Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kratos_godofwar
    replied
    Those predictions were pretty much what everyone has been saying for quite some time. Don't feel too happy because we have always need a PR/KR, we've been needing younger safties. Most were already calling for Bates head around week 6. Javon being gone was like prediciting if the water would boil in a kettle over an open flame. Broncos gave Henry a chance and it wasn't because of weed that he was gone. It was because he couldn't stay healthy and was already in Shanny's dog house. The weed came weeks later after the Broncos released him.

Leave a comment:

• Mat'hir Uth Gan
    replied
    Nice job on accurately forecasting some much needed changes.

I disagree with the firing of Bates, largely because he was immensely successful everywhere else he has coached defense, but Shanahan decided he'd rather bring in a coach to fit his players then rehaul the entire defense to fit the coach. I understand that philosophy, I just disagree with it.

I also hope we acquire more safeties during training camp. Absolutely NONE of our current Safeties are worth a crap in coverage. McCree, whom is roughly average, is about as good as it gets. And he's iffy in run support. Somewhere, somehow, we need to discover a complete safety. I suppose playing Foxworth out of position again is the best we can hope for. He's probably counting down the days until he can escape Denver and start at CB again.

Leave a comment:

• Krazy Horse
    replied
    Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
    i think you should take yourself down a notch and slow your role. those that brag about being right often end up looking foolish at a later point in time...perhaps it would be wise to eat some humble pie, because prediticting something correctly on an internet forum is really not anything special to brag about......
    there you are! and of course you would say something like this. believe me, when you come up on my thread, call me ignorant, a newbie, and give my analysis 0 respect, your damn right Im gonna come back on here and say something about it. my recommendation to you regarding this thread is silence. dont try and tell me what is wise for me to do as you have proven to provide my thread with nothing but nonsense. just get it straight man. just because you have been around longer, doesnt make you right and doesnt mean that you can try to dictate to newer people what is wise for them to do or not do. read the prior posts. you were trying to tell me since you have been around longer than me that its not wise for me to state my opinion if it contrasted yours. ha. this should be a lesson learned for you. perhaps it would be wise if you just went in a corner and stayed there.

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied
    I, for one, never said Bates wasn't leaving, I said he should get another chance and he should have.

Bates was stuck with junk on the DL, and just like the DC before him, he paid the price with his job.

Be careful what you wish for Nostradamus, Bates is gone but Slowik takes his place......now, if you could've predicted his hiring back in December you may be getting that pat on the back that you're clearly in desperate need of.

Btw, no, I did not have a problem with trading Poorti$ for Bailey, and if you knew me half as well as you seem to think you do, you'd know that.

Having said all that, you couldn't be worse at GM than Shanahan has been, though that's not saying much is it?

But predicting what Shanahan would do isn't exactly GM resume material......
    Last edited by stnzed; 07-19-2008, 12:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rainmaker
    replied
    When you give yourself props, you immediately make ppl want to shoot you down for arrogance.

The truth is, the Eddie Royal need and fulfillment was a great insight of what we needed and what Denver did. But then when you say "hay look at me" ppl go "yeah so what".

If I had made so accurate an assessment I would want to call attention to it too, thats just human nature. But the question is how to do it without drawing negative criticism.

You might have just continued the analysis where you left off on each item saying things like "Now that Denver has drafted Eddie Royal to fill that returner slash wideout I really felt we needed, look to Denver to get Royal on the field returning punts at first and slowing working into the mix as the slot receiver of the future" Now it opens the thread for other posters to say "hey nice call" or "you sure saw that coming, you should be the GM" When you say it yourself ppl can't agree. When someone else says you rock, everyone can jump on that train.

Leave a comment:

• elevation INC
    replied
    Originally posted by Krazy Horse View Post
    Not too far off. Who was that dude on this thread who said Bates wasnt leaving.?
    1. Bates gone
    2. Drafted Eddie Royal
    3. Signed 2 safety, no need to draft one
    4. Henry still would be with the team but....he was hitten the tweeds
    5. Javon gone (sucks)

I think I should be the GM

i think you should take yourself down a notch and slow your role. those that brag about being right often end up looking foolish at a later point in time...perhaps it would be wise to eat some humble pie, because prediticting something correctly on an internet forum is really not anything special to brag about......

