Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Bronco players will not return next season?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by stnzed View Post
    The Broncos already extended Montrae Holland......

    http://www.denverpost.com/ci_6537712?source=rss
    Thanks Stnzed! I should have known you would find it...lol.

    Still the point remains, the line is not as good as it once was, the more competition the better for evaluation and security in case of injury. I can not stand how poor our line looks, even with the injuries to Hamilton and Nalen we are sub-par compared to what we once were...I remember when you could always count on a Denver lineman to go to the Pro Bowl, now I can not even remember the last one who went and that should tell us something!

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
      negative rep for pure ignorance.

      Offensively I don't know, I don't know what will happen with Walker.

      Defensively, the only DT I see back for sure is Thomas. And maybe McKinley. I think Gold will be gone. I think something will happen with either Bailey/Bly, but most likely they will take a pay cut, Lynch I think will retire, and Ferguson will be gone.
      Kenny peterson too

      Comment


      • #33
        [QUOTE=lancane;2041804]Foxworth is too good to remain third on the roster and as a nickleback, he will be gone because Bly and Bailey are long-termed in contract and like him are both fan favorites.

        The offensive line could be in real need, it is obvious we are not the caliber we were four or even three years ago. Nalen I think is done and will retire, Hamilton will likely move to center, I see Denver re-signing Montrae Holland to compete with Myers who will be re-signed as a utility and backup to all three middle spots, also I see Denver drafting a second day guard to throw in the mix.

        Denver will likely hit free agency in the fullback department. Sapp will not return, he really is nothing more then a receiving fullback. Maybe Lorenzo Neal if he is willing, or another powerful blocker like Tony Richardson from Minnesota. Yong will return to compete for the main spot, but I think unless Henry takes a substantial cut in pay that he will return. I see Denver bringing in a load of young backs to compete, even one from the draft.

        [QUOTE]

        First off Champ Bailey's contract is nearly up and he has stated that he'd like a new one after this season after seeing what Nate Clements got. If he wants Clements-type money, Denver will trade him in a heart beat (Denver is notorious for not paying players).

        Myers is doing well enough at Center that there is no way Hemilton would be moved there. Have you see any fumbled snaps since Myers took over at center? Neither have I...

        The last thing we need is an overpriced fullback. Lorenzo Neal will likely retire and Tony Richardson hasn't been able to stay healthy for some time now. Cecil has one year left on his contract I believe. And like it or not, Travis Henry is here to stay. No other team wants him, and we can't afford to cut him. As for Javon Walker, I'd hate to see him leave in a Randy Moss type deal...look how badly the Raiders got burnt on that, do you want that to be us?

        Comment


        • #34
          Everybody is missing the point

          The point is that this off-season is going to suck

          Henry might be gone Walker might want out and maybe Bailey wants out

          Man the next few years as a bronco fan is going to suck

          Comment


          • #35
            Javon will be gone with lynch as well. We will sign a big free agent wr maybe chad Johnson and that's considering that we almost got TO 2 years ago. Foxworth will sign a deal. Mike loves his off field stuff and wants a guy like that in the organization

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Broncofan1990 View Post
              Everybody is missing the point

              The point is that this off-season is going to suck

              Henry might be gone Walker might want out and maybe Bailey wants out

              Man the next few years as a bronco fan is going to suck
              no no no....you have it wrong bro. keep the faith. we did have a tough year yes...but we will get better next year and i promise you that. To respond back to your post, if walker is gone, he will be replaced. With Cutler and Marshall on the rise, and walker being out, we will sign a FA WR, or draft a young one (to grow with Cutler) who can also return punts. If Henry is gone, which i dont think will be the case, I could even fill in for him at RB.

              Now about bailey...3 things can happen. Trade him, Pay him and extend the contract, or dont pay him and piss him off. We could have problems here. Bailey still has some prime years left. I would restructure his deal, trade Bly, give fox and karl a shot

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Krazy Horse View Post
                no no no....you have it wrong bro. keep the faith. we did have a tough year yes...but we will get better next year and i promise you that. To respond back to your post, if walker is gone, he will be replaced. With Cutler and Marshall on the rise, and walker being out, we will sign a FA WR, or draft a young one (to grow with Cutler) who can also return punts. If Henry is gone, which i dont think will be the case, I could even fill in for him at RB.

