Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sauerbrun cut/bring back Ernster (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sauerbrun cut/bring back Ernster (Merged)

Broncos cut Sauerbrun
    By Bill Williamson The Denver Post
    Article Last Updated: 12/18/2007 11:16:22 AM MST

Todd Sauerbrun (Post file)

The Broncos have cut punter Todd Sauerbrun.

The team is expected to announce it later today.

Sauerbrun was recently cited for simple assault after an incident involving a cab driver in Denver earlier this month.

He has been the Broncos' punter all season. He was Denver's punter in 2005 but was cut last year after he served a four-game NFL suspension for using a supplement.
    :2cents:

Wow. That was quicker than I expected...
    sigpic

Comment

Awesome.

Then in the offseason, they can go back out and try to re-sign Saurbraun.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
        Awesome.

Then in the offseason, they can go back out and try to re-sign Saurbraun.
        LOL!

And maybe take another look at Gerard Warren and Simeon Rice!
        sigpic

Comment

whoever gets the job has to be able to kick the ball into the endzone or close to it. I'm sick and tired of watching the ball fall down at the 10 and giving the returner a head start on every kick

Comment

They should have done this before the Chicago game.......then monday would have ment something.......what an ass get out of denver you bum!

Comment

This can be bad for Elam. He was Elam's holder!

----------------------------------------------
              I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                LOL!

And maybe take another look at Gerard Warren and Simeon Rice!
                Bring back Dale Carter!
                Thanks, Reid!
                sigpic
                Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

So long!! :wave::wave::wave:

Comment

That is pretty crazy.

Sauerbrun has a leg, but he has too many off-the-field issues to deal with. Of all the people with off-field issues, punters should be the last people who should have problems. You might expect this from a wide-out but not a punter.

He had become a headache for Shanahan and you can only give a guy so many chances.
                    Last edited by Breakaway23; 12-18-2007, 10:50 AM.
                    sigpic

In this picture, Rivers explains why he thinks he is so good.

Is that Y=LT?

Comment

In fairness I thought bringing back Sauerbrun was the right move in the offseason, but he's not playing anywhere at the level he did in '05.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Breakaway23 View Post
                        That is pretty crazy.

Sauerbrun has a leg, but he has too many off-the-field issues to deal with.

He had become a headache for Shanahan and you can only give a guy so many chances.
                        Especially a punter...
                        sigpic

Comment

uhhh wheres the link... i haven't seen any news supporting this and that would be pretty stupid to do something like that when we are two weeks away from the offseason. Plus he would have cut him after the chicago game if he wanted to. IMO i think sauerbrun is a good punter but cannot do kickoffs which in fact punters are not supposed to do anyways.

But i wont believe it until i see a link or something

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                            Bring back Dale Carter!
                            I think we should go after Eddie Kennison! Or maybe Daryl Gardener!
                            sigpic

In this picture, Rivers explains why he thinks he is so good.

Is that Y=LT?

Comment

Originally posted by ChampPick6 View Post
                              uhhh wheres the link... i haven't seen any news supporting this and that would be pretty stupid to do something like that when we are two weeks away from the offseason. Plus he would have cut him after the chicago game if he wanted to. IMO i think sauerbrun is a good punter but cannot do kickoffs which in fact punters are not supposed to do anyways.

But i wont believe it until i see a link or something
                              http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/Todd.S....2.613544.html

----------------------------------------------
                              I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

Working...
                              X