• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bronco1263
    replied
    Originally posted by Beast#7 View Post
    LOL!!!

You want to talk about 2011 when it's 2007!?!?!?!?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Be patient and wait out 'till 2011 and come back and ask for replacements.

People who look forward to such a long period of time is beyond me. I mean c'mon, live your life day by day.

You just can't look forward to something so far away....... many, and I mean MANY things will change during that course of time.

That should shut you up.
    That should shut me up? Seriously, what's wrong with you?

If you don't like the post or thread, feel free to not respond. Your opinion isn't important, especially when it's off topic.
    Last edited by bronco1263; 12-24-2007, 02:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KoleTrickle
    replied
    Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
    WAAAAAAYYY too much can happen in 4 years.

Let's revisit this in 2010 or 2011?

2009 at the earliest.

Leave a comment:

• PowderAddict
    replied
    WAAAAAAYYY too much can happen in 4 years.

Let's revisit this in 2010 or 2011?

Leave a comment:

• The Experience
    replied
    i'm all for grooming Rod Smith over the next few years to be Shanny's succesor

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied
    Originally posted by Henrysdealer View Post
    Cam Camreon is likely to be available.

Who names there kid camreon camreon?
    Actually, his first name is Malcom.

Leave a comment:

• Henrysdealer
    replied
    Cam Camreon is likely to be available.

Who names there kid camreon camreon?

Leave a comment:

• Gurada
    replied
    Man...just how many years was Kubiak around Denver anyway? He was a coach for awhile, and before that he had a roster spot for years...

Leave a comment:

• NinjaPirateFunk
    replied
    ehhh i'm kinda 50/50 on that one. you know he's got to be partial to the team he played and coached for for so long. sounds like half truth, half public service announcement. it could be true but you see this alot in sports, guys who you'd think would affiliate themselves with the home town after their playing careers but don't. i could still see him coming here in about 8-10 years when i think shanny will hang it up, having coached enough time in houston to be happy. if his contract would be up soon enough sorta thing. i could see bowlen going with a stop gap while we wait.

Leave a comment:

• neutessa
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaPirateFunk View Post
    something tells me it wasn't his dream job because it was houston, it was because he could be a head coach. if his contract is ever up, something tell me he'd pick denver over the texans.
    I have to disagree with that....

“I always wanted an opportunity to be a head coach, but I always liked the job I had,” he (Kubiak) said. “I didn't want to be a head coach just to be a head coach. I wanted an opportunity that was special.

“I interviewed for (the Texans) job the first time it came around. I never dreamed the opportunity would come around again in my hometown. It's special.”

"For me personally, this is even more special because it's in Houston, my hometown," Kubiak said. "This city and the people here mean so much to me."

Leave a comment:

• BroncoKazuki
    replied
    Originally posted by bronco1263 View Post
    First: I'm a Shanahan fan and unless something drastically changes, I'm cool with him staying in Denver as long as he likes. His current contract expires in 2011. If he decides to retire, who would people like to see?

Here is my choice: Jeff Fisher - contract ends in 2011.

Your thoughts?
    why dont we cross that road when we get there boyah!

2011 is still quite aways away.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaPirateFunk
    replied
    why are people freaking out? it's not like because we reply here we want shanahan gone. he won't be here forever so we'd may as well talk about the inevitable.

1. Kubiak WANTED the Houston job. He waited for it the first time and when he didn't get it he started looking around at other jobs. Then his second chance came. Why would he want to leave his dream job?
    something tells me it wasn't his dream job because it was houston, it was because he could be a head coach. if his contract is ever up, something tell me he'd pick denver over the texans.

3. If Kubiak is available to the Broncos (thus avoiding the scenario in point 2) it will be because he was fired from Houston.
    not neccesarily

But I'm not living in this fantasy world you all are.
    we're not living in a fantasy world because we face what will happen one day. shanny won't be here forever.

Leave a comment:

• JohnElwayAce07
    replied
    When you win 2 superbowls back to back

(looks around for Bolt Man)

even with a HoF QB, that pretty much guarantees lifetime employment with a team, especially if you only have 1 losing season in 10 years.

Shanahan will be here until he drops dead from old age. Or from the weight of all the super bowl rings on his hand, cutting off that fragile circulation.

Leave a comment:

• Beast#7
    replied
    Originally posted by bronco1263 View Post
    I never said that he wouldn't. As a matter of fact, I said that I wanted him to stay as long as he chooses.

The question was: Who do people like as a potential replacement, should he decide to retire when his contract expires. This here is called a hy-po-thetical scenario.

What don't you like about Fisher?

How about you actually follow the thread intent rather than throw out ambigious statements that don't relate?
    LOL!!!

You want to talk about 2011 when it's 2007!?!?!?!?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Be patient and wait out 'till 2011 and come back and ask for replacements.

People who look forward to such a long period of time is beyond me. I mean c'mon, live your life day by day.

You just can't look forward to something so far away....... many, and I mean MANY things will change during that course of time.

That should shut you up.

Leave a comment:

• bronco1263
    replied
    Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
    Another thread about a Shanahan replacement.
    yes, a non-serious, hypothetical, based in 2011, thread about Shanahan's replacement.

everyone is a bit too serious around here.

Maybe if I re-word it a bit:

What coach do Bronco fans respect and admire enough to run "their" team?
    I'm just curious to which coaches the fans actually like.

Does that cool the hyper-defense mechanism a little?

Leave a comment:

• jetrazor74
    replied
    Another thread about a Shanahan replacement.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X