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    Not too far off. Who was that dude on this thread who said Bates wasnt leaving.?
    1. Bates gone
    2. Drafted Eddie Royal
    5. Javon gone (sucks)

Just cause you were right about some of the GM decisions, isnt necessarily good....we were pretty bad last year, lol.

Leave a comment:

• TheJackal
    replied
    1. Bates gone
    2. Drafted Eddie Royal
    5. Javon gone (sucks)

Henry would have been gone either way. He's too injury-prone. Same with Javon.

You said Lynch and Ferguson would be gone. I can understand Ferguson, but not getting rid of a Pro Bowler in Lynch.

Leave a comment:

• Krazy Horse
    replied
    Not too far off with this prediction (bump)

BRONCOS FUTURE
    Ok Ok. It seems to me like a lot of people are venting right now and concerned about our future and just losing their minds. Get a grip people. What I will say to them is first, wait until the season is over, and second, think positive. So what it appears that we are not going to make the playoffs and we had a terrible season. There are a lot of young guys on this team that an organization can build around (I dont need to name names). Perception is reality and on paper our team is not bad at all and 100% real contenders. Its about making it click and putting it together. Bottom line, the Broncos will be just fine if they build around the young guys they have and make some coaching changes.

JAVON WALKER'S FUTURE
    Personally I love Javon and he has been through a hell of a lot with the Broncos. The word is out he is supposed to have microfracture surgery. As a Bronco this guy is done if he does not agree to take a pay cut (which he has already refused to do). Can someone please name one player (KII injury was different) who had an ACL repair, 2 scopes, and microfracture surgery and came back to have a decent career. This injury is a chronic problem because of the trama. The leg is degenerate

CHAMP BAILEY
    I hear people stirring up the Champ Bailey smack talk. Remember folks, this guy is under contract right now. Next year will be his 5th of 6 years in the contract. Yes he does want to restructure the deal, but the Broncos don’t have to do jack. Seriously is he going to hold out next year cause he is making what like 9 mil? Be real. He will be around and look for them to get a deal done about ¾ way down the season next year if they decide to do so. On the flipside, if he wants to cry we will trade him and get immense value. We will trade him before give him Nate Clements $. I am not worried here.

DRE BLY/FOXWORTH/KARL
    I don’t know about Bly. I can see him and Fox battling next year for a spot or I can see us trying to dump Bly. What I do know is that Foxworth will have a deal in place with the Broncos, he will be a long time Bronco. Foxworth is a Shanny type of guy. He is a class citizen and does great in community work. Whether it should or should not be a factor, it will play a part on him signing a deal. This organization LOVES guys like this, SQUEAKY CLEAN. Besides, Fox stepped up well when Champ was injured for the Pit game and he also did a good job throughout the season playing utility. We will get Fox for a great price and his deal will have some big incentives in it. I think Karl is a wildcard here.

RUNNING BACK SITUATION
    Henry has not met any expectations, but there was some drama and he was injured. Selvin stock flew sky high. With this being said Denver is always great at breeding running backs and getting great value for them. Look for Henry to stay for the long haul and the Broncos to get some trade value out of Selvin sometime in the future. When Henry was healthy he was leading the league in rushing through the first 4 games. Denver will give him a chance next year to be great if healthy and he stays off them tweeds.

WHAT THE BRONCOS NEED
    I see people saying we need a DT. Although I do agree, I think we need to get rid of Bates first. He has been the root of the defensive problems. Get a new defensive coach who knows different schemes and can bring in some guys up front that could pressure the QB better. You saw Bates come in and shake things up real quick. We need someone to do that again, but actually know what they are doing. I am against taking a DT early in the draft. Take a safety early! JOHN LYNCH/NICK FERGUSON wont be back. And if they do come back they will be ineffective. Hamza will be key next year for the Broncos. We need to draft a good, big hard hitting safety 1st round that will give us a big boost and help with the run sometimes. Also assuming Javon and Rod will be gone I say grab a quick WR who can run back punts for us. Were we last in average punt return yards this season? Last in the league when it counted and that’s for sure. We need a game breaker to return the punts and be a wideout as well. Someone who could grow with Cuter (like Marshall and Sheffler). If they don’t go this route then sign a FA WR. I don’t like how Glen Martinez tip toes into those holes. Our d-line is basically our entire draft last year so look for Shanny to give them opportunities or its just another draft wasted. But Ill say this, at the end of the day with some good off season moves….we will be in the playoffs next year for sure!!!!

