Will We cut Henry and Walker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will We cut Henry and Walker

Wondering what you guys thought about the off season. I almost can see Henry gone this off season, but Walker I'm on the fence with. I love the guy and can't imagine the weapons for Cutler with Marshall and Walker has his primarys but makes me wonder about the extention of Stokley and if Walker and his knee are expendable now. Plus his salary.

the answer is no.
    sigpic

Comment

NO!

geez...

Comment

I don't think so, their cap numbers will be far too large to just throw them away. Travis Henry may restucture his deal (he and the Broncos are in talks about it already) and Javon Walker has already refused to restructure his. Not to mention he's pissed about Cutler never throwing the ball to him so I see Henry staying and Javon is 50/50.

Comment

It could be a case of one or the other. Walker is a big risk with his injury, while I'm not sure Henry is worth what we'll be paying him.

I'd rather take the chance on Walker if it's a choice personally.

Comment

We just signed Henry this last season. Cutting him would be worse on the cap than keeping him. It wouldn't make sense to cut him, so there is no way we do.

Stokely's extension doesn't have anything to do with Walker. Stokely is the slot receiver, and really ONLY a slot receiver. The last thing we want to do is rely on Stokely to be on the outside as our #2 WR... thats not where he is best at.

The question is whether or not the team thinks Walker is worth the 4 million dollar roster bonus due in May. He's missed 2 out of the last 3 years. He's MAJORLY valuable when healthy... IF healthy.
            Last edited by Ravage!!!; 12-14-2007, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Adam Schefter stated yesterday on 850 KOA before the game that he believed both Walker and Henry would be gone next season unless both were willing to restructure their contracts. Walker is already on record as stating he will not restructure.

Take that for what you will.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                We just signed Henry this last season. Cutting him would be worse on the cap than keeping him. It wouldn't make sense to cut him, so there is no way we do.

Stokely's extension doesn't have anything to do with Walker. Stokely is the slot receiver, and really ONLY a slot receiver. The last thing we want to do is rely on Stokely to be on the outside as our #2 WR... thats not where he is best at.

The question is whether or not the team thinks Walker is worth the 4 million dollar roster bonus due in May. He's missed 2 out of the last 3 years. He's MAJORLY valuable when healthy... IF healthy.
                Jim Armstrong reported that both Walker's and Henry's deals were structured in such manners where Denver could opt out of both contracts in the offseason and not take a significant cap hit.
                sigpic

Comment

walkers just has had a tough year all around. it doesnt really get harder for anyone. we all know the tragedy he was involved in and his injury has really offset his production this year. if he needds microfracture knee surgery then he should just get it now so he will be 100% by the start of next year. walker didnt refuse to restructure yet...that was him talking through the media. no official offers have been placed on the table at the moment and he wont be asked until the season is over. id expect him to at least restructure his base salary and not his bonus portions.
                  sigpic

Comment

the only way I'd be happy with us getting rid of Javon is if we go out and get Chad Johnson, which won't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                      Jim Armstrong reported that both Walker's and Henry's deals were structured in such manners where Denver could opt out of both contracts in the offseason and not take a significant cap hit.
                      Hmmm..... but the signing bonus we gave Henry will have to be against our cap, and if we pull out early, thats just more money against us.

Comment

Originally posted by DenBronx View Post
                        walkers just has had a tough year all around. it doesnt really get harder for anyone. we all know the tragedy he was involved in and his injury has really offset his production this year. if he needds microfracture knee surgery then he should just get it now so he will be 100% by the start of next year. walker didnt refuse to restructure yet...that was him talking through the media. no official offers have been placed on the table at the moment and he wont be asked until the season is over. id expect him to at least restructure his base salary and not his bonus portions.
                        But do you realize how serious microfracture surgery is? Thats a surgery that may very well ruin his career for good. Do we, as a franchise, take a chance on that and give him the bonus??? I don't know that we do.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                          Hmmm..... but the signing bonus we gave Henry will have to be against our cap, and if we pull out early, thats just more money against us.
                          The signing bonus for Henry is backloaded. $6 million of it is due next season unless he restructures or Denver releases him.

Both Armstrong and Schefter reported this yesterday, too.
                          sigpic

Comment

Both Henry and Walker have been huge busts. Henry has been hurt more than healthy and seems to get hurt every time he is touched. Plus he is being out performed by Selvin Young. Walker is never on the field and is a constant complainer. It's been proven we can win without both, and both can be shown the door as far as I'm concerned. They paid big money for both and should expect good numbers for their pay. Hard to put up big numbers from the sideline.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzyjeff View Post
                              Both Henry and Walker have been huge busts. Henry has been hurt more than healthy and seems to get hurt every time he is touched. Plus he is being out performed by Selvin Young. Walker is never on the field and is a constant complainer. It's been proven we can win without both, and both can be shown the door as far as I'm concerned. They paid big money for both and should expect good numbers for their pay. Hard to put up big numbers from the sideline.
                              Walker isn't necessarily a bust, injuries happen though. Last year he had a great year when he was healthy and we know what he can do when he's healthy. Remember the game winning drive against Buff? Who was Cutler's main target? Yeah it was Walker, and Walker was there to get those 10+ yards.

Comment

Working...
                              X