Future planning for HC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future planning for HC

First: I'm a Shanahan fan and unless something drastically changes, I'm cool with him staying in Denver as long as he likes. His current contract expires in 2011. If he decides to retire, who would people like to see?

Here is my choice: Jeff Fisher - contract ends in 2011.

Your thoughts?

i'd be perfectly content picking up kubiak and bringing him back. jack.
    Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
    Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaPirateFunk View Post
      i'd be perfectly content picking up kubiak and bringing him back. jack.
      I'm pretty content with Shanahan still, but what ninja said ^^^^^
      sigpic

Comment

Indeed

Kubiak! for sure
        People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

sigpic

Comment

You all need to give up this Kubiak stuff.

1. Kubiak WANTED the Houston job. He waited for it the first time and when he didn't get it he started looking around at other jobs. Then his second chance came. Why would he want to leave his dream job?

2. The only way the Broncos could hire him away from Houston (as I understand NFL coaching rules) is for him to get increased title/responsibility. That probably means the same role Shanahan has now. Are you ready to turn over complete control to Kubiak? Has he proven himself not only on the field but also as a personnel man for you to feel comfortable doing that? Even if you are and wanted to do so, see point #1.

3. If Kubiak is available to the Broncos (thus avoiding the scenario in point 2) it will be because he was fired from Houston. If he doesn't succeed in Houston, are you still going to be jumping all over the chance to hire him? For some reason he'll absolutely succeed in Denver even if he failed in Houston? C'mon.

I want Shanahan to stay - he's one of the few proven SB winning coaches in the league. I don't have anything against Kubiak - love him. But I'm not living in this fantasy world you all are.

Comment

JEFF FISHER? LO!LO!L

Wow, you guys can't accept the facts can you?

Shanahan will stay for years to come and you're going to have to get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Beast#7 View Post
              JEFF FISHER? LO!LO!L

Wow, you guys can't accept the facts can you?

Shanahan will stay for years to come and you're going to have to get used to it.
              I never said that he wouldn't. As a matter of fact, I said that I wanted him to stay as long as he chooses.

The question was: Who do people like as a potential replacement, should he decide to retire when his contract expires. This here is called a hy-po-thetical scenario.

What don't you like about Fisher?

How about you actually follow the thread intent rather than throw out ambigious statements that don't relate?

Comment

Another thread about a Shanahan replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
                  Another thread about a Shanahan replacement.
                  yes, a non-serious, hypothetical, based in 2011, thread about Shanahan's replacement.

everyone is a bit too serious around here.

Maybe if I re-word it a bit:

What coach do Bronco fans respect and admire enough to run "their" team?
                  I'm just curious to which coaches the fans actually like.

Does that cool the hyper-defense mechanism a little?

Comment

Originally posted by bronco1263 View Post
                    I never said that he wouldn't. As a matter of fact, I said that I wanted him to stay as long as he chooses.

The question was: Who do people like as a potential replacement, should he decide to retire when his contract expires. This here is called a hy-po-thetical scenario.

What don't you like about Fisher?

How about you actually follow the thread intent rather than throw out ambigious statements that don't relate?
                    LOL!!!

You want to talk about 2011 when it's 2007!?!?!?!?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Be patient and wait out 'till 2011 and come back and ask for replacements.

People who look forward to such a long period of time is beyond me. I mean c'mon, live your life day by day.

You just can't look forward to something so far away....... many, and I mean MANY things will change during that course of time.

That should shut you up.

Comment

When you win 2 superbowls back to back

(looks around for Bolt Man)

even with a HoF QB, that pretty much guarantees lifetime employment with a team, especially if you only have 1 losing season in 10 years.

Shanahan will be here until he drops dead from old age. Or from the weight of all the super bowl rings on his hand, cutting off that fragile circulation.
                      The Valiant History of the AFC West (Except for the Chargers):

Denver Broncos: 2x World Champions. 6x AFC Champions. Overall Record: (.532)
                      Oakland Raiders: 3x World Champions. 5x AFC Champions. Overall Record: (.590)
                      Kansas City Chiefs: 1x World Champions. 2x AFC Champions. Overall Record: (.528)
                      San Diego Chargers: NEVER BEEN WORLD CHAMPIONS. 1x AFC Champions. Overall Record: (.493)
                      sigpic

Comment

why are people freaking out? it's not like because we reply here we want shanahan gone. he won't be here forever so we'd may as well talk about the inevitable.

1. Kubiak WANTED the Houston job. He waited for it the first time and when he didn't get it he started looking around at other jobs. Then his second chance came. Why would he want to leave his dream job?
                        something tells me it wasn't his dream job because it was houston, it was because he could be a head coach. if his contract is ever up, something tell me he'd pick denver over the texans.

3. If Kubiak is available to the Broncos (thus avoiding the scenario in point 2) it will be because he was fired from Houston.
                        not neccesarily

But I'm not living in this fantasy world you all are.
                        we're not living in a fantasy world because we face what will happen one day. shanny won't be here forever.

Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
                        Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

Comment

Originally posted by bronco1263 View Post
                          First: I'm a Shanahan fan and unless something drastically changes, I'm cool with him staying in Denver as long as he likes. His current contract expires in 2011. If he decides to retire, who would people like to see?

Here is my choice: Jeff Fisher - contract ends in 2011.

Your thoughts?
                          why dont we cross that road when we get there boyah!

2011 is still quite aways away.
                          McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaPirateFunk View Post
                            something tells me it wasn't his dream job because it was houston, it was because he could be a head coach. if his contract is ever up, something tell me he'd pick denver over the texans.
                            I have to disagree with that....

“I always wanted an opportunity to be a head coach, but I always liked the job I had,” he (Kubiak) said. “I didn't want to be a head coach just to be a head coach. I wanted an opportunity that was special.

“I interviewed for (the Texans) job the first time it came around. I never dreamed the opportunity would come around again in my hometown. It's special.”

"For me personally, this is even more special because it's in Houston, my hometown," Kubiak said. "This city and the people here mean so much to me."

Comment

ehhh i'm kinda 50/50 on that one. you know he's got to be partial to the team he played and coached for for so long. sounds like half truth, half public service announcement. it could be true but you see this alot in sports, guys who you'd think would affiliate themselves with the home town after their playing careers but don't. i could still see him coming here in about 8-10 years when i think shanny will hang it up, having coached enough time in houston to be happy. if his contract would be up soon enough sorta thing. i could see bowlen going with a stop gap while we wait.

Comment

Working...
                              X