Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rooting for Division Rivals in Post Season

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by BoltNut View Post
    I might be opening up myself for getting "smacked" to death but here goes....

    Most of those who post on this board say they cannot and will not root for a division rival in post season. I'm just a little curious as to why not?

    Now before you all blister your fingertips giving me reasons like...the Bolts suck...LT's a whiner....Merriman got caught using juice...and all the rest of the smack routine, hear me out.

    More than 30 years being a Charger fan, I am used to being on the outside looking in at the playoffs. The only team I can not root for in the post season is the Raiders....hey, at least we don't need to worry about that happening in the near future, right?! Seriously, though, I remember rooting for the Broncos in post season during the Elway years. I was GLAD when he won the first superbowl. Blue and Orange confetti, the works....it was great. Seeing the Super Bowl Champ coming from our division, to me, tells the rest of the league that the AFC west is a dominant division.

    Just curious...what are your reasons for not supporting divisional teams in post season? Keep it clean and try not to slap me around too much.

    Merry Christmas to all

    Go Bolts!
    I am a Broncos Fan.

    Nothing more.

    Nothing less.
    [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
    Adopted player Lindsey

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by BoltNut View Post
      I might be opening up myself for getting "smacked" to death but here goes....

      Most of those who post on this board say they cannot and will not root for a division rival in post season. I'm just a little curious as to why not?

      Now before you all blister your fingertips giving me reasons like...the Bolts suck...LT's a whiner....Merriman got caught using juice...and all the rest of the smack routine, hear me out.

      More than 30 years being a Charger fan, I am used to being on the outside looking in at the playoffs. The only team I can not root for in the post season is the Raiders....hey, at least we don't need to worry about that happening in the near future, right?! Seriously, though, I remember rooting for the Broncos in post season during the Elway years. I was GLAD when he won the first superbowl. Blue and Orange confetti, the works....it was great. Seeing the Super Bowl Champ coming from our division, to me, tells the rest of the league that the AFC west is a dominant division.

      Just curious...what are your reasons for not supporting divisional teams in post season? Keep it clean and try not to slap me around too much.

      Merry Christmas to all

      Go Bolts!
      well in the regular season i hope all the west teams except the broncos lose every single game

      but my loyalty starts with the broncos ..then the afc west, then the afc
      if the broncos cant make it, then hopefully a west team represents,if not then a hopefull afc superbowl champ
      sigpic
      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by arapaho View Post
        well in the regular season i hope all the west teams except the broncos lose every single game

        but my loyalty starts with the broncos ..then the afc west, then the afc
        if the broncos cant make it, then hopefully a west team represents,if not then a hopefull afc superbowl champ
        My thoughts exactly. I only hope the Bolts will represent the division with some success. Despite the lousy start we had, I feel we have a better chance this time than last year. They seem to be peaking now where last year they kind of floundered toward the end of the season. Then they choked against the Pats. By the way, I heard they won again today.....too bad.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by BoltNut View Post
          My thoughts exactly. I only hope the Bolts will represent the division with some success. Despite the lousy start we had, I feel we have a better chance this time than last year. They seem to be peaking now where last year they kind of floundered toward the end of the season. Then they choked against the Pats. By the way, I heard they won again today.....too bad.

          the exception would be the pats...i cannot stand the thought of nine months of NFL network glorifacation and jock kissing of the pats, they have done it all year already...how many times has a pats blow out been a "game of the week",,really i cannot see how 45-7 blowout was so competitive that it beats out the good games for rebroadcast
          expect tommorros game to be another watch a play, talk about the pats game
          sigpic
          when do native Americans become human and not mascots

          Comment


          • #65
            I'm guesing after today's game, you have your answer

            But just to clarify. We HATE the Raiders and feel there must be character flaws in anyone who would play for them even if we wished we had drafted the guy ourselves.

            Any true Bronco fan rooted for Tampa and roots for any team playing OAK anytime.

            The Cheifs are a tough division rival usually but they normally play with class. There were a couple head hunters a few years back that almost spoiled the apple cart but they and their cheap shots left after 3 years or so.

            The Bolts, well things change. We rooted for them against the niners. But Rivers is a punka$$biotch and there is no way we could bring ourselves to root for him nor roid boy. And I'd venture to say 75% knew that deepdown before tonight. And now the rest saw it for themselves.

            Hopefully he'll wash out soon and we can resume a classy rivalry and root for your team when we're no longer in contention. But you can't dismiss the things you tried to dismiss in your opening statement. They are real and they degrade the fine history and tradition of your team.
            "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

            Comment


            • #66
              I am now officially going on the record as a person who will root for whoever is playing SD. I cannot wait to get a shot at those guys in years to come.

              LT called the Pats class less and said it began with their coach. I wonder what he thinks they were last night? It sure wasnt classy. It only makes me wish that when we were winning SB's and running the AFC west that we ran the score up on em. I know it is a different team/organization/coaches but the fan base is pretty much the same.

              We will get ours and when we do it will be soooo sweet!

              Comment

              Working...
              X