Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos Need a Franchise RB to Succeed. Henry is Not That Guy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before Blaming Bronco Backs

Before you blame Henry (who has had better years with worst teams) I think we should remember two things: for the majority of this season, we have had ONE returning starter on the offensive line. Ben Hamilton is the nastiest, and most physically talented lineman we have--out for the season. Tommy has been the real "quarterback" of our run game for last decade--missed the last half of the season. Lepsis is the only consistent protection we have had, and he has been banged up! Remember, it's been the O-line that has allowed Gary, Anderson, and Droughns to succeed. The system is brilliant, though defenses are catching up.
    Second, our teams personnel turnover has been flabbergasting (of which some/all credit due to Shanny). You can't expect consistency from all "1st year" players (in the system that is). Returning starters from last year still playing: Lepsis....and Javon (I guess). That is Mind blowing!! Unless I have overlooked someone, that is exactly 1 and 1/2 of 11. Yeah, good luck. Defense is about the same.
    While this year has been disappointing, I look forward to next year with Henry and Young in the backfield. Go Broncos!
    Favorite Mile High Memory: Rod's one-handed grab in the endzone against the Steelers in '04

Comment

For us to return to dominance in the run game, we need a RB with size. That means height AND weight. All these 5'9 230....5'11 200..RB's will not cut it. The only back I felt had the decent amount of size to be a franchise back is Mike Anderson and Ron Dayne. Mike Anderson i dont think was agile enough to be dominant, but Dayne would have been nice to see. What was TD's measurable 6'0 230 or so? What 2,00 yard back was smaller than 215 and shorter than 5'10? Unless we find a back with the moves of a Barry Sanders, but thats very rare.

Then we build up the O-line to resemble the past lineup of Tony Jones, Mark Schlareth, Tom Nalen, Brian Habib, and Harry Swayne (I think thats how it was).....a strong power line I dont like this "light and quick" offensive lineman thing anymore, we need POWER lineman. I've seen enough of this whole "great between the 20's, but stuffed in the red zone" offensive line.
      dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by No.1Fan View Post
        Favorite Mile High Memory: Rod's one-handed grab in the endzone against the Steelers in '04
        Wasnt that with steve buereline throwing?
        dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoKazuki View Post
          Tyger do us all a favor and stop trying to Hijack this thread with your anti-bates propaganda.

The reason I'm defending him is because he's new to Denver and he's new to the players. None of the guys we have on our Defense have ever played a 3-4 system nor played with Bates as a Defense coord.

We kicked out Coyer because the 4-3 system wasnt working and we were not putting pressure up on the front.

Hell im glade we did ok... not good.. nor decent but ok with a new Defense coord we could have had alot more meltdowns but we didn't. Sure im upset but im not ready to put him out to pasture. Coyer had ample time in Denver and thats the reason why we kicked him out...

Now onto our Running back debate.

If anything in our top 6 picks will be an RB we may even go as far as shipping off Henry and Mike Bell to Miami who needs a RB. We get picks and Miami gets leftovers of course we wont aim for for a RB in the top 5 mostly because their agents will expect a ton of concessions for their clients. Top 6-10 would be the best position not only cus TD was chosen in this range but i think alot of players who think they could have been number 1 didnt get their fair shake so it would spur them to do better for the team to question why they didnt get put up higher.

I think our first top 5 picks should be spent on 2 OT (perf 290-310 lbs and smart) and 1 DT who can command the front and 1 DE who can become the hammer. Then go out and get another good RB and WR .
          As well as a good Punter. then finish it off by getting a Safety to be Lynch's understudy. Next year we can go and get good LB's to complemnt Dj's talents.

Do "us" a favor???? You speaking for all of Bronco nation there, Sparky, ...or you just lonely and got a mouse in your pocket?

Do yourself "a favor" and take off your blinders. Half of Denver wants this guy shipped out in the next Federal Express. Not my fault the chump installed a "scheme" that the rest of the NFL walks all over and then laughs in our faces. It's always fun watching the guy keeping digging in his dry well though. For a while, anyway....

Haven't mastered the art of responding without a personal attack, I see. Perhaps there is something personal you wish to air or discuss?

Comment

Working...
          X