X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP#27#29
    replied
    Originally posted by lancane View Post
    Right now both carry little value...nice thought, but with the questions...I think Denver would be lucky to get second day picks for either player.
    Yeah, your probably right. I just have a feeling that Henry or Walker with be traded during the offseason.

Leave a comment:

• Krazy Horse
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco_Rob View Post
    the only way I'd be happy with us getting rid of Javon is if we go out and get Chad Johnson, which won't happen.
    we must be on the same ship...cause thats what i was thinking too. you never know. we were pretty close to signing TO ya know. could happen

Leave a comment:

• bucking bronco
    replied
    If Walker can come back healthy next year it would be great but if not he needs to restructure his contract. He has already lost his No.1 reciever spot to Marshall.

Henry would be a great change of pace back. Selvin has earned the starting spot. Henry could be used in the 4th quarter to punish tired, opposing defenses or pound out those 3rd/4th and short - goal line yards. He must restructure also.

If neither want to restructure then get rid of them.

Leave a comment:

• silkamilkamonic
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncosrock07 View Post
    with henry and walker gone, i hope they leave because we were better without travis and javon
    This is a completely perplexing comment to me, and I'm not sure what to think of it.

Leave a comment:

• Broncosrock07
    replied
    henry and walker

with henry and walker gone, i hope they leave because we were better without travis and javon

Leave a comment:

• Bronco_Armada
    replied
    Javon's future depends on his condition next year.

He claims he is 100%

he does not look it.

Time will tell.

I hope all goes well and comes back 100%

no wait...... 110%

Leave a comment:

• lancane
    replied
    Originally posted by RIP#27#29 View Post
    If the broncos were to get rid of Henry or Walker....I would say keep Walker. I would not be suprised if Henry or Walker get traded so the broncos can move up in the Draft, or traded for a decent player on Defense in the Nfl.
    Right now both carry little value...nice thought, but with the questions...I think Denver would be lucky to get second day picks for either player.

Leave a comment:

• JoRo
    replied
    Actually Young has shown on a play per play basis that he is much better than Henry (FO) and the middle of our line is to blame more than anything for our lack of goal line power this year. We rank near dead last in the power situations (3rd and short 4th an short... and then goal line)

Leave a comment:

• RIP#27#29
    replied
    hmmmm...

If the broncos were to get rid of Henry or Walker....I would say keep Walker. I would not be suprised if Henry or Walker get traded so the broncos can move up in the Draft, or traded for a decent player on Defense in the Nfl.

Leave a comment:

• trevorlovesthed
    replied
    either way

Travis henry i wouldnt mind letting go, but i feel like he hasn't been able to recover from his injury and he hasnt been able to finish games most of the time. If we kept Henry i wouldnt mind it either because of the reason i just stated. Walker hasnt really been able to start at a 100 percent yet so i wouldnt mind keeping him either. So the only way im deciding this is by the cap because both are great players, so im saying keep henry and release Walker because Marshall is becoming a great force, but then i think we should look at a wide receiver in either the draft or free agency to fill in the spot.

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied
    I really hope they find a way to keep both......

I'm not drinking the Selvin Young Kool-Aid just yet, if he can come back next year with significant improvements in strength, then he has a chance to be more than a change-of-pace back. One of the biggest problems the Broncos are having right now is goal line offense, at the moment Young offers next to nothing here.

Because at the moment he has Poorti$' size and Glyn Milburn's power......

And before you wish Walker gone, remember how hard it's been for the Broncos to find competent WR's before Walker and Marshall arrived. A 90% Walker is better than a 100% Lelie.

Keep in mind, I'm not a huge fan of either Walker or Henry, but it's been such a F'ed up year that maybe it's best to let the dust settle before we start another Extreme Makeover Denver Broncos Edition......

Leave a comment:

• lancane
    replied
    Originally posted by VADER72 View Post
    Wondering what you guys thought about the off season. I almost can see Henry gone this off season, but Walker I'm on the fence with. I love the guy and can't imagine the weapons for Cutler with Marshall and Walker has his primarys but makes me wonder about the extention of Stokley and if Walker and his knee are expendable now. Plus his salary.
    Rumors are both players are on the bubble. It has been mentioned on several sport shows and commentators. Walker has done little even with the opportunities he has too many dropped passes and no excuse when he has been Cutler's number one target through the end of the season last year; that and the team feels his current stint of injuries are too much. Henry on the other hand is more for performance then his injuries, this is what hinders Shanahan from spending top dollar on running backs! He is hot, injured, nearly suspended, wins his appeal, is healthy and comes out as though he forgot the system and how to play. I personally think both players are in trouble. I was hoping Javon would step up and be a weapon for Cutler, but signs are that it will not happen. If I had a say in who we keep it would be Walker over Henry...

Leave a comment:

• str8jacket
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzyjeff View Post
    Both Henry and Walker have been huge busts. Henry has been hurt more than healthy and seems to get hurt every time he is touched. Plus he is being out performed by Selvin Young. Walker is never on the field and is a constant complainer. It's been proven we can win without both, and both can be shown the door as far as I'm concerned. They paid big money for both and should expect good numbers for their pay. Hard to put up big numbers from the sideline.
    How has Walker been a bust?

Leave a comment:

• ShadeofBlue
    replied
    However, I trust the words of Jim Armstrong and especially Adam Schefter. Both stated as of yesterday that cutting Javon and Travis in the offseason will save us money against the cap for next season, but if Denver keeps them, they're liable for their contracts.

Besides, there are other ways to get rid of players other than outright cutting them. It's not impossible to think that Denver would trade Henry and/or Walker, even for a 4th or 5th round pick, if it will unload their salaries.

I believe that if we cut before next season we take the cap hits in the 09 season primarily.

Other than trying to inject some ##'s into the discussion I guess I was mostly trying to say that there's no financial reason that we need to unload their salaries. We have plenty of money to keep everyone and sign some good FA's as well as any draft picks we pick up.

Heck, just the guys coming back off of injured reserve will be the equivalent of getting $30 million worth (capwise) of players we didn't have available this year. A lot our highest payed guys have been sidelined.

I think both of the guys are good players when they are healthy. Henry was on pace for 1800 yards and was leagues leading rusher early in the year before injuries both to Henry and our O line (Nalen). Javon is a deep threat with over 1k yards last year and was an excellent player for us. Sure we might be able to get lucky in the draft or the FA market but unless either guy is a lot more banged up that the team is letting on, I figure they are both worth the money and relative risk on the payroll.

Who knows though? Shanny always has a surprise signing and release or five every year. I just think that our biggest needs are in the trenches, so shuffling around and drafting RBs and WR's isn't something I really need to see.

Leave a comment:

• Starbroncs
    replied
    Travis Henry we can do without. He has a crap attitude, doesnt put up better numbers than the other 2 who are rookies. Although the other 2 backs are the same he cant stay healthy, he need to leave denver.

Walker would be painful to lose and you gotta wonder who would fill his spot if he left.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X