Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else thinks this is unfair?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Too bad there isn't a "Fan" union..I bet if no tickets were sold for a couple of games the owners of these "billion" dollar teams would get the message fast!

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by kratos_godofwar View Post
      I have to disagree with you about doing your job and giving high-fives. I see this all the time. When people do a good job, they get high-fives from fellow co-workers. If you want the players to play like that, then go build some androids.

      It's a kids sport being played by growen men, they should be allowed to celebrate as long as it's not excessive or showboating. Most TO and CJ celebrations are showboating and are doing it to make themselves be seen.

      What Marshall did was pretty much natural re-action. There's snow, why not toss it around. It's not a prop when it naturally fell out of the sky. What next, fine the the team because the rain got on the field and made for slippery conditions. Or fining the punter because he punt the ball and the sun got in the returners eyes.
      I see people at work give each other high fives too and that's fine. But I don't see co-workers jumping up and down with arms and legs flailing about and dumping popcorn on themselves or any other stupid act of celebration. If they did I would suggest they see a doctor to get the necessary medication to help their out of control emotions.

      What Marshall did was over the top in my opinion. I believe if he had only threw the snow up once or twice he probably would not have been fined or penalized. But the amount of times he did was excessive and not necessary.
      Pro football players are still adults, not children and need to keep their emotions in check at an acceptable level during the game regardless of the moment.

      Finally, the last two sentences of your post are ridiculous and absurd. I can't believe you would give such foolish examples.
      Utah Bronco Freak

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post
        I see people at work give each other high fives too and that's fine. But I don't see co-workers jumping up and down with arms and legs flailing about and dumping popcorn on themselves or any other stupid act of celebration. If they did I would suggest they see a doctor to get the necessary medication to help their out of control emotions.

        What Marshall did was over the top in my opinion. I believe if he had only threw the snow up once or twice he probably would not have been fined or penalized. But the amount of times he did was excessive and not necessary.
        Pro football players are still adults, not children and need to keep their emotions in check at an acceptable level during the game regardless of the moment.

        Finally, the last two sentences of your post are ridiculous and absurd. I can't believe you would give such foolish examples.
        Easy, Mr. Laughs.

        Remember this. They are in a stadium Full of nearly 80,000 "adulte" FANS .. screaming in JOY because that "adult" caught a ball across the chalk line sprayed down on grass. Not to mention the HUNDREDS of thousands of 'adults' SCREAMING for joy at home as they watch TV. I don't know why you would assume that a 24 year old kid, that just accomplished what everyone ELSE is screaming about, over-reacted. Not to mention, he is a PAID ENTERTAINER. Thats what athletes are. I don't see why these guys have to "keep their emotions in check." I suppose they should cheer at all? Smile? Laugh at any time during the game? I'm sorry. I just find it hard to believe that anyone would feel that these "adults" are doing something wrong by showing joy and celebrating with the fans that are PAYING their money to go watch. Isn't that their job, to entertain??? Of course it is.

        I don't see a SINGLE thing he did wrong during that game. Those fans that he was flipping snow to/with... help pay his salary. They cheer HIM on. I also completely disagree with you on that the 'number of times' he flipped the snow had anything to do with the penalty or fine.

        The NFL is completely ridiculous for fining players for waving flags from a fan's hand, or flipping snow from the ground into the stands after a TD. Thats what people go to the games for, to watch their team and ENJOY the game.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post
          I see people at work give each other high fives too and that's fine. But I don't see co-workers jumping up and down with arms and legs flailing about and dumping popcorn on themselves or any other stupid act of celebration. If they did I would suggest they see a doctor to get the necessary medication to help their out of control emotions.

          What Marshall did was over the top in my opinion. I believe if he had only threw the snow up once or twice he probably would not have been fined or penalized. But the amount of times he did was excessive and not necessary.
          Pro football players are still adults, not children and need to keep their emotions in check at an acceptable level during the game regardless of the moment.

          Finally, the last two sentences of your post are ridiculous and absurd. I can't believe you would give such foolish examples.


          I believe that some NFL players do go over the top with thier celebrations but I also believe they are there to entertain us as well.
          It's all about character, some players have it more then others and they tend to show it more. There have been celebrations back in 70's and 80's and it didn't hurt the game.
          I don't have a problem with over the top celebrating cause I'm not into censoring people's freedom of expression as long as it doesn't cause a fight on the field with theother team.
          TO is the exception of this rule when after a TD he stood on the star in dallas as a niner and doing ray lewis' dance after a touchdown , he was trying to antagonize the other team which is different then the hokey stuff that's done today.
          as for not doing the celebrations at our job, well when we have 60,000 thousand people watch us do our job and we do our exceptionally well I would hop around too. If your enetertaining people then some of those celebrations go with it.
          Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

          Comment


          • #20
            I think Marshall's penalty and fine were a bit much......

