Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walker better take a pay cut or he is gone!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Walker better take a pay cut or he is gone!

    I am so sick of his crap. His excuse is that LJ was hurt this season, and he still got paid, and Dwight Freeney was hurt, but he got paid too! They didn't have to take pay cuts so why should he?

    How about he is coming off a knee injury that is on the same knee that gave him trouble earlier in his career? The same kind of injury that can prove to be problematic for the rest of his time in the NFL? What happened LJ and Freeney isn't something that they are used to. Walker has an injury that has the risk of being severe enough to end his days in the league (TD anyone?). Thats why he needs to stop complaining about it, or at least not be so public about it anyway.

    Sorry if the title is a little opinionated... hahahaha
    Go Selvin!
    Shake and Bake All Day Long!


    sigpic

  • #2
    you really need to learn to post in threads that are already made
    sigpic
    -------

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
      you really need to learn to post in threads that are already made


      Yes..


      Edit:http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=108499
      Last edited by Peerless; 12-22-2007, 06:44 PM. Reason: link

      Comment


      • #4
        i kind of agree,but if he is gone it is another spent draft pick that didn't work out.'06 second rd to green bay for javon.that's what bugs me.our defense might be better if for not alot of wasted draft picks and deadend trades.
        elway going to save the broncos again.yes!

        Comment


        • #5
          I don't recall anyone with any kind of credibility saying that his injury was a career threatening injury. He recovered from the ACL injury and the last surgery he had was to remove a cyst. He said the knee is fixed but it isn't quite 100% yet.

          The article in which he made the comments in question stated that the Broncos might not have much choice but to keep him. They would take a hefty hit to the salary cap if they release him. Given what they would have when his knee is 100%, it's smarter to keep him. He's pretty much in the driver seat. I happen to agree with him. The Broncos organization knows that injuries are a part of the game. A player shouldn't have to take a pay cut just because he was injured. How many of us would take a pay cut for a work related injury, or any injury for that matter? It's silly for fans to expect players to take pay cuts because of an injury when no fan would do the same thing at his or her job.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

          Comment


          • #6
            I understand that he may need microfracture surgery this offseason. THAT on the same knee that was injured 2 years ago. That is a surgery that could keep hobbled up and limp again. There have been several NBA players that have had microfracture sugery, and they just don't come back with the same speed and quickness they had before. Not to mention, they LOSE an entire season due to the surgery. That being said, if it is in FACT true that Walker needs microfracture surgery, its possible he would miss the '09 season as well.

            Considering he's due a 4 million dollar roster bonus come may... unless he restructures his contract, I honestly do not expect him to be a Bronco.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by broncolee View Post
              I happen to agree with him. The Broncos organization knows that injuries are a part of the game. A player shouldn't have to take a pay cut just because he was injured. How many of us would take a pay cut for a work related injury, or any injury for that matter? It's silly for fans to expect players to take pay cuts because of an injury when no fan would do the same thing at his or her job.
              Injuries are part of the game, but that doesn't mean any team or company would continue to pay you if you suffered an injury that keeps you from doing your job... ESPECIALLY top money. If you were producing 50%, of what your co-workers were doing, would you expect the company to continue to pay you the same amount of money as those that are producing twice as much?

              Not only do the Broncos know that injuries are part of the game, but so does Walker. The point isn't the fact that Walker got injured. Its the fact that its the SAME injured knee that has kept him out of the game for 2 of the 3 last years. That means he's only producing 33% for which he's getting paid for 100% of the money. Do I think its silly to expect him to take a pay cut??? Nooooooo I do not.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                I understand that he may need microfracture surgery this offseason. THAT on the same knee that was injured 2 years ago. That is a surgery that could keep hobbled up and limp again. There have been several NBA players that have had microfracture sugery, and they just don't come back with the same speed and quickness they had before. Not to mention, they LOSE an entire season due to the surgery. That being said, if it is in FACT true that Walker needs microfracture surgery, its possible he would miss the '09 season as well.

                Considering he's due a 4 million dollar roster bonus come may... unless he restructures his contract, I honestly do not expect him to be a Bronco.
                Not saying I dont believe you but can you (or anyone) please get me a credible` source for saying that he needs microfracture surgery or is it all just media speculation and rumors?

                Either way I would like for us to keep Javon. If it wasnt for him we would have had NO offense what-so-ever last year. Teaming him up with Marshall and Stokley in the slot, we could have a #1 offense next year.

                In addition to that, what do you all who say we should get rid of him, think we should do about the WR position? Draft another? (Lelie, Watts, Nash) FA? Who wants to over pay for someone he couldnt hold Javon's jockstrap?

                Give him the off-season to get healthy. If after that he can't stay healthy I say we cut our ties with him but I think after what he did for us last season he deserves a break. IMHO
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by AllEyezOnZach27 View Post
                  Not saying I dont believe you but can you (or anyone) please get me a credible` source for saying that he needs microfracture surgery or is it all just media speculation and rumors?

                  Either way I would like for us to keep Javon. If it wasnt for him we would have had NO offense what-so-ever last year. Teaming him up with Marshall and Stokley in the slot, we could have a #1 offense next year.

