Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Bronco players will not return next season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Bronco players will not return next season?

I see John Lynch retiring after this season, Nick Ferguson is on the outside looking in, Champ Bailey will be going into the 5th year of a 6 year deal and has already stated he'd like a new contract after this season. Alot of people are saying Javon Walker and Travis Henry will be cut but I really don't see us cutting them since we'd lose quite a bit of cap space that we can't afford to lose anyway. Javon has already stated that he won't restucture his contract but Henry may since other teams are unlikely to want him. I think Domonique Foxworth is in the last year of his deal as well as Karl Paymah. There's no way we can afford to keep everyone so what gives?

#22...Foxworth

he won't be here because he's a cocky SOB he thinks he's heads and shoulders above the rest of the team. he needs to get over himself!

Comment

Originally posted by Beast#7 View Post
      #22...Foxworth

he won't be here because he's a cocky SOB he thinks he's heads and shoulders above the rest of the team. he needs to get over himself!
      negative rep for pure ignorance.

Offensively I don't know, I don't know what will happen with Walker.

Defensively, the only DT I see back for sure is Thomas. And maybe McKinley. I think Gold will be gone. I think something will happen with either Bailey/Bly, but most likely they will take a pay cut, Lynch I think will retire, and Ferguson will be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post

Defensively, the only DT I see back for sure is Thomas. And maybe McKinley. I think Gold will be gone. I think something will happen with either Bailey/Bly, but most likely they will take a pay cut, Lynch I think will retire, and Ferguson will be gone.
        I have pure ignorance? I was just stating what I felt about Foxworth, just because you love Foxworth doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on his style of play and his ego.

Comment

Foxworth did state that he still thinks he should be a starter for this team, despite Baily and Bly on the team. But he's still under contract, so he can pout all he wants.

I think we keep Gold for another year.. I think Lynch comes back for one more. I agree with you on the DTs.

Offensively I would be surprised if we don't replace Pears. I'm not sure about Walker. Microfracture surgery is serious. I don't know if he would ever be the same kind of player again, and am not sure he's worth the risk... although, we DO need a WR with his kind of caliber of play on the outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Beast#7 View Post
            I have pure ignorance? I was just stating what I felt about Foxworth, just because you love Foxworth doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on his style of play and his ego.
            "he's a cocky SOB...."

That's not stating an opinion. That's stating a 'fact'.

Foxworth is the least cockiest player on the team, IMHO, and he does whatever is necessary for the team. He has no ego whatsoever in front of the team, and he's the epitome of what a team player is. Denver needs Foxworth in Denver.

Comment

Well then, with the way Bailey and Bly have been playing, maybe Shanahan should consider looking at Foxworth to start.

Comment

Why is Foxworth a pouter for thinking he can be a starter?

I don't know if he can or not, but I like the fact that he thinks he can. Do you want players on your team that are like 'I'm happy with being a backup?' Every player on the team should want to play and think they can start.
                sigpic

Comment

"Having Champ and Dre' is exciting but frustrating," says Foxworth. "I could start at corner on any other team. To be honest, I think I can start at corner on this team."

Cocky. He's not that good, he hasn't done what Bly or Bailey has done, yet he still thinks he can start.

"To be flat out honest, some better personnel would help us be more consistent, and some more experience would help us be more consistent," he said. "We don't have what we need right now, and that's clear. I'll speak for myself first of all. There's no excuses for me. There's no excuses for anybody right now for what we've done."

Man this guy is pissing me off!! This guy acts like he's the GM or something! Like this guy has a choice of what personnel goes. He doesn't like this young movement we're having in Denver. He considers himself a leader, what the?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                    Why is Foxworth a pouter for thinking he can be a starter?

I don't know if he can or not, but I like the fact that he thinks he can. Do you want players on your team that are like 'I'm happy with being a backup?' Every player on the team should want to play and think they can start.
                    He's not a 'pouter' for wanting to be a starter.... but don't say to the media that this team needs more talent, then state that you should be starting over the other players that are on YOUR team.

Players should NOT put down the other players on your OWN team. Don't say you think YOU are better. Until you can look into the mirror and say you have played perfect football, don't state that this team NEEDS better personnel... NOT to the media.

He may feel that. He may have some serious problems with the personnel on the team. He may not get along with the players themselves that are on the roster... but you KEEP it in the locker room. You don't go to the media and say "we need better _____" when you have players in your very locker room, on your very team, playing those very positions. Thats what TO did in San Fran and in Philly.

There is nothing wrong with saying that you feel you can play at a starters level, or say that you feel you could start for most other teams in the NFL. But when you ADD to that, and say " I should be starting on THIS team".. you are saying that you KNOW you are a better player than your OWN teammates. That bothers me.

Comment

That is frustrating about Foxworth, I didn't know that.

I don't know what I would do at CB. We have 2 players who take a significant amount of money towards the cap. Bly was nothing but an average CB this year, and severly overrated, IMHO.

WE also saw last night how little of an impact the best CB's can be if they aren't given help by the front 7. Houston showed you can have a good defense with backup secondary players if you have a very good front 7. Bly needs to restructure, IMHO, and maybe even Bailey too.

The majority of our money is spent in all the wrong places on defense.

Comment

Well then, with the way Bailey and Bly have been playing, maybe Shanahan should consider looking at Foxworth to start.
                        Bly and Champ have been playing fine. If our run defense wasn't so friggin pathetic, then our corner play would just be that much better. As it is now, our corners have that slight extra hesitation to help stop the run. When every team in the league can run down your throat, I'm sure you have a tendency to give that 1/2 second hesitation you wouldn't normally give simply so you can help on run support.

Comment

I don't know what I would do at CB. We have 2 players who take a significant amount of money towards the cap. Bly was nothing but an average CB this year, and severly overrated, IMHO.

WE also saw last night how little of an impact the best CB's can be if they aren't given help by the front 7. Houston showed you can have a good defense with backup secondary players if you have a very good front 7. Bly needs to restructure, IMHO, and maybe even Bailey too.

Hopefully they will.. and can. I think its a possibility that Champ can now, and help the cap, but I'm not sure Bly has been in his contract long enough that it could help the team out.

Remember.. no player is going to santa clause and give away their money. If/when they restructure, they never give up money, they only get it a different way. Since Bly JUST signed, I dont' know how much of his bonus is counted for next year compared to his salary, and then down the road. We may have to wait a year or so to get benefits from restructuring BLy's contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                            Bly and Champ have been playing fine. If our run defense wasn't so friggin pathetic, then our corner play would just be that much better. As it is now, our corners have that slight extra hesitation to help stop the run. When every team in the league can run down your throat, I'm sure you have a tendency to give that 1/2 second hesitation you wouldn't normally give simply so you can help on run support.
                            It's not the players, it's the allotted contracts.

I still say it's like paying for 2 high priced WR's, and completely ignoring the QB position, and paying for an average guy.

I saw it in the game last night. I saw Denver's Pro Bowl secondary with godforsaken dline get completely outplayed by Houston's backup secondary and stud dline. I will even take it a step further and say Houston's defense went against better players.

Defenses are built along the front 7. Not that back 4.

Comment

Exactly, they have a great D-line, and I heard they have almost no starters at all in the backfield. Cutler had a decent day stat wise but it still prevented us from putting up points.

Comment

Working...
                              X