            ...but I agree with jazzbodog, I've seen just about enough of these idiots jumping around like Peter freakin Pan. These guy's act like they absolutely MUST put on a show, well imo, FOOTBALL IS THE SHOW!

            I'm all for the normal celebrations like the Lambeau Leap, or real celebrations from the excitement.

            But it's when guy's are doing a Broadway dance they choreographed in front of a mirror at home while his teammates stand there with their thumb up their ass because the guy is too busy making the show about him....that's when enough is enough.

            Here is a novel idea: Celebrate with your teammates, THEN whore for attention......

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by stnzed View Post
              ...but I agree with jazzbodog, I've seen just about enough of these idiots jumping around like Peter freakin Pan. These guy's act like they absolutely MUST put on a show, well imo, FOOTBALL IS THE SHOW!

              I'm all for the normal celebrations like the Lambeau Leap, or real celebrations from the excitement.

              But it's when guy's are doing a Broadway dance they choreographed in front of a mirror at home while his teammates stand there with their thumb up their ass because the guy is too busy making the show about him....that's when enough is enough.

              Here is a novel idea: Celebrate with your teammates, THEN whore for attention......
              but isn't that a judgement call? what you call whoring for attention some might like it for the entatainment value. everbody is different. if you don't want him to celebrate with all the shanagans then stop them from scoring.
              I have seen chad johnson gets floored coming over the middle. that's one of the ways of stopping the celebrating.(legal hit mind you) It's all judgemental. there's ways of stopping that instead of having the league being looked as a bunch of senior citizens with no sense of humor.
              Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                ...but I agree with jazzbodog, I've seen just about enough of these idiots jumping around like Peter freakin Pan. These guy's act like they absolutely MUST put on a show, well imo, FOOTBALL IS THE SHOW!

                I'm all for the normal celebrations like the Lambeau Leap, or real celebrations from the excitement.
                Hold on. How did the "Lambeau Leap" become the "normal" celebrations? Thats not too much? How so? How is that any less "choreographed' than any of the other celebrations?

                I mean, I like the "Lambeau Leap".. but the last thign I would call it is a "normal celebration".. and one that should be looked upon as something 'less tame' than anything else.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by bklynbronco View Post
                  I believe that some NFL players do go over the top with thier celebrations but I also believe they are there to entertain us as well.
                  It's all about character, some players have it more then others and they tend to show it more. There have been celebrations back in 70's and 80's and it didn't hurt the game.
                  I don't have a problem with over the top celebrating cause I'm not into censoring people's freedom of expression as long as it doesn't cause a fight on the field with theother team.
                  TO is the exception of this rule when after a TD he stood on the star in dallas as a niner and doing ray lewis' dance after a touchdown , he was trying to antagonize the other team which is different then the hokey stuff that's done today.
                  as for not doing the celebrations at our job, well when we have 60,000 thousand people watch us do our job and we do our exceptionally well I would hop around too. If your enetertaining people then some of those celebrations go with it.
                  To save time and space, my response to your post is for Ravage too.

                  The amount of people at a game or watching at home is not a reason for a player to act like an idiot. Clowns belong at the circus, not on an NFL playing field. True and exciting entertainment is watching the NFL players make great plays that help the team win. Isn't that why the game is played in the first place?

                  I have a question. If you're old enough to remember watching Barry Sanders of the Lions back in the 1990's, was it not entertaining enough for you to watch him run for a 30 yard gain or touchdown but he actually ran 60 yards altogether because the other 30 yards was from running sideline to sideline not just due North. Then, after the play was over, he would hand the ball to the ref and trot back to the huddle or sideline. No clowning around from Barry. My question is this. Was Barry's amazing 30 yard run not entertaining enough for any fan? Did Barry need to perform some crazy extravaganza on the field to validate his accomplishment in order for you the fan to feel 100% entertained and anything less would be not getting your moneys worth or worth watching on TV? Sorry folks but there is something terribly wrong with this picture. Watching Barry Sanders run was plenty entertaining for me. Additional bells and whistles were not needed.

                  Look, I'm not saying pro players should't have fun or should hold all of their emotions inside during a game. Don't take what I am saying out of context. I don't expect players to act like robots or lifeless zombies. However, I do expect them to entertain me by making great plays and to be professional when joyfully celebrating their entertaining achievements.
                  Utah Bronco Freak

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post
                    To save time and space, my response to your post is for Ravage too.

