I want Jim Bates OUT OF HERE.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want Jim Bates OUT OF HERE.

Jim Bates is the WORST thing that has happened to this football team since Alex Gibbs left.

To Jim Bates: LEAVE. And take Dre Bly and Travis Henry with you.

I simply do NOT understand how we have a team on our hands with so much talent and potential and yet our entire season has been for NAUGHT.

Say what you want about injuries or whatever. Our defense is absolutely TERRIBLE and there's no reason for it.

Jim Bates should be left to wear a Salvation Army uniform asking for change in front of a grocery store in Alaska - if he's not gone within the next few weeks I will have an exhistential meltdown. There's absolutely NO REASON at all why we should have so much talent on both sides of the ball and not even be able to keep the DETROIT LIONS from putting up 44 on us.

Hell, at this point I'm about ready to put in MY resume - I could call better plays on defense with my head up my...well you get what I'm saying.

Jim Bates be gone and don't EVER come back.

OK....

Want a cookie?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but he ain't going no where. Typically you give a coach more than one year to implement his scheme and bring in the appropriate talent.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic666 View Post
      Jim Bates is the WORST thing that has happened to this football team since Alex Gibbs left.

I simply do NOT understand how we have a team on our hands with so much talent and potential and yet our entire season has been for NAUGHT.

Say what you want about injuries or whatever. Our defense is absolutely TERRIBLE and there's no reason for it.

Jim Bates should be left to wear a Salvation Army uniform asking for change in front of a grocery store in Alaska - if he's not gone within the next few weeks I will have an exhistential meltdown. There's absolutely NO REASON at all why we should have so much talent on both sides of the ball and not even be able to keep the DETROIT LIONS from putting up 44 on us.

Hell, at this point I'm about ready to put in MY resume - I could call better plays on defense with my head up my...well you get what I'm saying.

Quit blaming Bates, first off were not even running his defensive scheme and he is not the overall Defensive Coordinator!

Henry I agree with...pack his bags and he can take the offensive line, and Javon Walker with him!

Comment

please show me this talent???? i just dont see it. i mean really point out the talent on the defensive side

really do it
        sigpic
        -------

Comment

Amen!!!

Comment

Only Jim Bates?
            sigpic

Comment

Sorry to burst your bubble, but he ain't going no where. Typically you give a coach more than one year to implement his scheme and bring in the appropriate talent.

The problem is this:

You HAVE to build your schemes around your talent/strengths/weaknesses - you can just bring in a scheme and expect your personnel to adapt to it. What do you think makes the Patriots defense/Bill Bellichick so good?

Bottom line: Bates/Slowik need bus tickets to Miami - PERIOD.

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                please show me this talent???? i just dont see it. i mean really point out the talent on the defensive side

really do it
                I agree with you! I've been hearing about "all of this talent" all year, but I just don't see it.
                "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

-Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

Comment

You haven't seen the talent because we haven't had the COACHING to be able bring it to the surface.

Brandon Marshall will push Javon Walker for the 1st wideout spot. We have a number of young guys along the O-line that are going to help pass the torch...we have Graham, Sheffler, Stokely, Young, and Hall. Defensively we have the best corner duo on paper in the whole league. DJ is really starting to come on and we have a bunch of young talent along the D-line.

We just need the right coaches, specifically on defense to bring the type of schemes to cater to that talent.

Comment

The problem is this:

You HAVE to build your schemes around your talent/strengths/weaknesses - you can just bring in a scheme and expect your personnel to adapt to it. What do you think makes the Patriots defense/Bill Bellichick so good?

Bottom line: Bates/Slowik need bus tickets to Miami - PERIOD.
                    lol!?!?!?

Bates only used his scheme for four games and then dumped it because we weren't good enough to run it!

HOWEVER, no matter what scheme you run, you can't do anything if you defensive line cannot shut down the running game. L.T. had 80 yards and a td by halftime. That's "using the talent he had".

Give him time to bring in the talent he needs to run his scheme. It worked everywhere else, no reason it cannot work here with the right ingredients.

P.S. What's up with the slowik remark? He has been an assistant here for many years and has been groomed here and has been a steller defensive back coach. You calling for his head made you lose all credibility in your argument. Congratulations.

P.S.S. The Patriots are good because they cheated to the top and now use their "dynasty" to bring in top talent looking for rings.
                    sigpic

Comment

P.S. What's up with the slowik remark? He has been an assistant here for many years and has been groomed here and has been a steller defensive back coach. You calling for his head made you lose all credibility in your argument. Congratulations.

P.S.S. The Patriots are good because they cheated to the top and now use their "dynasty" to bring in top talent looking for rings.[/QUOTE]

Watch some tape and you MIGHT know what you're talking about, lol.

Comment

You haven't seen the talent because we haven't had the COACHING to be able bring it to the surface.

Brandon Marshall will push Javon Walker for the 1st wideout spot. We have a number of young guys along the O-line that are going to help pass the torch...we have Graham, Sheffler, Stokely, Young, and Hall. Defensively we have the best corner duo on paper in the whole league. DJ is really starting to come on and we have a bunch of young talent along the D-line.

We just need the right coaches, specifically on defense to bring the type of schemes to cater to that talent.
                        hahaha you just names the offense dude. and 3 players on D

we have a 2nd string LB playing the string side (webster) an worn out vet on the weak side (gold) an new MLB (DJ) a very old Lynch. a situational 2nd year player right now in Doom, a rookie DE in crowder (and moss but he has that injury).

**takes a deep breath to continue**

A new safety in Hamza. we have a high energy end in Engleberger. 2 rookie DTs starting. 2 more second string DTs that are barely worth roster spots ( mckinley & peterson) then we have the good players in Bly and Bailey.

and sadly those 2 are nothing with out a team around them

now i was very optomistic about this season but break it down like that an im surprised we won as many games as we have.
                        sigpic
                        -------

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                          **takes a deep breath to continue**
                          take as many deep breaths as you want - the bottom line is until we can bring a defensive coach in that can design schemes to our personnel, our defense is going to STINK. we need better coaching on the defensive side of the ball - PERIOD.

Comment

take as many deep breaths as you want - the bottom line is until we can bring a defensive coach in that can design schemes to our personnel, our defense is going to STINK. we need better coaching on the defensive side of the ball - PERIOD.
                            bottom line is our personnel stinks

what did you expect from that many changes and problems on just the defensive side of the ball
                            sigpic
                            -------

Comment

SBboundBRONCOS:

Point...our personnel isn't the greatest at this point, but honestly, I feel like we're not any better/worse than we have been the last few years...and just 2 seasons ago we finished the year 2nd in total defense and 3rd in scoring (against). So what's the difference? I think you can only point the finger in one direction and that would be Jim Bates'. With basically the same talent defensively, there isn't any reason why we shouldn't still be at least in the top 10 defensively.

Thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                              X