Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walker better take a pay cut or he is gone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    He reworked it to have his money paid to him over a longer period of time - something that eventually got the Broncos in trouble.

Javon won't be able to do that. He'll have to take a pay cut and/or an incentive based deal, IMO.
    Thats not what got the Broncos in trouble. Thats what ALLLLL players do that rework their contracts to help out a team with cap-space. NO ONE is playing santa clause, and just giving away their money.

Its very common to rework your contract, so that the money is deferred differently, or that you lengthen the length of your contract.

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
      No thanks to Berrian anyway, I believe he's represented by Drew Rosendoosh......
      Ugh.. than thats a double no no

Comment

We need to keep both Walker and Henry, They are the best players on our team at those positions. If next year Walker stays hurt, or has a career threatening knee surgery, Then and then only can we really think about getting rid of him.

The problem is, Next year it will cost us more money to get rid of him then keep him for that year, add the fact that he might be good next year. I just don't think it makes sense too cut him.

With Javon and Brandon out there, Stokley in the slot, That's a great combo that I don't think we can match if we get rid of him. Selvin or Travis in RB and a healthy Oline , perhaps improved next year will give us a great Offense when you mix in Tony and Daniel.

The problem is Defense, We have 2 great Corners maybe 3. Good LB's (in my opinion) 1 good safety and one maybe. But a Horrible Dline that's holding every thing back. We just need to fix that Dline. It will change our whole game.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
          Thats not what got the Broncos in trouble. Thats what ALLLLL players do that rework their contracts to help out a team with cap-space. NO ONE is playing santa clause, and just giving away their money.

Its very common to rework your contract, so that the money is deferred differently, or that you lengthen the length of your contract.
          Well...then what exactly did the Broncos get in trouble for then? My understanding was it was because they deferred Elways' and others' contracts?

I'm not asking that to be smarmy - I truly thought that's what the Broncos got in trouble for.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
            I don't recall anyone with any kind of credibility saying that his injury was a career threatening injury. He recovered from the ACL injury and the last surgery he had was to remove a cyst. He said the knee is fixed but it isn't quite 100% yet.

The article in which he made the comments in question stated that the Broncos might not have much choice but to keep him. They would take a hefty hit to the salary cap if they release him. Given what they would have when his knee is 100%, it's smarter to keep him. He's pretty much in the driver seat. I happen to agree with him. The Broncos organization knows that injuries are a part of the game. A player shouldn't have to take a pay cut just because he was injured. How many of us would take a pay cut for a work related injury, or any injury for that matter? It's silly for fans to expect players to take pay cuts because of an injury when no fan would do the same thing at his or her job.
            Yeah, but there's a difference between us and him. He's being paid millions, while the rest of us are being paid well below that. There's quite a difference there so it can't really be related to. I'm also sure that Denver has a clause in the contract saying they can get back some money if his injury results in him being cut/traded/retire. They are known for this kind of the thing, to have clauses to protect themselves from such incidents.

Comment

My Grandma had the same surgery on her knee a year ago and I'll tell you what, she's not the same! Ever since she's gotten that surgery she's been fighting extra hard to come back, it took several months for her to be 100%. But still, she wasn't the same.

She couldn't run her routes as effectively as she could before and her cuts were just so awkward like. She's also put on several more unwanted pounds, so she's more like a TE now. Not the same WR she once was.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                Well...then what exactly did the Broncos get in trouble for then? My understanding was it was because they deferred Elways' and others' contracts?

I'm not asking that to be smarmy - I truly thought that's what the Broncos got in trouble for.
                I'll try to find it mojo...but it wasn't so much the money being deferred, as to WHEN they were being paid (or not being paid)... thus it broke the NFL rules due to the fact that the money wasn't literally going OUT (on time). There was a really good posting about it on the Orange Mane when the Patriots were going through their deal. I dont' know if I can find it, but I'll look.

Comment

Originally posted by kratos_godofwar View Post
                  Yeah, but there's a difference between us and him. He's being paid millions, while the rest of us are being paid well below that. There's quite a difference there so it can't really be related to. I'm also sure that Denver has a clause in the contract saying they can get back some money if his injury results in him being cut/traded/retire. They are known for this kind of the thing, to have clauses to protect themselves from such incidents.
                  Right and wrong have no financial boundaries. Just because he makes millions it doesn't mean it's OK to screw him over or expect him to take a pay cut.

It's highly unlikely that the Broncos put in a clause that protects them if he gets cut or traded. Cutting or trading him would be their decision and therefore they wouldn't be allowed to screw him out of money owed to him. There are laws protecting people from that kind of unethical behavior.
                  My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                  You Mad Bro?
                  Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Working...
                  X