Extend the season!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extend the season!

I'm sick of waiting.... If only Football were year-round....

I wish preseason games started in mid June...
    Training Camp would start in May....

The preseason should be extended to six weeks...
    Starters wouldnt play in the two extra preseason games.

And the Regular season should start in early august!

This means the NFL regular season would be 20+ games...
    YES YES YES! PLZ NFL INCREASE SEASON SPAN!

Also, each team should get three bye weeks... This would mean that each NFL team only plays one more game than the current 16 game schedule in the 17 week season, but football would be successfully year round! from June all the way to February.... With an April Draft... YAY! lol just dreaming but wouldnt it be cool?

No one gives up anything ofcourse except the NFLPA who would want more Vacation time... but for goodness sakes.... if the NFL gets even bigger, that means bigger shared revenue = MORE PLAYER SALARIES! I'm sure the players would take an extra 12% on their base salaries because if the NFL is year round you can bet the Revenue would get jacked up to the sky!
    Beneath the shadow of the NFL's greatest player, AL Wilson shall cement his legacy in Denver - leading the new Orange crush to a third superbowl.

No, I disagree, I am happy with the length of the season...If there were more than 16 regular season games, then it just wouldnt be the same...I like it just the way it is, sure the waiting for the season sucks, but all the trades, mini-camp and all that just gets you more hyped about the season, and when it finally gets here, its your reward for waiting..I love it...

Comment

I think the anticipation of the season is half of what makes us so excited come game time. Look how boring regular season hocky, basketball, and baseball games are. *yawn*

Comment

Man the season is too small, I'd like to see more games, something like 20 games each team and 2 bye weeks each team, would be better... MORE FOOTBALL NOW....

Look at this guy!!! He is kicking some asses!!!

|||||Broncos Rulez|||||

Comment

I did say to include 3 byeweeks... so that the players dont get injured... also said that Starters dont participate in as many preseason games... so guys like vick dont suffer that fate.....

DID ANYONE READ THE WHOLE THING? lol
          Beneath the shadow of the NFL's greatest player, AL Wilson shall cement his legacy in Denver - leading the new Orange crush to a third superbowl.

Comment

The season lenth, I think is fine but I think during the summer they shoud have more coverage of whats happening with mini camp, trades, draft picks, and hired free agents.

I AM TIRED OF THE SHAQ/KOBE STORY. iT IS GETTING OLD.

Comment

I think they should increase it to 20-24 games a season. It generates more revenue for the sport, it keeps the fans happy and if the players can't manage it they shouldn't be playing the sport. Rugby players can manage 30 games a season and that's considering that each match is 80 minutes of continuous running. So I'm pretty sure that it can be done in football.
              sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinStuff
                I AM TIRED OF THE SHAQ/KOBE STORY. iT IS GETTING OLD.
                Amen to that brother

But the season is good the way it is - dont fix it if it aint broke - football is great because it doesnt have too many games - thats why they have created the NFL Network - some of us are just unlucky enough to not be able to get it - have I recently stated Cox can Bite Me - if not - they can

Comment

Football is the biggest sport inthe United States BECAUSE people don't get bored with the season that lasts ALllllllll yr round like baseball and basketball. I LIKE it being a short season. I like thats its here in the GREAT short burst and then its over, building for another year. When things extend out tooooo long, they get OLD.. like baseball. Lets leave things the way they are..its the best, why change it?

Comment

Working...
                  X