Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ndbroncofan07
    replied
    I didnt mean in the whole nfl i meant he is better than any free agent that would we could get whoops.

Leave a comment:

• Maharishineo
    replied
    Definitely, though, first day draft picks are important, all the way till the third round. That's why it's so unfortunate we don't have ours this year. Regardless, it's not like if we did get a 3rd for Javon, we'd be able to pick up a guy to ever replace what he brings to the team when he's healthy. But as we all know, that's the big question.

I agree with the previous notion that we should wait for the facts to come out. I'm sure this is an issue the organization is dealing with and they're currently in the process of weighing their options. When they collect all of the information they need they'll do what's right. For everybody calling for Javon's head, don't fret, we all know Shannahan is bold enough to make the move if he sees fit. I say leave just leave calm down and the decision up to him, as if you were actually influencing anything otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied
    Originally posted by Maharishineo View Post
    Bad phrasing. I meant it as if we were the Packers, "only getting a second round pick". While of good value as you said, others on the board speak as if we should be getting a first for him.
    Oh, ok - I get you now.

Leave a comment:

• Maharishineo
    replied
    Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Only a second round pick? That seems a little passive, don't you think? Pretty much your top 3 picks in the draft are critical. Giving up a 2nd round pick was a lot, and although it appeared to work out last season, it's appearing to be a bad move IF we wind up cutting Javon or his knee becomes degenerative as some speculate.
    Bad phrasing. I meant it as if we were the Packers, "only getting a second round pick". While of good value as you said, others on the board speak as if we should be getting a first for him.

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied
    Originally posted by Maharishineo View Post
    Sounds about right. Remember guys, we only gave up a second round to get him. It's not going to get any better with a repeat injury, despite his show last year.
    Only a second round pick? That seems a little passive, don't you think? Pretty much your top 3 picks in the draft are critical. Giving up a 2nd round pick was a lot, and although it appeared to work out last season, it's appearing to be a bad move IF we wind up cutting Javon or his knee becomes degenerative as some speculate.

Leave a comment:

• Maharishineo
    replied
    Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
    i could see a 3rd round draft pick at best from some team desperate for wr help

cause he's injury prone, 3rd rounder is probably being generous
    Sounds about right. Remember guys, we only gave up a second round to get him. It's not going to get any better with a repeat injury, despite his show last year.

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied
    Originally posted by jcdavey View Post

If a healthy Randy Moss goes for a fourth rounder these days, the Broncos will be lucky to get a 7th round pick for Walker.

The best they could hope for is a conditional draft pick, which is completely possible. Many teams would be willing to take a chance on Walker, but I doubt they'll pay him anything close to what we would on a restructured deal.

Leave a comment:

• KoleTrickle
    replied
    Originally posted by ndbroncofan07 View Post
    But to be honest there is no other wide receiver in my opinion that is as good as javon
    I wouldn't go that far, but i'd definately put him in my top 8 when he is healthy.

Leave a comment:

• jcdavey
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied
    Originally posted by ndbroncofan07 View Post
    But to be honest there is no other wide receiver in my opinion that is as good as javon
    Come on - let's be realistic. Javon is good, and at times he can be great. But he's not the 'be all/end all' to receivers, and to me, Brandon Marshall has shown me more talent this season than Walker has in over two being here. I don't want to knock on Walker. If he's healthy and willing to work with the team, I definitely want to keep him. But 2 good seasons out of the 7 he's played does not make him the greatest WR in the NFL. I no longer think he's the best WR on the team, as a matter of fact.

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied
    Originally posted by Chidoze View Post
    Why does everyone want to get rid of Javon all of a sudden?

Wait until all the facts come out before you start shoving him on the next flight out of town.
    I think fans are turned off by the fact that, given he hasn't played most of the season and has been utterly unproductive since returning, he's already taking the stance on his contract that he's taking. I'm not saying he's wrong for not wanting to restructure his deal, but I don't think he should be talking about it with the media. It makes him look like he's unwilling to help this team out despite the fact that his knee is a huge question mark right now, and the Broncos would be taking a tremendous gamble by keeping him - a gamble they may not/cannot be willing to take.

Leave a comment:

• crazybronco
    replied
    yeah so when did i ever say get rid of him i just siad if he doesnt take his pay cutt then this might be a place he could go

Leave a comment:

• Beast#7
    replied
    Originally posted by crazybronco View Post
    titans the would be willing to give up some good picks for him this is if he doesnt take his paycut but i see us getting some good picks or maybe even one of there d line men and a pick ...
    crazybronco, learn how to spell.

Leave a comment:

• ndbroncofan07
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jetrazor74
    replied
    Originally posted by Chidoze View Post
    Why does everyone want to get rid of Javon all of a sudden?

Wait until all the facts come out before you start shoving him on the next flight out of town.
    Because it's ALOT of money to gamble on a knee that's only been healthy 1 of the last 3 seasons!!

Even Phil Ivey would tell you those aren't good odds.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X