                  In addition to that, what do you all who say we should get rid of him, think we should do about the WR position? Draft another? (Lelie, Watts, Nash) FA? Who wants to over pay for someone he couldnt hold Javon's jockstrap?

                  Give him the off-season to get healthy. If after that he can't stay healthy I say we cut our ties with him but I think after what he did for us last season he deserves a break. IMHO
                  Thats a great question. I can't. I have to be honest and say that I have jsut been quoting people on these boards.. but those I've been quoting are those that usually have support of their statements with fact rather than just random rumor.

                  But its a valid question. Plus, I personally never keep articles. I read them and move on.

                  But I agree with you. THe offense would be HUGE with Walker in the Lineup. He's a stud when healthy. I can't agree with you more on that.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    all i got to say is check the sig.
                    So far:
                    FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                    1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                      I don't recall anyone with any kind of credibility saying that his injury was a career threatening injury. He recovered from the ACL injury and the last surgery he had was to remove a cyst. He said the knee is fixed but it isn't quite 100% yet.

                      The article in which he made the comments in question stated that the Broncos might not have much choice but to keep him. They would take a hefty hit to the salary cap if they release him. Given what they would have when his knee is 100%, it's smarter to keep him. He's pretty much in the driver seat. I happen to agree with him. The Broncos organization knows that injuries are a part of the game. A player shouldn't have to take a pay cut just because he was injured. How many of us would take a pay cut for a work related injury, or any injury for that matter? It's silly for fans to expect players to take pay cuts because of an injury when no fan would do the same thing at his or her job.
                      Are you kidding me?

                      I get paid to build houses. If I got hurt and didn't build the house I wouldn't get paid. Would I expect the building general to pay me top dollar to build the next house when I hadn't proven I could even do it? After he had already paid me to build the last one and I couldn't do it? NO

                      Like it or not that is what happened here. The Broncos paid Walker to do something that he didn't do. Then they had to pay someone else to do his job. Then Walker expects the Broncos to do it again with no guarantee he will be able to play every game next year?

                      He already got paid top dollar for nothing, who would be dumb enough to do it again?
                      _
                      Card by broncos_mtnman Sig by MasterShake America: Freedom to Fascism Watch this!
                      All you need to know about Yellow & White Bars, CPs, and Levels

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by fcspikeit View Post
                        Are you kidding me?

                        I get paid to build houses. If I got hurt and didn't build the house I wouldn't get paid. Would I expect the building general to pay me top dollar to build the next house when I hadn't proven I could even do it? After he had already paid me to build the last one and I couldn't do it? NO

                        Like it or not that is what happened here. The Broncos paid Walker to do something that he didn't do. Then they had to pay someone else to do his job. Then Walker expects the Broncos to do it again with no guarantee he will be able to play every game next year?

                        He already got paid top dollar for nothing, who would be dumb enough to do it again?
                        The difference between you and Walker is that he has a contract that says he gets paid as long as he's on the roster. He has every right to insist that the Broncos live up to that contract or release him. If they release him, they quite possibly do more harm to themselves than to him. He can sign a one year deal with someone, have a great year, and then get another huge contract. The Broncos on the other hand will definitely take a very unpleasant hit to their salary cap.

                        Contrary to what some people have been saying in this thread, there hasn't been any credible source that has reported that Walker's knee injury is career threatening. His last surgery was to remove a cyst. He said the knee is fixed but isn't 100% yet. It should be by next year, according to him, which hopefully is something the doctors told him.

                        As long as the expectation is that he will be 100% by next season, the Broncos should live up to the contract. They know the risks every time they sign a contract with any player. They should just accept the consequences of those risks instead of expecting players to take pay cuts. If they have to cut him, they can always wait until after June 1st, which will help them with salary cap, even if they wait until after the preseason is over to cut him.

                        If he's healthy next year, he will be worth money.
                        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                        You Mad Bro?
                        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          If I'm Walker, I don't take a pay cut. Shanahan should have something placed in Javon's contract about his knee injuries. If so, that would take care of that. Other than that, I wouldn't take a pay cut if I'm Walker......he didn't go out and get injured away from football.
                          Emancipate your mind!
                          The People's Poster

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            well said eman.

                            also fc., Walker has shown he can produce. LAst year he had what 1100 yards and 10 tds with jake and our poor offense getting him the ball. THis year, he started out ok, but the knee just held him back...

                            The man can produce he has shown he can, and will once again when he can run.

                            In terms of that analogy walker has built 2 mansions. Then he was trying to build two other houses and he couldnt because of bad weather (knee). Wait another day (season) and clear skies shall be on their way (healthy).


                            getting rid of him is as dumb as getting rid of henry,bly,shanny, and bates. Like all the other gm's on this board want to do.
                            So far:
                            FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                            1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              That 4 million bonus is not really that much relitively speaking, how much would it cost us in bonus to get another wr in FA that has the same talent as javon, We have somthing like 16 million in cap space right now for next year, so we are in very good shape cap wise, and it would be stupid to at least not wait until traning camp to see if he is healthy enough. because if he pans out to last years play, our offense will be looking very good, worth the 4 million gamble, (plus it aint my money, so eh) besides I think if we cut him before june 1st, he counts more against our cap than if we pay him the bonus and wait until after june 1st, a no brainer to me.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X