday is the league's official day off, so don't plan on Tuesday.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
          The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
          http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
          My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

consider the fact that tv ratings for monday night have consistently been going down for quite some time while sunday ratings grow higher and higher as football is the peak sport in the usa. most people dont work on sundays. why move games away from sunday on a regular basis when more people would have to work and ratings would be lower.. dont get me wrong i could watch football every day. but i get my fix watching college during the week.. i think the nfl should do away with thursday games not on thanksgiving as well. i mean think of me.. if the chiefs have a thursday game i have to drive over an hour to the stradium, then in traffic its about 2 and a half hours home. add in game time and think how late i have to be out when i have to work the next day.. thats the biggest thing i think when it comes to weeknite games other than ratings. most season ticket holders dont live within 15 minutes of the stadium.

Comment

While these are all interesting ideas, I think it would be a tough sell. Disney/ESPN/ABC has invested a lot of moeny in weekday college games for some smaller conferences, and the ratings have been pretty good. (Which just shows you that if you have a good matchup, regardless of national ranking, we are a football crazy nation). So they would be hard pressed to find time to schedule NFL games, which are less profitable than college games (which makes no sense, but I guess they invest a lot more money to produce a pro game...?)

I am not sure if CBS or Fox would be interested. It messes with their prime time schedule. (Really, have you seen what they run on Sunday mornings/ afternoons in the off-season!???) NBC might, given their lack of NFL coverage, but that would mean CBS or Fox giving up its rights to a game. Gievn the holy hell they raised when the NFL raised the possibility of a flexible schedule to raise MNF's ratings, I don't think they want to do that either.

So you could go cable (Fox Sports? TNT?).

It poses a lot of logistical problems.

I dunno. Let high schools and colleges have the other days. Woe be the network who forces a tivo or VCR lacking die hard fan to choose between their son's game and their favorite NFL team on a Friday....the ;etters would NOT be fun. No matter how hard you try, you're probably gonna know the score before you watch the taped game anyway.......

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
              You should check these guys out

Comment

Exactly Jared - which is why I say they should keep the schedule as is, but replay the other games that you might have missed in their entirety throughout the week...

This may be what happens on the NFL network - but I'm not privvy to that yet *sigh*.

Comment

My opinion on 7 day a week NFL:

Can you say 'mindgasm'?

I am ok with any and every idea that would increase the frequency of games played throughout the season.

I love NFL football and there is just no other way to explain it.

I seriously would be ok with football everday from Sept. to January. If the only increase was an extra game on a weekly basis, resulting in a regular Thursday night game, I would be allright with that too.
                  Originally posted by boltzpride619
                  What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
                  True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

what if we had something similar to nfl europe but in the usa? minor league football like a farm system for the big clubs during the season? i mean its football. they could televise a high school football game and get ratings

Comment

Re: NFL games 7 days a week?

Originally posted by elof
                      how manys days a week do you think the NFL schedule games?

what could be better than watching an NFL game every night during the week? at the very least i hope they soon make the thursday night game an every week thing.

i don't know. i'm just trying to start a thread about something that hasn't been posted a million times in the last 6 months.
                      No, I like the way it is right now, all the games on Sunday, and 1 on Monday...Its tradition...I wouldnt want it any other way....

Comment

Working...
                      X