                    The amount of people at a game or watching at home is not a reason for a player to act like an idiot. Clowns belong at the circus, not on an NFL playing field. True and exciting entertainment is watching the NFL players make great plays that help the team win. Isn't that why the game is played in the first place?

                    I have a question. If you're old enough to remember watching Barry Sanders of the Lions back in the 1990's, was it not entertaining enough for you to watch him run for a 30 yard gain or touchdown but he actually ran 60 yards altogether because the other 30 yards was from running sideline to sideline not just due North. Then, after the play was over, he would hand the ball to the ref and trot back to the huddle or sideline. No clowning around from Barry. My question is this. Was Barry's amazing 30 yard run not entertaining enough for any fan? Did Barry need to perform some crazy extravaganza on the field to validate his accomplishment in order for you the fan to feel 100% entertained and anything less would be not getting your moneys worth or worth watching on TV? Sorry folks but there is something terribly wrong with this picture. Watching Barry Sanders run was plenty entertaining for me. Additional bells and whistles were not needed.

                    Look, I'm not saying pro players should't have fun or should hold all of their emotions inside during a game. Don't take what I am saying out of context. I don't expect players to act like robots or lifeless zombies. However, I do expect them to entertain me by making great plays and to be professional when joyfully celebrating their entertaining achievements.
                    But that's your opinion, and your entitled to it. But what you call silly others call fun. everybody has different taste and because you don't like it doesn't mean that others won't. and yes barry sanders did not celebrate and he was electrifying and i remember deion sanders also was electrifing but was a big hot dog. some people like it and some people didn't. it's all on taste.

                    Do you remember Billy whiteshoes johnson? hell of a return man and I wanted to see him bring one back so i could see his dance. that was in 80's. It's been around for decades why chastize it now?
                    Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post
                      Those who call the NFL the "No Fun League" are full of you know what. Why does any NFL player including any Bronco have to leap around or do some crazy antics after they make a good play or score a touchdown? I'll tell you why they do it. Because they know they are on TV. In my opinion it's stupid, inmature, childish and not impressive. I'm sick of it and I'm glad they get fined. I wish the fine was 100 more times than it is. Making good plays and scoring touchdowns is what they get paid to do.

                      When people like you and I do something at our jobs that is good or helps the company succeed we don't start leaping around the office giving high fives to everyone in the department or other nonsense like players do. It's absurd. Why should it be any different on the playing field? I don't get it and never will.

                      I miss the old NFL when players were humble and troted back to the huddle or sideline after doing the job they get paid to do. Big ego's suck...PERIOD.


                      And the Lambeau Leap was consider showboating in the 60-70's and is still being done til this day. Then again thats a Tradition of the Packers. Hell if NFL starts fining the Packers you know how much hate mail the NFL front office will get as the masses of Cheese Heads will respond.

                      Well what can i expect from someone who's a Kill Joy.

                      Whenever there is a sport there are those who love their job and like to celebrate it. Sure when the no-showboating rule was applied it was to quell the "one up over you" mentality.

                      in response to the Barry Sanders, I actually didnt like watching the Lions games. Epically with Sanders, I considered him a wet blanket who only ran because he was getting paid to do so, there was no punch to the end it was like watching a TV show and it cuts to a commercial. Yet i watched them when they played the Broncos. Hell the Steelers games were fun to watch the Bus mow over people and his celebration with his team mates was cool.

                      The Packers and Broncos i loved watching them because they WERE ENTERTAINING. Cowboys had to many premadonnas except for Smith and Ankman.
                      Last edited by BroncoKazuki; 12-20-2007, 04:16 AM.
                      McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

                      Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Those who call the NFL the "No Fun League" are full of you know what. Why does any NFL player including any Bronco have to leap around or do some crazy antics after they make a good play or score a touchdown? I'll tell you why they do it. Because they know they are on TV. In my opinion it's stupid, inmature, childish and not impressive. I'm sick of it and I'm glad they get fined. I wish the fine was 100 more times than it is. Making good plays and scoring touchdowns is what they get paid to do.

                        When people like you and I do something at our jobs that is good or helps the company succeed we don't start leaping around the office giving high fives to everyone in the department or other nonsense like players do. It's absurd. Why should it be any different on the playing field? I don't get it and never will.

                        I miss the old NFL when players were humble and troted back to the huddle or sideline after doing the job they get paid to do. Big ego's suck...PERIOD.

                        I guess your not a sports savy person then...never played ball with the boys and celebrated a good shot? I bet you did...now imagine scoring in a game of the nations best players...tell me you wont celebrate scoring.

