Truer words were never spoken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truer words were never spoken

"We shouldn't even be looking at the playoff picture, to be honest with you," he said. "We should be looking at ourselves and getting better. If we can manage to win these next couple of games and find ourselves in the playoffs, then we're lucky. That's plain and simple."

"We need to look at ourselves and not look at the standings in our division or look at anything like that. What's more important is making sure we right this ship."

...At least one Bronco gets it. Thanks, Foxy!

(Complete article: http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...4&storyID=7635)
    sigpic
    They're your teammates, now.
    Best of luck, TT!
    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Originally posted by sbutk View Post
    ...At least one Bronco gets it. Thanks, Foxy!

(Complete article: http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...4&storyID=7635)
    I'm glad to see atleast one person pissed...

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderHater9899 View Post
      I'm glad to see atleast one person pissed...
      Thats right. Here is another comment from Foxy as well:

"To be flat out honest, some better personnel would help us be more consistent, and some more experience would help us be more consistent," he said. "We don't have what we need right now, and that's clear. I'll speak for myself first of all. There's no excuses for me. There's no excuses for anybody right now for what we've done."
      http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/w...equenceyh5.jpg

sigpic

Comment

When he speaks of better personnel, I wonder if he's referring to players, coaches, or both...???
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
          When he speaks of better personnel, I wonder if he's referring to players, coaches, or both...???

I wondered that myself.
          http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/w...equenceyh5.jpg

sigpic

Comment

Nice words and all, but I seriously don't see this guy here next year. He'll want more money and looks like he has a little ego problem. He has said in one article that he would like more money and he said he could be a starting corner on any team in the league

"Having Champ and Dre' is exciting but frustrating," says Foxworth. "I could start at corner on any other team. To be honest, I think I can start at corner on this team."

Comment

I personally don't like to see a player saying "we need better personnel." Thats literally slapping your teammates in the face.

Now he may have some problems with the players on the field. He may not like them as a person or as a player. He may honestly feel we don't have good players at certain positions, but until HE can look at everyone as say that HE has played PERFECT football, he shouldn't be criticizing his own teammates to the media.

Comment

I prefer it to the typical player-speak and coach-speak that you get from most post-game comments.

Viewing this team in terms of a soap opera is an entertaining way to ride out the season.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                  I'm going to go with both. Yeah, we could use some more experienced d-lineman, but we don't have them. Dumerville is in his second year, Thomas is a rookie, Crowder and Moss are also both rookies, as is Stephen Harris. We had experienced players in Sam Adams and Simeon Rice. The two former pro-bowlers failed to add or take anything away from our defense, but in their absense, at least our rookies are getting some experience. But I think our defensive coaches are not getting the job done on any level right now. Poor tackling, players out of position, penalties, no pressure on qb's, can't stop the run, db's aren't making plays, etc. etc. etc. and it hasn't improved all season long. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think there's a communication breakdown between the coaches and players, and not enough focus on the fundamentals.

Comment

I like Foxy, but its either Him or Karl Paymah who is going to be resigned. I think Dominique will look for a team where he can start on, i think he should, but ill love him to play for the Denver Broncos.

Comment

I'm thinking he should keep quiet

Originally posted by JHoward View Post
                      Thats right. Here is another comment from Foxy as well:

"To be flat out honest, some better personnel would help us be more consistent, and some more experience would help us be more consistent," he said. "We don't have what we need right now, and that's clear. I'll speak for myself first of all. There's no excuses for me. There's no excuses for anybody right now for what we've done."
                      Seems that a corner who can't keep up with ANY Tight-Ends ought to keep quiet about personnel issues. Foxworth hasn't done anything notable (in a positive way) all year. And he isn't even fast enough to cover Tight Ends. I realize Ferguson is too slow as well but Foxworth is a corner. He should atleast be able to run with a TE. If he gets out muscled I can understand when they run BY him, that's just embarrassing. Paymah is much better in coverage.
                      "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

Originally posted by DiehardinAlaska View Post
                        Seems that a corner who can't keep up with ANY Tight-Ends ought to keep quiet about personnel issues. Foxworth hasn't done anything notable (in a positive way) all year. And he isn't even fast enough to cover Tight Ends. I realize Ferguson is too slow as well but Foxworth is a corner. He should atleast be able to run with a TE. If he gets out muscled I can understand when they run BY him, that's just embarrassing. Paymah is much better in coverage.
                        DNVR Right Corner HGT WGT Speed RATING
                        22 FOXWORTH Domonique 5-11.1 184 4.43 501.50

He ran 4.3 coming out of college

Foxy is one of the fastest players on the team...Also its the Lb job to cover Te's i think in this system. I know in the old one Sam Brandon use to shut them down

DNVR Free Safety HGT WGT Speed RATING
                        ABDULLAH Hamza 6- 2.0 216 4.61 435.57

DNVR Strong Safety HGT WGT Speed RATING
                        25 FERGUSON Nick . 5-10.5 205 4.62 565.85

Hmm i guess we got another slow safety...Speed doesn't matter its cover skills that matter. Speed is the most overrated attribute
                        Last edited by MarvinWillis; 12-14-2007, 01:29 PM.

Comment

see THIS is exactly why I don't get it

Originally posted by MarvinWillis View Post
                          DNVR Right Corner HGT WGT Speed RATING
                          22 FOXWORTH Domonique 5-11.1 184 4.43 501.50

He ran 4.3 coming out of college

Foxy is one of the fastest players on the team...Also its the Lb job to cover Te's i think in this system. I know in the old one Sam Brandon use to shut them down

DNVR Free Safety HGT WGT Speed RATING
                          ABDULLAH Hamza 6- 2.0 216 4.61 435.57

DNVR Strong Safety HGT WGT Speed RATING
                          25 FERGUSON Nick . 5-10.5 205 4.62 565.85

Hmm i guess we got another slow safety...Speed doesn't matter its cover skills that matter. Speed is the most overrated attribute
                          About half the time the safety covers the TE. When Foxworth plays safety I expected him to be able to cover the TE. But consistently I would see TEs running away from him in coverage. I had to rewind the tapes to make sure I didn't have the number wrong, but lo and behold there was Foxworth getting run by all the time. It just didn't make sense [which is why I wondered if he got nicked up and won't have his 4.43 speed back until next year.] By the way if he ran 4.3 "coming out of college" where would the 4.43 come from? Did he have a big difference in his combine time and his pro day workout or did the NFL start a new thing where they update times periodically?
                          "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                            I personally don't like to see a player saying "we need better personnel." Thats literally slapping your teammates in the face.

Now he may have some problems with the players on the field. He may not like them as a person or as a player. He may honestly feel we don't have good players at certain positions, but until HE can look at everyone as say that HE has played PERFECT football, he shouldn't be criticizing his own teammates to the media.

Excuse me???

"I'll speak for myself first of all. There's no excuses for me. There's no excuses for anybody right now for what we've done."

Does that sound like he's elevating himself above his teammates to you?

Pointing fingers at everyone is a lot more responsible than pointing fingers at no one, no?

sigpic
                            They're your teammates, now.
                            Best of luck, TT!
                            ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

He is mad. That is good. He has also become a solid member of the secondary. Unfortunately, he probably said too much. Shanahan will trade or cut him and he will go to Houston and make big plays for them.
                              One on One, Man against Man. The Air is Thin up Here. Bring it.

Comment

Working...
                              X