Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concern on Cutler/his teammates...

I think this is a valid question.

And maybe I'm overlooking the fact that this was just one game, and we got our azz handed to us on both sides of the ball, and the fact that the franchise is at an all time low in Denver in the Shanahan era.

But when San Diego was mocking Cutler, Rivers and the defense, where was Cutler's teammates to defend him?

When SD was giving Cutler cheap shots after the play, where was the offense to defend him?

Maybe I just missed it, but when Cutler was consistently getting beat up throughout the game, taking hit after hit, I didn't see any Denver players standing up to him, or offering support to him on the field.

I didn't see any teammates talking to him off the field. I did see him get as far away from his teammates as possible.

This seriously offers cause for concern on how the team feels about Cutler. And maybe Jay's just a guy that wants to be left alone and his teammates kknow that.

But from an observational standpoint, I am seriously concerned that Cutler's teammates didn't stand up for him (at least from what I could see).

You would never see that with Brady, or Manning, or Brees, or any of the good starting QB's in the NFL.

If what I saw has more to it, are Cutler's teammates saying something by 'ignoring' him in the face of adversity?

I think yu are making way too much out of this. I saw another one of your posts on this a bit ago, and there is absolutely no reason to think this shows anything. When a player is yelling from across the field, when people say things in passing... what do you think the others are going to do?

Honestly... I dont' think there is a single thing to this....

Comment

Marshall did once or twice but are garbage o-line needs to step up both in play and attitude
      Welcome to the team 2010 draft picks

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
        I think yu are making way too much out of this. I saw another one of your posts on this a bit ago, and there is absolutely no reason to think this shows anything. When a player is yelling from across the field, when people say things in passing... what do you think the others are going to do?

Honestly... I dont' think there is a single thing to this....
        I'm also stating the little end of play jabs the defenders were getting in on Cutler, and there was quite a few. It's also concerning to see our franchise QB being totally isolated from the entire team in between plays, and on the sideline.

But yea, I don't know, I could be looking into this too much. I just can't fathom being a part of a team, seeing one of my teammates getting kicked on, and not doing anything about it. Especially my franchise QB.

But I don't know the situation, and I don't really want to speculate towards a heavy opinion.

Comment

I feel bad for Jay and rivers is classless son of a you know what
          sigpicR.I.P Darrent Williams and Damien Nash
          GO BRONCOS

Comment

we are a class team. Shanahan would have those players a$$es if the mouthed off like the little female dogs, like sandiego did

Comment

Probably a hard question to answer unless we have some locker room insight. But, usually, the Oline is the first to step in and punk someone if they think that person is going after their QB.

Maybe they were just too tired from having been beat down for most of the game? Okay, not really funny.

Next week should be interesting to see from all the little angles like this, though.

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                we are a class team. Shanahan would have those players a$$es if the mouthed off like the little female dogs, like sandiego did
                Mouthing off is one thing. Protecting your qb from end of play jabs and tricks is another.

It's almost like the players were saying, "go ahead, you can kick and push my QB. I don't care".

Even helping him up or acknowledging him when he's flat on his back because you got beat on the play would be a nice sign of acknowledgment too.

Comment

Originally posted by bronco1263 View Post
                  Probably a hard question to answer unless we have some locker room insight. But, usually, the Oline is the first to step in and punk someone if they think that person is going after their QB.
                  I agree. And I've seen it with Denver before. But I didn't see it at all tonight. And it was arguably Cutler's worst night as a pro as far as being roughed up by the opposing team.

Comment

I'll say it now, the main thing I saw was the Chargers defense putting my baby on the ground and the other Broncos doing nothing really to stop it. At times they did, but I think that Jay spent more time on the ground than not.

Comment

I heard on the radio that Chris Kuper got into an incident with a San Diego player after a hit on Cutler.

I don't know the specifics, but Logan and Doc praised Kuper for stepping up for Cutler.

The fact is, the entire team is dejected right now. They can't wait for this season to end, and I honestly think a lot of the players simply want out and to start fresh with a new team. Outside of Cutler, Marshall, and Scheffler, I don't see a lot of team work going on period.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                        I heard on the radio that Chris Kuper got into an incident with a San Diego player after a hit on Cutler.

I don't know the specifics, but Logan and Doc praised Kuper for stepping up for Cutler.

The fact is, the entire team is dejected right now. They can't wait for this season to end, and I honestly think a lot of the players simply want out and to start fresh with a new team. Outside of Cutler, Marshall, and Scheffler, I don't see a lot of team work going on period.
                        agreed. Thats exactly how it looked tonight for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                          They can't wait for this season to end, and I honestly think a lot of the players simply want out and to start fresh with a new team.
                          I've wondered about that too, and it's a serious concern, IMHO.

A dramatic turnover is going to set this franchise into a complete rebuilding mode.

Comment

Well good for Chris Kuper for sticking up for Jay Chris has always been a guy to protect his quaterback as he did up here in north dakota. But what the hell was Travis Henry doing just pitiful to see his effort.
                            sigpicR.I.P Darrent Williams and Damien Nash
                            GO BRONCOS

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                              I've wondered about that too, and it's a serious concern, IMHO.

A dramatic turnover is going to set this franchise into a complete rebuilding mode.
                              At this point, that's exactly what this organization needs to do.

Right now, you have four players that you know you can build your franchise around - Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler, and Bailey. And with Bailey, I honestly wouldn't be opposed at this point of the Broncos used him as trade bait to get something they desperately need more than a shut-down cornerback.

I think we're at a point where we need to lower our expectations as a franchise, and start working slowly towards where we ultimately want to be. I can tell you this much - there's no quick-fix solution in the offseason that will put this team back in the playoffs.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X