I want Jim Bates OUT OF HERE.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NinjaPirateFunk View Post
    i can live with one more year if for nothing else than to really justify some peoples opinions he should be gone if he does this again. if he doesn't, great, i don't want this team to fail on defense, but my confidence level in this guy is in the pits.

give him another offseason, another set of players he likes, more time with this team and hopefully something works out cause if it doesn't, i want him gone no questions asked. he'll have had his opportunity.

True he has to run the same play because the D-line doesnt know how to set up for the other plays.

Our D-line is talentless we DONT have the talent Bates needs to run his schemes. our D-line is underweight and gets pushed around like 12 year olds in pee-wee football.

We need to bulk up our D-line with new draft picks. 2 DT's and 2 new LB's the players we have are either too inexperienced and lack talent are far too old.

Reason why Lynch is showing age is because the front 5 cant stop the RUN.

please if things continue like this then we should fire Bates but right now. Bates is probably throwing the book and saying. "what am i suppose to do with these talentless nitwits that shanny said they were good."

Also when our Head Coach says that he admires the Cowboys or Pats O-line

It speaks volumes that he no longer has faith in the line that he drafted would take over as his aging vets are going off to the pasture.
    McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaPirateFunk View Post
      i can live with one more year if for nothing else than to really justify some peoples opinions he should be gone if he does this again. if he doesn't, great, i don't want this team to fail on defense, but my confidence level in this guy is in the pits.

give him another offseason, another set of players he likes, more time with this team and hopefully something works out cause if it doesn't, i want him gone no questions asked. he'll have had his opportunity.
      He won't have had his opportunity until he gets decent players... I'm glad Bowlen is patient enough (and smart enough) to see this. We have filled 2 of the hardest positions to take care of (at cornerback)... now for the other hardest 2, DT. Either the young talent that we have needs to step up in a HUGE way next year, or we have to go as hard as we can to take care of this in the offseason. If we can't get this done, we will be in for the same stuff next year. If a wrench keeps bending when you're trying to loosen a bolt, do you say the mechanic is too strong?
      Last edited by gobroncsnv; 12-25-2007, 04:24 PM.

Comment

lets not forget how ****ty our special teams are WITH todd saurbrun....

look at them now with out him!!!!!

we would be ranked 33rd in the league if we could.

Comment

that's all i keep on hearing, is that bates needs his players. am i the only one who expects him to maybe work around the flaws and play to our strengths? it's easy and the lazy way out to just say we're completely talentless but we're not. i expect him to work with what he's got. any other defense coach worth his salt would.

even with that aside, still he needs his player. my question for a few months now has been how long will we wait for that to happen? how long is too long? i mean his type of front seven player is so damn specific what if it takes like 3 seasons of this to get them all?

with that kind of wait for our standards, i want a guaranteed winner. but he's not. i don't think the wait is worth it.

make something happen next year or hit the road.
          Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
          Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

Comment

We don't need to get different players just to have different players. They need to be BETTER... That's not being too specific, is it? It's hard to game plan when your front wall gets blown down on EVERY play!!! You'll need to show me ANY DC's who have success with a line like ours.
            Last edited by gobroncsnv; 12-25-2007, 05:48 PM.

Comment

it's not that we need better, it's that he wants his specific type of DTs. he wants talent AND a certain player type. that's just obviously narrowing down the talent pool. he wants his his specific types of DEs. his specific type of MLB. what if we don't get those right away? we're one bust or injury away from free falling to last place again.

there are worse lines out there than ours, we just think we're the worst. i'd rather be us than the bills, browns, bengals, even the colts lost two starters and still look better than us. the browns are a good example of what we could be doing. at least they try to mask their lack of sacks and pass rush with timely blitzes and varying packages. and besides that, we were top 10 with a line that wasn't significantly worse than this one. you can pretend they were in order to pointlessly defend bates, but they weren't. they were the freakin browncos, who while serviceable, weren't so much better than it justifies a drop to dead last. not...even...close.
              Last edited by NinjaPirateFunk; 12-25-2007, 06:06 PM.
              Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
              Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

Comment

Working...
              X