Second Year Plummer concerns...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Year Plummer concerns...

First of all, this post serves IN NO WAY to put Plummer down. I think he had a great season last year and I have faith that he will be at or better then last year.

However, I'm still wondering about his sophmore year with the Broncos. I don't want him to end up like Brian Griese (in which he had a good first year, then it all went to hell in a handbasket for the years that followed).

What do you guys think?
    Only winners get wings.

I believe he will be fine and have a good year.
    Where does the abuse of end? Where?

Comment

Yeah I'm with him

Plummer had a good record when he was heathly and you can tell he is getting better.

Comment

If Plummer stay coll and heathly he will be great...

Look at this guy!!! He is kicking some asses!!!

|||||Broncos Rulez|||||

Comment

Re: Plummer's Helper

Originally posted by Black59Razor
          Jake's future in the in the hands (literally) of Ashley Lelie....if Ashley does his impersonation of Chad Johnson, all will be well, and Ashley will provide the Broncos with the deep threat they need, while Hot Rod picks apart the middle of the field as he has always done.

If Ashley struggles, so will the Broncos 'O'....but...if they can get Ashley to finally hit his stride, and Willie Jackson has not lost a step....and Darius Watts has anyhting as a rookie, suddenly what has been a weakness for the Broncos will become a strength...

The running game will be OK, because they have enough different types of backs to contribute.

But if Lepsis can play LT, and Foster RT, the O-line should be good, and if Ashley and company step up, that would be the formula to getting the Broncos back to AFC Title contention...

IF...

I like your Ashley to Chad Johnson comparison. Honestly, that's all I could ever hope for. He should be in that same league. We'll see how it works out.

Comment

If Lelie and Madise can step up and Rod just do what he's been doing for donkey's years then we'll be juuuust fine.
            sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Like most good quarterbacks, Jake will only be as good as the players around him. If our offensive line, running backs and receivers all perform well, Jake will too. If not, just look at how Jake did with a crappy team in Arizona.

Jake is a good quarterback but he's not Elway. John Elway was one of those rare talents that could make an average offense play better than it was simply because he was that good. In my opinion, Jake has what it takes to get us to the Super Bowl but only if the rest of the offense keeps up their end of the bargain. Elway took three teams to the Super Bowl that probably shouldn't have gone.

It will have to be more of a team effort for Plummer to get us there. But that's okay. Look at Tom Brady and the Patriots in 2 of the least 3 years. Or the Bucs the season before last. They prove that you don't have to have a superstar QB to go all the way. He just has to use his head, play within his limits, and not make too many dumb mistakes. The big plays will come if Jake does this...and so will the wins.
              "You can't take the sky from me..."
              ------
              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Re: Plummer's Helper

Originally posted by Black59Razor
                Jake's future in the in the hands (literally) of Ashley Lelie....if Ashley does his impersonation of Chad Johnson, all will be well, and Ashley will provide the Broncos with the deep threat they need, while Hot Rod picks apart the middle of the field as he has always done.

If Ashley struggles, so will the Broncos 'O'....but...if they can get Ashley to finally hit his stride, and Willie Jackson has not lost a step....and Darius Watts has anyhting as a rookie, suddenly what has been a weakness for the Broncos will become a strength...

The running game will be OK, because they have enough different types of backs to contribute.

But if Lepsis can play LT, and Foster RT, the O-line should be good, and if Ashley and company step up, that would be the formula to getting the Broncos back to AFC Title contention...

IF...

that is a lot of "ifs", but I hope it all works out so denver can see another sb

Comment

Plummer is finally on a team that wins and has a good system. Jake now has the offence down, the kid is a pure winner. Jake will lead this team and will win games that are close. With the improved defence and everybody more comfortable with each other this team is going to go a long way this season.

Comment

apples and oranges

Jake and griese shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence. first of all, brian probably had a football shoved in his gut when he was 1 day old and was told "son, you're going to be a QB."i don't think brian had a choice. after Denver dropped him, he wound up at miami last year,where daddy is a god, and i hear he moved across gator alley to tampa bay after miami let him go. i don't think brian ever really wanted to be a QB ---- maybe he wanted to be a ballarina but never had the chance. Jake does not whine and cry. Jake has fire and desire in his eyes and determination and confidence in his gut. i have seen him take beatings and poundings and crunches. he gets back up and keeps fighting until the last second. Jake has said already that he is no Elway --- no one will be --- but remember the reeves years and then the magic began with the shanny years --- yes, Jake is no Elway, but Jake is Jake. combined with the two most prolific QB coaches in the NFL ( shanny and kubiac ) we are about to witness a season of mind-blowing magical action. PS-- good points Razor
                    Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 07-16-2004, 07:01 PM.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                      Like most good quarterbacks, Jake will only be as good as the players around him. If our offensive line, running backs and receivers all perform well, Jake will too. If not, just look at how Jake did with a crappy team in Arizona.

Jake is a good quarterback but he's not Elway. John Elway was one of those rare talents that could make an average offense play better than it was simply because he was that good. In my opinion, Jake has what it takes to get us to the Super Bowl but only if the rest of the offense keeps up their end of the bargain. Elway took three teams to the Super Bowl that probably shouldn't have gone.

It will have to be more of a team effort for Plummer to get us there. But that's okay. Look at Tom Brady and the Patriots in 2 of the least 3 years. Or the Bucs the season before last. They prove that you don't have to have a superstar QB to go all the way. He just has to use his head, play within his limits, and not make too many dumb mistakes. The big plays will come if Jake does this...and so will the wins.
                      I think Plummer showed he could play within his limits and rely on his supporting cast to help. I hope he continues build on the success he had last season.
                      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                        I think Plummer showed he could play within his limits and rely on his supporting cast to help. I hope he continues build on the success he had last season.
                        Definitely. I think he did that last season. And if the players on offense around him this season do their jobs, I'm confident Jake will do what he's supposed to do and do it well.

It's just a matter of having the running game survive the loss of Portis (which I think it will) and having one or two receivers step up to the next level (for which I have hope but I'm still not certain).

I wasn't trying to insult Jake by saying he isn't Elway because, really, who is? Jake is a good QB but he's just not one of the elite types that can overcome lack of talent around him. Hopefully, he'll have that talent around him this season.
                        "You can't take the sky from me..."
                        ------
                        "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Jus a thought here, not tryin to change the subject, but who are some of the qbs other than elway that were that elite? not many could do what elway did....
                          Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                          Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                          Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Don't get me wrong guys, I think Plummer is the best thing to happen to the Broncos since Elway. From the games he played (with and without Portis), he demonstrated that he can be a leader of a team that is brimming with talent.

It's just ever since the whole Griese fiasco, I can't help but be a little concerned about it.

Do I have faith in the Broncos having a great 2004 season? Yes. That I am sure.
                            Only winners get wings.

Comment

Working...
                            X