No announcement yet.

ESPN: In young QB market, Cutler hot, Eli Manning not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a great article. I follow the draft very close and there was no doubt he had the most potential out of the top 3. People want to say Vince Young has the most potential, but they're dead wrong. His arm is no where near Cutler's and just because he might be a little faster that doesn't make him better.

Comment

I wasn't a fan of the move from Plummer to Cutler at first because they were in the heat of a playoff race and coming off an apperance in AFC Championship.

Now, I think we may have our guy we can build a team around. We haven't had a fair chance to see what he can do with a healthy cast around him.
      sigpic

Comment

Cutler is starting to look off defenses, and that comes with time. Too many times early in the season he would just stare at his guy. You can clearly see the growth.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadeofBlue View Post
          Nice to see it, but I think its going to take another year or two to see if we get a Rivers regression situation, or some continued improvement.
          I seriously doubt that will happen. Comparing Rivers to Cutler is like comparing a Ford to a Ferrari.
          Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by vandyman53 View Post
            Well, Cutlerfan and myself also went "based on his looks" however, we were looking in a different way than you were, lol!!

I guess we on this board perhaps with the exception of Mountain Man are the original "told ya so" guys. We will continue to defend him also, however the more he plays now there is the less we have to defend!!
            I have supported/Defended Cutler from day 1. my first thread outside of the card forum was about this very thing. My Thoughts On Jay Cutler
            _
            Card by broncos_mtnman Sig by MasterShake America: Freedom to Fascism Watch this!
            All you need to know about Yellow & White Bars, CPs, and Levels

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickdaDookie View Post
              I bookmarked the page. My favorite article from espn.com, ever...
              I second that! This was a great find
              I'm officially eating crow. I support McDaniels.

Wishing for Jared Odrick in 2009.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BayAreaBronco View Post
                Great article. Thanks for sharing.

I got the chills reading this.
                ME TOO!!!! That is so good to hear! We all knew the potential this QB has! It's about time everyone else realized it too. WTG CUTLER!!!

Comment

I was just gonna post this. Nice article, maybe the most positive piece about Jay I've ever seen. I hope even half of what they say in there comes to be.
                  sigpic

TZ

Comment

I'm sorry, but the writer of the article is clearly delusional. Vince Young, Eli Manning, Matt Leinart, etc are all going to be better than Cutler....seriously, the guy when to Vanderbilt for god sakes.

Comment

Originally posted by elwayistheman12 View Post
                      I'm sorry, but the writer of the article is clearly delusional. Vince Young, Eli Manning, Matt Leinart, etc are all going to be better than Cutler....seriously, the guy when to Vanderbilt for god sakes.
                      And it just so happens that apparently Denver's O-Line is just like the one that Jay played behind at Vanderbilt, so your point being...
                      I believe that Jay being from Vanderbilt makes him perfect for the Broncos. This is gonna sound mean but it's true, Jay being from Vanderbilt helps him be use to being on a losing team. And I know that people are gonna mention about the year that Denver got smashed by the Steelers in the play-offs, that they were winning last year and all that, but this year is what I'm talking about. But see, like at Vanderbilt, they hope that he can help turn the team around and start winning.
                      Jay has a great future. He's shown that he's better than Matt and Vince. And poor Eli Manning has Payton as a big brother to deal with. He's never going to live up to the Manning name thanks to Payton. But see, unless Eli gets a better team around him, he won't be as hot as Cutler is now.

Originally posted by vandyman53 View Post
                      Well, Cutlerfan and myself also went "based on his looks" however, we were looking in a different way than you were, lol!!

I guess we on this board perhaps with the exception of Mountain Man are the original "told ya so" guys. We will continue to defend him also, however the more he plays now there is the less we have to defend!!
                      Yeppers. I can't wait until his stats can totally speak for themselves.

Comment

What a great article!!!

I love how he is the QB of the future..It gets me all pumped up when I just think about it!!

Comment

I'm sitting here watching the Chief vs Titans game.... and both Young and Croyle are just plain bad passers. Young's passing motion, and release point, are just horrible. He's so big, but he makes himself so short with it.

Comment

Originally posted by elwayistheman12 View Post
                            Was this sarcasm? Because if that is how you really feel then you know little about NFL <> College transitioning and pro athletic ability; if a winning team is what equals talent then half of those playing in the NFL should not be! John Elway and Brett Farve both went to schools with losing records and not known for their football programs, they bettered the program and came out to be HOF quarterbacks at the next level; by your estimation we should have not drated T.D. I believe Georgia that year had a losing record! Not everyteam can be a top 25 team, or even top 50...and all the other schools still produce some good pro quality players.

People need to get off the Vanderbilt kick, it is a good school with an honest program and they are improving year in and out, and Jay Cutler started that...I think they have three or four players entering the draft this year and last year and the year before it was only two both years...and that is more then in the previous five years before!

Comment

Working...
                            X