Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ILBroncofan
    replied
    Bates is...ugh...he's bad. As I said in a previous post, I'm not Pro coach, but pro coaches have to do it better than this. We have such a large supply of talent, ESPECIALLY on the line, we should be stopping the run rushing a MAX of 5 or 6. Teams lick their lips when they play us, because they know theres a glaring flaw in our game plan for that week, and all they have to do is find it. I'm really surprised at the Chefs (and yes I said chefs) game. I thought for sure they had already found our hole, but, we somehow pulled it out.

I think if Walker is healthy, he'll be back. And I TRULY hope so. With Walker/Stokely/Marshall, all healthy, we'll have the ability to complete 30-35 passes a game. The BAD thing about that is, completions do not = TDs, and, this offense is built around the RB. We better draft well for our O line, or its gonna be another "Score 40 or Lose" season.

Leave a comment:

• Beast#7
    replied
    When I saw this thread I thought it was going to talk about bringing out the brooms for the sweep that the Chargers are going to give us.

Leave a comment:

• AmericanBronc
    replied
    Except, when we don't play his way, we're just stacking an extra person in the box... and our TE coverage is ridiculously weak. Not to mention, even when we do, we still get run over and players like Champ and Dre get burned because they're so busy watching for the RB that they can't keep on their man in M-to-M coverage, and so they get burned, too.

Can anyone, please, tell me what the hell is wrong with our defense that even 8 players can't stop the runners, and how we fix it so we don't even need 8?

Leave a comment:

• rev_rock
    replied
    Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
    Walker is the deep speed threat, the great hands threat, the over the middle threat, the reverse threat, the possesion guy threat if we need him to be. He is all of that. And he is 6'2 or 6'3 and like 220lbs. When healthy he and marshall on the field at the same time are going to be better imo then fitz and boldin. Mike knows this.

We will not go into next season with marshall,stokly,martinez and some wr we take late in the draft. And hope that rod can make a full comeback. Shanny wants cutler to have weapons at every angle!

We need walker. Walker stays!
    I really do hope that Walker stays. However, even though he is all that you say, without a good knee, he is also none of that! His rehab will be the deciding factor. If he's got a bum knee, he's history. If his knee heals completely, he and Marshall will be a receiving tandem like no other!! I certainly hope that is what happens.

I am one who absolutely hopes that Jim Bates leaves. Even though the team's been plagued by injury, this entire lousy season can be laid in Bates' lap. When his scheme is scrapped, the defense plays decent. But when playing his way, they suck. I keep hearing that personnel changes will fix the problem, but will new players ruin another season trying to learn this 'system'? I think they need to use what works, and that's not something they're getting from Bates.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaPirateFunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
    I'll make a deal with you...

If you clean up that post so that it reads better (i.e. its not just one giant paragraph of text), I'll read it and respond.
    aw muffin. do you cut up pages in books so they're easier to read?

anyway, i agree with the topic creator, short of the point about walker. he looked pretty damn good considering he had plummer passing to him. he hasn't really had a chance to show what he can do with cutler, but walker is a beast. he's huge, he's fast, he can stretch the field or run crisp routes. i maintain to this day we don't even know what he's capable of. but if he's healthy and forms a good rapport with cutler, we won't mind having kept him.

the only way i'd get rid of him is for an offensive lineman or a pick we use on a lineman. because it's all about cutler. if we get rid of a weapon he could use for years to come, we'd better give him protection which can be just as valuable.

Leave a comment:

• Broncofan1990
    replied
    I hate to say it but I agree I dont see Walker back next year

Leave a comment:

• underrated29
    replied
    Originally posted by Gr3yStreet View Post
    So we need help up front (DT), in the middle (LB) and in the Secondary (S)? How is the core of our team intact? Perhaps on the offensive side of the ball, but unless were expecting the offense to put of 40+ every game we need a defense.

well, lets see.

De-moss,ekuban,crowder,elvise,engle
    DT-thomas,mckinly, need help, need help (one draft, one vet, or two draft)
    LB- dj,winborn,webster,gold,need help, (atlest 1 draft, and a nice backup)
    CB- nuff said
    S- fergy-gone,lynch 1 year maybe, hamza, need help (draft,fa, and a vet)

So lets recap:

2 DT's, 2LB's would be ideal but 1 should be ok if another is a backup, and 1 to 2 safteys.

So i count 6 players, of which 2-3 need to be impact, depending on what we do in fa and the draft. Probably see DT,LB in draft...so there is two of our three. And then we can add another vet or two if need be.

So by all accounts we need 3 players now, out of 11. We have almost everything else covered, offensively and defensively.

So yes our core is intact. IF you want a full breakdown, to me its

1 oline,1wr/kr,2dt,2lb,2s (one of each of those, can just be a solid vet)

Leave a comment:

• underrated29
    replied
    I guess we will have to wait and see. Nothing personal but i hope you are wrong.

Dom, might be traded, it makes sense, but on the other hand it doesnt. As mug said we have diminished his value this year, yet he is indeed quite valuable. Often times people think ok, we got to good corners thats all we need. Wrong!!

