Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold & Graham out.. Marshall Fined $7500 for snow celebration

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Wow, $7,500 for throwing snow up into the air... at a home game.

    That is just pathetic.

    Brandon Marshall is what the NFL should look at. A kid in a big mans body, just playing the game and enjoying himself.


    He's not pulling sharpies out of shoes, pulling out a HOF coat, or pulling a cell phone out... he threw snow in the air.

    Lame.

    Comment


    • #17
      The direction that the league is heading under Goodell is starting to really disturb me.
      Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

      Team Tebow #108

      Yards, without points, mean nothing.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by DancingHorsey View Post
        The direction that the league is heading under Goodell is starting to really disturb me.

        Aside from the ridiculous fine given to Marshall and the Overseas game, I really like what Goodell is doing so far....He's telling the idiots across the league that play time is over, it's time to grow up.

        Goodell is by far the better Commissioner than Tagliabue.

        What disturbs me is the fact that in 19 games the offensive line has protected the Franchise QB well enough to result in a concussion, a nearly broken leg and a knee injury to needed an MRI.

        Thats what disturbs me. It's time for a change in philosophy along the O-line. You can no longer tell me that Shanahan can't run his system with 320LBers that can also pass protect! No more "Doesn't fit the system" excuses!

        Kubiak is doing it in Houston.

        It's time to invest in your Franchise QB's future......
        Last edited by stnzed; 12-15-2007, 06:51 PM.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by stnzed View Post
          Aside from the ridiculous fine given to Marshall and the Overseas game, I really like what Goodell is doing so far....He's telling the idiots across the league that play time is over, it's time to grow up.

          Goodell is by far the better Commissioner than Tagliabue.

          What disturbs me is the fact that in 19 games the offensive line has protected the Franchise QB well enough to result in a concussion, a nearly broken leg and a knee injury to needed an MRI.

          Thats what disturbs me. It's time for a change in philosophy along the O-line. You can no longer tell me that Shanahan can't run his system with 320LBers that can also pass protect! No more "Doesn't fit the system" excuses!

          Kubiak is doing it in Houston.

          It's time to invest in your Franchise QB's future......
          So far Goodell has proven to be a petty, capricious tyrant who is spiteful and inconsistent in his punishment of players. On top of that, he's shown a clear inclination towards taking the game away from the fans for the sake of making a few extra bucks (games on NFL Network and games outside of the country). As far as I'm concerned, Goodell is a piece of slime.
          Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

          Team Tebow #108

          Yards, without points, mean nothing.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by stnzed View Post
            Goodell is by far the better Commissioner than Tagliabue.
            Noooooo way. I could disagree with a lot of your last post, but this part of it stuck out the most. Tagliabue was a great professional sport commissioner. One of the greatest ever.

            Comment


            • #21
              Did TO get fined or even penalised for eating the Popcorn? That isn't considered a prop, yet snow is? I don't think he even planed it. He didn't put the snow there so he could use it to celebrate. CJ didn't get fined for using the jacket because it wasn't on the field. The snow wasn't on the field either! Why isn't SD penalised when Steroid does his dance?

              Did CJ even get fined for running over to the camera? The fine is BS!

              Here's what I think, These little fines are crap. If the NFL wants to stop all celebrating, the fine should go up for repeat offenders. Make them stop! Or dump the rule and let them do it.

              IMO, the no team celebrations rule is the worst. The team celebrations are not the same as TO slamming the ball on the star in Dallas. Would TD and the Broncos be penalised for doing the salute? That's a bunch of crap!
              _
              Card by broncos_mtnman Sig by MasterShake America: Freedom to Fascism Watch this!
              All you need to know about Yellow & White Bars, CPs, and Levels

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by fcspikeit View Post
                Did TO get fined or even penalised for eating the Popcorn? That isn't considered a prop, yet snow is? I don't think he even planed it. He didn't put the snow there so he could use it to celebrate. CJ didn't get fined for using the jacket because it wasn't on the field. The snow wasn't on the field either! Why isn't SD penalised when Steroid does his dance?

                Did CJ even get fined for running over to the camera? The fine is BS!

                Here's what I think, These little fines are crap. If the NFL wants to stop all celebrating, the fine should go up for repeat offenders. Make them stop! Or dump the rule and let them do it.

                IMO, the no team celebrations rule is the worst. The team celebrations are not the same as TO slamming the ball on the star in Dallas. Would TD and the Broncos be penalised for doing the salute? That's a bunch of crap!
                CJ did get fined for using the camera, yes.

                But I agree. The NFL is trying to take the fun out the the celebrations, and I don't understand why?? I mean, why? Why stop the celebrating, what is there to gain?

                You know... honestly when you think about it, Terrell Owens started almost ALL of these sanctions/rules. It was his running to the Cowboys star, that set rules into place on celebrations in general, and it was his 'sharpie' actions that set forth the 'prop' rule. Now I liked the Sharpie move. I thought it was hilarious. It was the followups that got out of hand. Joe Horn's cell phone hidden in the cushion that really stepped up the fines.

                But I can't complain about them not fining CJ on the sidelines for his silly coat antics...because they didn't fine Marshall when he went behind the sidelines for snow celebrations after the second TD.

                Would the Broncos be fined for doing a salute??? Only if it was apparent that the team did a pre-determined team celebration.....

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Nas
                  On a serious note, I woudn't mind seeing Scheffler develop a little more. The game time action only help Jay out next year... giving him more weapons.

                  Winborn could use the live action also. I do not want to see Webster starting at SAM next year...
                  Our O-tackles this year have had difficulty with both run blocking (mainly Pears) and in pass pro (both). The reason you seldom see Graham in a pass pattern is that he is in max protection. Notice how much pressure Jay got when Graham went out with this injury on Thursday? Now, Tony Scheffler will be kept in on passes to block. He will be the lead blocker on the stretch play.

                  Far and away the best part of Scheff's game is to run pass routes and catch footballs. His role has been a pass receiver to relieve pressure on Jay. The weakest part of his game is in line blocking. IMO this is bad news for the Broncos on both levels. Tony will be kept in to do what he is weakest at and at the same time he will get less chances to play to his strength.

                  Other members of the team will have even more slack to pick up. Cuttler had better be ready to scramble. IDK if Merriman is back but even without him they have a very solid pass rush. Who ever is chosen as the #1 running back is going to have to do more on his own to make up for the poorer blocking.

                  Bad news seems to come in bundles.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Nas
                    Oh I know all about our tackles coach, I've been all over here and the Mane recently.

                    You don't think the Broncos will change up the playcalling to compensate for Scheffler being in there? What about offensive linemen/tight end Chad Mustard? Shanahan has to be aware of our previous protection problems, I just don't see him allowing Cutler to be exposed out there to the buzz-saw that is San Diego's pass rush.

                    Season is almost over anyway, I'm just saying the silver lining is that Scheffler (who still can develop) will get a chance to do so via trial by fire.
                    Chad whiffed giving up one of those sacks on Jay during Thursday's game.

                    My reason for posting was merely voicing my feeling of futility and wondering when our bad luck was going to end. From here, it looks like the silver lining for Tony's development could come with a rather high price to someone else.

                    Who knows maybe he will do just fine.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X