                        What old NFL players are you talking about? It must be in the single digits of the type your talking about...as thereare those today who dont feel a need to celebrate...but celebrating has ALWAYS been in the NFL...that is if you have ever watched old games..and no just assume how they acted to try and make yourself look older than you are.

                        I got 5 kids...all under the age of 8...even they celebrate or get excited when they do something cool...its not ego...its just personality.

                        the NFL is not Jeapordy......and you sir are no Alex Trabet(sp)

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by RIP#27#29 View Post
                          So, the NFL is starting to fine players with a pritty much clean record in the past. Shouldnt the NFL be keeping a closer eye on players like T.O.? Marshall got fined for "having props on the field". Ok, thats pritty much BS! For gods sake! Its was natural made snow he threw in the air! And the NFL didnt fine T.O. for dumping popcorn on himself? Wow....i am speechless. All i can say is the NFL doesnt know what its doing these days.

                          Any thoughts?
                          makes no sense to me.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            It's ok for them to have fun and to be silly while playing but they need to be mature about it and keep it in perspective with professionalism.
                            They need to be mature about it and be professional...? Because... you said so? So that other players don't feel bad? I don't understand how you can jump to this conclusion as if it were fact when you're clearly making a personal judgment.

                            In my opinion, let them do what they want, upset the other team, and get cheap shotted on the next drive.

                            And that, my friends, is what professionalism is all about. =)


                            My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

                            I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post
                              To save time and space, my response to your post is for Ravage too.

                              The amount of people at a game or watching at home is not a reason for a player to act like an idiot. Clowns belong at the circus, not on an NFL playing field. True and exciting entertainment is watching the NFL players make great plays that help the team win. Isn't that why the game is played in the first place?

                              I have a question. If you're old enough to remember watching Barry Sanders of the Lions back in the 1990's, was it not entertaining enough for you to watch him run for a 30 yard gain or touchdown but he actually ran 60 yards altogether because the other 30 yards was from running sideline to sideline not just due North. Then, after the play was over, he would hand the ball to the ref and trot back to the huddle or sideline. No clowning around from Barry. My question is this. Was Barry's amazing 30 yard run not entertaining enough for any fan? Did Barry need to perform some crazy extravaganza on the field to validate his accomplishment in order for you the fan to feel 100% entertained and anything less would be not getting your moneys worth or worth watching on TV? Sorry folks but there is something terribly wrong with this picture. Watching Barry Sanders run was plenty entertaining for me. Additional bells and whistles were not needed.

                              Look, I'm not saying pro players should't have fun or should hold all of their emotions inside during a game. Don't take what I am saying out of context. I don't expect players to act like robots or lifeless zombies. However, I do expect them to entertain me by making great plays and to be professional when joyfully celebrating their entertaining achievements.

                              OK, you do have a point. Perhaps the distinction should be made between those "celebrations" that disrupt the flow of the game, and those that do not. So BMarsh harmlessly tossed some snow up in the air. It was spur-of-the-moment. He happened to score right next to a pile of snow, hence the perfect opportunity (and an understandable reaction of glee). Things that are choreographed to waste time and draw every set of eyes in the stadium to the player (e.g. TO and Chad Johnson) are in an entirely different category, IMO. Showing restraint like Barry is admirable, yes, but when a player celebrates for less than 5 seconds in a way that is in no way disrespectful to the opposing team (or its fans), the NFL needs to just let it go.

                              To address an example pointed out before, I think the Lambeau Leap is perfectly acceptable. Ashley Lelie's "surfing" celebration from a few years back could have been questionable, I suppose. ...But how about "dunking" the ball over the crossbar after you score a TD? Or even spiking it (which, admittedly, you never see anymore these days. I guess because it's not "original" enough.)

                              But I hope you get my point...

                              sigpic
                              They're your teammates, now.
                              Best of luck, TT!
                              ...Always a class act - in any uniform.



                              sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

                              Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by BestBroncoFan View Post
                                but celebrating has ALWAYS been in the NFL

                                Right on. I'm sure players have always been happy/elated/excited/ ecstatic when they've scored, throughout history. But penalizing them for this seems to be something that's come about only as of late. Just remember, everyone (that includes you, zebras and Mr. Commissioner), it's the over-the-top, choreographed, planned-in-advance celebrations that are the ones that should draw fouls. Not ordinary, spontaneous gut-reactions.


                                sigpic
                                They're your teammates, now.
                                Best of luck, TT!
                                ...Always a class act - in any uniform.



                                sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

                                Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X