No announcement yet.

The Truth: Broncos Future; Key Players; Offseason Needs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still Think Henry is not the Answer and I'll stick by that.

Either this year we get an RB or next year we get one and tie Mike Bell and Henry to a trade deal for an really good RB in the draft.

Remember what people said about the Draft when we got cutler. How it lit up a firestorm during the 06 season on the reason why we drafted a QB when we had the incumbent Jake Plummer. Yet 06 showed that Jake already on his last legs and was rapidly declining and we needed to fix that.

The same thing will happen this year we'll pull a fast one on everyone and Pick up a RB who was talked about.

Trust me, we'll fix the D-line but we'll make a huge power play for a RB.
    McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

talking about defense, how are them Buccaneers doing with Coyer?

Comment

Originally posted by knigsupra View Post
        2nd in Points allowed
        3rd in yds allowed
        4th in pass yds allowed
        15th in rush yds allowed

and it gets better:

they didn't rank in the top 5 of any of those categories last year

Comment

If we have a need at LB, we might be able to snag Vilma from the Jets, if he's healthy. He doesn't fit well in the 3-4, but IMO he would be a beast in this D.

Comment

I like Foxy but i think Paymah is the better corner IMO
            sigpic

Comment

The Broncos most definitely should restructure Champ Bailey's contract, in doing so they could make him happy and convert some of his 08 salary into bonus and give the team more cap room next year.

You gaurantee part of his salary, get some extra cap space, the rest of the team sees you reward your best/most respected player and you go a long way toward building chemistry for 08.

Potential FA's see you make a commitment to your best player, and fans have hope that the team has a direction.

The back end of any contract would be full of funny money anyway, so you restructure and extend his contract, he's only 29 years old...and I have ZERO doubt in my mind he'd be the FS of the future when his contract would be winding down.

Bailey is the best player on the team, and we have people talking about getting rid of him....and for what? It's beyond stupid when you consider the options you have with his contract!

Considering the lack of leadership in this defense, getting rid of Wilson and Bailey in back-to-back years would be monumentally stupid.

This is not a video game......

One last thing, these DT's can't play the run PERIOD, what makes you think they'll be worth a crap in another DC's system?

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                The Broncos most definitely should restructure Champ Bailey's contract, in doing so they could make him happy and convert some of his 08 salary into bonus and give the team more cap room next year.

You gaurantee part of his salary, get some extra cap space, the rest of the team sees you reward your best/most respected player and you go a long way toward building chemistry for 08.

Potential FA's see you make a commitment to your best player, and fans have hope that the team has a direction.

The back end of any contract would be full of funny money anyway, so you restructure and extend his contract, he's only 29 years old...and I have ZERO doubt in my mind he'd be the FS of the future when his contract would be winding down.

Bailey is the best player on the team, and we have people talking about getting rid of him....and for what? It's beyond stupid when you consider the options you have with his contract!

Considering the lack of leadership in this defense, getting rid of Wilson and Bailey in back-to-back years would be monumentally stupid.

This is not a video game......

One last thing, these DT's can't play the run PERIOD, what makes you think they'll be worth a crap in another DC's system?
                we have about 16.5 cap room for 2008. A lot better than 2007. With that said i dont think that we restructure champs deal until mid to three quarters thru next season. But that wasnt the point of my thread. That was like 5% of it. Basically I think that BATES SUCKS and he needs to exit.

Comment

Originally posted by Krazy Horse View Post
                  we have about 16.5 cap room for 2008. A lot better than 2007. With that said i dont think that we restructure champs deal until mid to three quarters thru next season. But that wasnt the point of my thread. That was like 5% of it. Basically I think that BATES SUCKS and he needs to exit.
                  Well if you want to discuss Bates only, why take the time to write anything else?......

Comment

Well if you want to discuss Bates only, why take the time to write anything else?......
                    come on now...my main topic was bates if you took the time out to read it

I obviously didnt want to discuss bates only but if you can read what i wrote then you should be able to infer that my main problem is with bates, and that he sucks. i obviously will touch on other important topics as well...is this bolt man or something in disguise????

Comment

come on now...my main topic was bates if you took the time out to read it

I obviously didnt want to discuss bates only but if you can read what i wrote then you should be able to infer that my main problem is with bates, and that he sucks. i obviously will touch on other important topics as well...is this bolt man or something in disguise????

Yeah!

You post about Bailey's contract situation....I respond to it....You say you don't want to talk about that....But I'm the BOLT-MAN?

Btw, Bates didn't just crawl out of the Stupid Side of the Bed one day, he needs players and the Broncos need some continuity and to build momentum....Bates is not the problem and he deserves another season.

But you probably no longer want to talk about that either......

Comment

Originally posted by knigsupra View Post
                        Coyer coaches the dline on a defense that has been great for 10+ years.

That's like saying, "talking about offense, how are them Colts doing with Metzelaars".

Comment

Basically I think that BATES SUCKS and he needs to exit.
                          You must be a new fan of Denver and the NFL in general.

Denver's defense has alway sucked, and Bates has turned every defense around that he's been at, except Denver.

I think that Denver's defense sucks whoever the coach is and just needs to exit.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                            You must be a new fan of Denver and the NFL in general.

Denver's defense has alway sucked, and Bates has turned every defense around that he's been at, except Denver.

I think that Denver's defense sucks whoever the coach is and just needs to exit.
                            I think you are the one that is a new fan...we had a pretty good defense last year. Ranked 1 through 6 games.

Comment

Yeah!

You post about Bailey's contract situation....I respond to it....You say you don't want to talk about that....But I'm the BOLT-MAN?

Btw, Bates didn't just crawl out of the Stupid Side of the Bed one day, he needs players and the Broncos need some continuity and to build momentum....Bates is not the problem and he deserves another season.

But you probably no longer want to talk about that either......
                              Never said that i didnt want to talk about bailey. you are the guy thats saying we need more cap space next year i dont think thats the case. my point was that we dont have to do **** for Bailey as of now. He signed the contract and we are in the driver seat. If you read my post I also said as far as his situation was concerned i was not worried, with whatever happens. I only posted about him (if you read the first sentence) cause there are fans on here that are *****en about his situation and worried. Just look at all the CP's i got from the post and shut it down buddy

we have a lot of cap space for 2008 buddy, much more than we had for 2007 But no you dont think 16.5 is enough. And you dont think 9 mil is enough for champ to make next year. perhaps you should do your broncos homework before posting next time. you were probably the guy who was saying during the drama that trading portis was a big mistake.

Comment

btw...look when you wrote this quote

you responded to something that I stated about Bailey and Bates...then you say that if i want to talk about bates only.......WHAT????? I was talking about cap room that had everything to do with Bailye

Comment

Working...
                                X