X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChampWJ
    replied
    Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    Didn't they run a 3-4 under Jim Mora? I could have sworn they did. Maybe I'm wrong?
    They did not run a 3-4 under Mora. In fact, they didn't run much of anything under Mora. Looking back at their rosters from the last several years, they've been built around 2 huge tackles (Rod Coleman, Grady Jackson until Petrino ran him off), which isn't usually a staple of the 3-4.

Leave a comment:

• silkamilkamonic
    replied
    Originally posted by ChampWJ View Post
    As a Falcons fan, I have to ask, When exactly did they run a 3-4 when Jordan Beck was there?
    Didn't they run a 3-4 under Jim Mora? I could have sworn they did. Maybe I'm wrong?

Leave a comment:

• ChampWJ
    replied
    Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    Special teams guy, and I know he came from Atlanta when they ran the 3-4, so he's possibly a 3-4 guy, whatever that really means.

Yea, with the draft coming up, I'm amazed people are looking at our team and thinking we should draft a player over a DT.
    As a Falcons fan I have to ask, When exactly did they run a 3-4 when Jordan Beck was there?

Leave a comment:

• bucking bronco
    replied
    Ian Gold is out? Good!

Leave a comment:

• silkamilkamonic
    replied
    Originally posted by Gr3yStreet View Post
    Speaking out of pure ignorance here, what about Jordan Beck? Does anyone know anything about him, because I dont.
    Special teams guy, and I know he came from Atlanta when they ran the 3-4, so he's possibly a 3-4 guy, whatever that really means.

Yea, with the draft coming up, I'm amazed people are looking at our team and thinking we should draft a player over a DT.

Leave a comment:

• Gr3yStreet
    replied
    Speaking out of pure ignorance here, what about Jordan Beck? Does anyone know anything about him, because I dont.

Leave a comment:

• HuskerBronco7
    replied
    Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
    Keith Rivers...if Kenny Phillips has been taken.
    Keith Rivers is a great LB, and a good leader for SC

Leave a comment:

• Mat'hir Uth Gan
    replied
    Winborn is a failure at WILL in the NFL. His future is either at MIKE or SAM. He has excellent speed and is a stud againt the run (usually), but he had a terrible game replacing Gold last week. But he's all we have.

Look for the team to play Lynch back in coverage now to replace Gold's role, and have Winborn play up in the box. Winborn looks like a darn good run blitzer based on what I saw last game. Pass blitzing, not so much.

Leave a comment:

• Italianmobstr7
    replied
    Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
    Right now we need a DL more than a LB or a Safety. You win and lose games in the trenches. If we don't draft a DT, or an OL with our first round pick (or pick up a GOOD free agent ,and not a scrub at those positions) then we're going to be in for another long season...

Leave a comment:

• Gbt31
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Schism
    replied
    Originally posted by cutlerfan View Post
    PS I do hope Ian does get better
    Me too, he's sucked for years now...

J/K

Anyway, bad news and definitely isn't going to do us much good for the last 2 games. Winborn blows in coverage.

On the plus side, more chance of a better draft pick.

Hopefully we can draft a WLB to compete with and ultimately succeed Ian next year.

Leave a comment:

• cutlerfan
    started a topic Ian out Jamie in

Ian out Jamie in

I just heard that Ian Gold will be out for the rest of the season. This gives Winborn to show what he can do. Jamie led the SEC in tackles for 2 years at Vandy. He has a motor that goes 100 mph.

It will be fun to watch

PS I do hope Ian does get better
Working...
X