Remember the playoffs games against the colts? it was their 3rd wr who kept owning roc alexander. How do they expect to keep up with teams like cincy,indy,ne when they spread the formations. Yeah, dre and champ can shut down their 1 and 2, but 3 and 4 will eat us alive all day long. Thats why in some aspects we need to hold on to 'nique. He is probably one of the best number 3/4 cbs out there.

Facing one of those teams with the likes of paymah and.....WHo is our #4? we let shoate and the other guy walk. It could turn out to be a long day.

SO in that regard they might be wise to hang on to him. But he is pissed that he is not starting, and his salary might raise as such to just send him else wehre....This one is also really a wait and see.

Leave a comment:

• Gr3yStreet
    replied
    Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
    The core of our team is intact. We need some help at oline,DT,LB,S. The rest just needs time to grow and mature.
    So we need help up front (DT), in the middle (LB) and in the Secondary (S)? How is the core of our team intact? Perhaps on the offensive side of the ball, but unless were expecting the offense to put of 40+ every game we need a defense.

Leave a comment:

• Krazy Horse
    replied
    [QUOTE=underrated29;2042426]i have said this else where, but..........

shanahan and bates arent going anywhere.

henry is not going anywhere!

Walker is not going anywhere! He is a top 10 WR.

QUOTE]

walker will not be back

Leave a comment:

• Krazy Horse
    replied
    Lynch will be gone and Nick also...Hamza will be a key player next year

Javon will be gone...with this being said we will draft a young WR to grow with Cutler and Marshall who can also return punts, or we will sign another FA WR

Bates will obviously be gone

Henry will be back and have a big year next year

Bly might be traded, and with that being said Fox will get a deal either way. Not only does Mike like people like fox, who really do a lot in the community, and fox is a utility player and did a pretty decent job filling in this year when people were hurt.

Bailey will be back and his deal will not be redone. It will be redone next year

Leave a comment:

• underrated29
    replied
    i have said this else where, but..........

shanahan and bates arent going anywhere.

henry is not going anywhere!

Walker is not going anywhere! He is a top 10 WR.

unless we can pull of some rediculous trade for like steve smith and kris jenkins! Walker is the deep speed threat, the great hands threat, the over the middle threat, the reverse threat, the possesion guy threat if we need him to be. He is all of that. And he is 6'2 or 6'3 and like 220lbs. When healthy he and marshall on the field at the same time are going to be better imo then fitz and boldin. Mike knows this.

We will not go into next season with marshall,stokly,martinez and some wr we take late in the draft. And hope that rod can make a full comeback. Shanny wants cutler to have weapons at every angle!

Most of the offense stays, maybe a tweak on oline, defense stays excpet maybe a surprise ret. by lynch. Dl is going to have maybe a turnaround, but i think perhaps it will be more additions, and not so much subtractions, but players moving down to 2nd/3rd string etc.

The core of our team is intact. We need some help at oline,DT,LB,S. The rest just needs time to grow and mature.

Leave a comment:

• Gr3yStreet
    replied

If you clean up that post so that it reads better (i.e. its not just one giant paragraph of text), I'll read it and respond.

Because I generally enjoy reading what you have to say, I will try.

"I guess we will be cleaning up shop in the off-season. Most likely starting with the coaching staff and working our way down the list.

With the exception of a few players, I would think the biggest changes would be on the offensive and defensive line. Other than that there are only a few players I think will or should be put up for auction such as Javon walker and Travis Henry.

I do think walker is a good receiver however his health is a big problem. He's surely not the go to guy everyone expected.

Marshall is the man and will continue to be the man next season.

Were really not that bad of a team....I mean coaching lost us a few games this season. A few changes in the trenches and I think we have a playoff contending team next season. I don't think we will have the tallent to go to the superbowl but I think we can be much better next season.

Shanny has always been a coach that wants to control the game on the ground, and that will not change as long as he's around. Even when the running game is not working he will keep running the ball as if to say "Were the broncos and we WILL HAVE SUCCESS running the ball up the middle".

That mindset has to go, along with a bunch of players. There is no excitement on the field with the exception of a few players. It's almost like 80% of the team just wants to go out and play a so so game and collect the paychecks.

We made a big boo boo getting rid of our defensive team leader last season and I think our coaching staff knows it.

Take a look at Ray Lewis in baltimore....as much as I cant stand him, he has passion and that killer instinct in his eyes when he's on the field. He's a leader and he gets the players fired up. And when someone does something wrong or stupid he is in their face yelling and letting them know that they need to step it up. We don't have that on our team anymore.

Jay cutler is showing a passion and leadership on offense but everyone else is like.....oh well were not going to the superbowl anyway. Maybe I'm wrong......Maybe I'm just not seeing it. This is not the Broncos that everyone is used to seeing. I hope things change next season."

Whew.

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied

LOL

Winning will cure thier attitudes.

Leave a comment:

• Mat'hir Uth Gan
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X