KraZy Horse out

1. Bates gone
    2. Drafted Eddie Royal
    5. Javon gone (sucks)

Leave a comment:

• elevation INC
    replied
    Oh geez! Now that I actually read the rest of ur garbage reply I have more to say. U r way off on henry. It did mean something when he was first in the league in rushing thru 4 games. That's when he was healthy. If you can't play u can't produce. Even my 6 year old neighbor knows that. Maybe I should just think like u...the pats are just getting lucky with these wins

Henry can run if he is healthy!

Or maybe from ur perspective old timer...broncos have the best run d in the league....the other teams were just getting lucky smashing it down our throats. Why don't u put up a thread about bates being the best coach in the league now cause the other teams were just lucky.

your ignorance is showing it true colors i speak of none of the crazy stuff you said through out your reply above. i simply stated that 6 games of great d doesnt mean crap if u have ten bad games, and 6 games of good rushing doesnt mean crap if the rest of your games you cant rush, wether u are injured or not it becomes moot. it means there is no consistency and thats what wins ball games my friend. 6 games of good d or good rushing doesnt get you to the promise land when its a sixteen game plus season. i was just stating your reply about 6 games of good d was meaningless, there was no reason for a personal attack,
    Last edited by elevation INC; 12-16-2007, 11:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• silkamilkamonic
    replied
    Originally posted by knigsupra View Post
    what's the part about his assistant head coach title?
    It doesn't really exist, kind of like Coyer's impact in 'improving' the TB defense.

Leave a comment:

• silkamilkamonic
    replied
    I think you are the one that is a new fan...we had a pretty good defense last year. Ranked 1 through 6 games.
    Why, because they were good through the first 6 games?

After the first 6 games, the colors started falling off, and Denver lost games because the "good" defense couldn't hold on at the end. Towards the end of the year, the defense just sucked.

No, our defense was not good last year.

Leave a comment:

• Krazy Horse
    replied
    6 games dont make an nfl season buddy.....sixteen do and we were garbage our last ten games on d, we got lucky the first six, plain and simple it was new and teams werent sure what to do but once they figured it out we refused to change and paid the price. ranked 1st through six games is like comparing henry as the best rusher in the nfl through six games it doesnt mean crap in the long run.......then look what happened. i give u props for taking some time to analyze but attacking people that have been on this forum far more than you is not the wisest idea!
    Oh geez! Now that I actually read the rest of ur garbage reply I have more to say. U r way off on henry. It did mean something when he was first in the league in rushing thru 4 games. That's when he was healthy. If you can't play u can't produce. Even my 6 year old neighbor knows that. Maybe I should just think like u...the pats are just getting lucky with these wins

Henry can run if he is healthy!

Or maybe from ur perspective old timer...broncos have the best run d in the league....the other teams were just getting lucky smashing it down our throats. Why don't u put up a thread about bates being the best coach in the league now cause the other teams were just lucky.

Leave a comment:

• DancingHorsey
    replied
    6 games dont make an nfl season buddy.....sixteen do and we were garbage our last ten games on d, we got lucky the first six, plain and simple it was new and teams werent sure what to do but once they figured it out we refused to change and paid the price. ranked 1st through six games is like comparing henry as the best rusher in the nfl through six games it doesnt mean crap in the long run.......then look what happened. i give u props for taking some time to analyze but attacking people that have been on this forum far more than you is not the wisest idea!
    Yes our defense declined last year as the season went on, but it was never as bad as it's been this year. Honestly, Bates hasn't done a good job with what he was given. Sure this defense doesn't have elite talent, but it shouldn't be the bottom feeder it is right now. As much as I hated Coyer, Bates has proven to be far worse.

Leave a comment:

• Krazy Horse
    replied
    I'm not attacking anybody old timer. Just cauze someone has been around longer doesnt make them right. I'm stating facts and backing them with facts. Luck doesn't happen for 6 games. But who really cares...people in this thread are getting side tracked. You dont have to reax my threAd ya know. It seems that people have a problem with my view on bates. I stand by what i said. I think bates is awful. I think he has done a horrible job. He shook things up in a bad way. One thing was for sure. Last year we could atop the run a hell of a lot better. I can't remember a time when we looked this bad on d.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X