                Now about bailey...3 things can happen. Trade him, Pay him and extend the contract, or dont pay him and piss him off. We could have problems here. Bailey still has some prime years left. I would restructure his deal, trade Bly, give fox and karl a shot
                I Agree 110%, I mean without Walker this O has not been that bad, in my opinion who needs Henry and we just need to draft a offensive o-linemen or two.

                Now for Bly dont let the door hit you in the …, give foxworth a one year to be a corner back, and Bailey for god sake broncos keep re-do his contract whatever we can do have Champ the rest of his career, and for the draft and free agency we need a DT, OLB, FS

                Comment


                • #38
                  I have a hunch that Dre Bly could be a possible Redskin in the near future.... I don't know how well my hunches turn out... but I have that type of feeling.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                    I have a hunch that Dre Bly could be a possible Redskin in the near future.... I don't know how well my hunches turn out... but I have that type of feeling.
                    I have a hunch that Bly will stay a Bronco and Foxworth will be in a Falcons uni in '08.

                    Having Champ and Dre' is exciting but frustrating," says Foxworth. "I could start at corner on any other team. To be honest, I think I can start at corner on this team."

                    lets see how that works out for him.

                    "To be flat out honest, some better personnel would help us be more consistent, and some more experience would help us be more consistent," Foxworth said. "We don't have what we need right now, and that's clear. I'll speak for myself first of all. There's no excuses for me. There's no excuses for anybody right now for what we've done."

                    He's right we need a better #3 corner, get this arrogant guy out of here Shanahan.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Broncofan1990 View Post
                      Everybody is missing the point

                      The point is that this off-season is going to suck

                      Henry might be gone Walker might want out and maybe Bailey wants out
                      Man the next few years as a bronco fan is going to suck

                      bailey doesnt want out. he just wants an extended contract. meaning he'd like to remain a bronco longer. so, dont go starting rumors. bly would be dealt long before bailey....because bailey has been possibly the best guy on our team the last 3 years. no way in hell will shanny let him go.

                      thats just like saying the colts will cut or trade manning. you dont get rid of the best player because he is having an average year.
                      Last edited by DenBronx; 12-15-2007, 05:30 PM.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Beast#7 View Post
                        He's right we need a better #3 corner, get this arrogant guy out of here Shanahan.
                        Foxy is probably one of the better #3 corners that you will find in the league.

                        Remember, the guy is playing a lot of safety. It just isn't the natural position for him, trying to come up as a small body to stop the run.


                        I would take him as a #3 and possibly #2 any day.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                          Foxy is probably one of the better #3 corners that you will find in the league.

                          Remember, the guy is playing a lot of safety. It just isn't the natural position for him, trying to come up as a small body to stop the run.


                          I would take him as a #3 and possibly #2 any day.
                          I was just joking about getting a better #3. He was saying that the Broncos didn't have better personnel, like he's something special. I hate Foxy playing the safety position, he's so undersized to play it. His tackling could use some work also, when Champ was on the sidelines for several plays Foxworth got in there had a good shot at the RB to make a tackle and then he misses it and the RB gets about 5 yards extra. He's exactly what he is, a backup, not a starter. He doesn't know that and it's going to be cruel reality for him when he finds that out.

                          Anyways, I was kind of surprised that Mike Bell was only mentioned like twice in this thread. I think it's pretty much a lock that M Bell won't be here next year, once you're in Shanahan's dog house it's hard to get out! I wish the best for Mike Bell, it just didn't work out for him this year. He's not even a running back anymore! He's basically a FB now! Time for all the Mike Bell lovers to take down their "defenders of mike bell" sigs.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            With Chad Johnson and Brandon Marshall, Denver would be the most arrogant offense in the NFL, and that's not a good thing.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                              With Chad Johnson and Brandon Marshall, Denver would be the most arrogant offense in the NFL, and that's not a good thing.
                              Yeah, Chad Johnson might not be the greatest influence on Brandon. I think it'd be sweet to have both of them, but I think the attitude problem would influence Brandon.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                                With Chad Johnson and Brandon Marshall, Denver would be the most arrogant offense in the NFL, and that's not a good thing.
                                There's no way in hell CJ is going to become a Bronco, that would be outrageous. I personally wouldn't want him here. We need Brandon Marshall to be taking notes from Rod Smith and Brandon Stokley not from degree deodorant Chad Johnson.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X