Concern on Cutler/his teammates...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    At this point, that's exactly what this organization needs to do.

Right now, you have four players that you know you can build your franchise around - Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler, and Bailey. And with Bailey, I honestly wouldn't be opposed at this point of the Broncos used him as trade bait to get something they desperately need more than a shut-down cornerback.

I think we're at a point where we need to lower our expectations as a franchise, and start working slowly towards where we ultimately want to be. I can tell you this much - there's no quick-fix solution in the offseason that will put this team back in the playoffs.
    I think that list should include Dumervil and DJ. Of course we also have our young d-linemen who need more time to show what they can do. Otherwise I don't really disagree.
    Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

This is a question I've wondered for a while and vaguely relates to this point.
      But do the Broncos, as a team, just seem to be lacking some "go for the throat" mentality? The effort is there but there isn't any confidence behind. Almost,... I'm going to try my best but I know it isn't going to work.

Granted, losing a lot and badly kinda does that but this is one area that I'd like to see the coaches focus on. Teach the team how to simply want it more than the other team and stop settling for losing personal battles and game battles. NE, Jacksonville, Pitt, even Indy just have a "Bring it and I'll still beat you" mentality.

Comment

Was Phillip Rivers also saying to the broncos and Jay "you cant play"?
        sigpicR.I.P Darrent Williams and Damien Nash
        GO BRONCOS

Comment

Originally posted by DancingHorsey View Post
          I think that list should include Dumervil and DJ. Of course we also have our young d-linemen who need more time to show what they can do. Otherwise I don't really disagree.
          I'm not sold on Dumervil as an every-down lineman. I think he's very talented and very exciting. But from what I've seen, most teams run right at him and have major success. Even still, I think he's someone who you want to keep around - just utilized better.

DJ Williams is a conundrum for me. I think he's shown progress and potential, but he's still not striking me as that big-play, bust-you-in-the-mouth-type MLB that Denver has had with Al Wilson. I have to see him next season to make an ultimate determination one way or another.
          sigpic

Comment

At this point, that's exactly what this organization needs to do.

Right now, you have four players that you know you can build your franchise around - Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler, and Bailey. And with Bailey, I honestly wouldn't be opposed at this point of the Broncos used him as trade bait to get something they desperately need more than a shut-down cornerback.

I think we're at a point where we need to lower our expectations as a franchise, and start working slowly towards where we ultimately want to be. I can tell you this much - there's no quick-fix solution in the offseason that will put this team back in the playoffs.
            its so crazy how things turnout looking back. i honestly thought we could be a serious contender, i saw no huge holes but now i realize how crazy my expectations were.

and dont even mention trading bailey around here (i did and i thought some people would hunt me down). but honestly you know your D is bad when a CB is making the majority of plays for you. Champ isnt a player that can impact the game unless he already has a great D around him (something we dont have and are very far from) i love bailey and want him to stay if other things can be fixed with him here.

but that said he could probably bring in a few very good picks in the draft deep in positions we need.
            sigpic
            -------

Comment

The way you isolate a tough DE, is you run right at them. That puts more 'hats' on him, unlike running away from them, which allows a fast DE to persue and make plays from the backside.

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                its so crazy how things turnout looking back. i honestly thought we could be a serious contender, i saw no huge holes but now i realize how crazy my expectations were.

and dont even mention trading bailey around here (i did and i thought some people would hunt me down). but honestly you know your D is bad when a CB is making the majority of plays for you. Champ isnt a player that can impact the game unless he already has a great D around him (something we dont have and are very far from) i love bailey and want him to stay if other things can be fixed with him here.

but that said he could probably bring in a few very good picks in the draft deep in positions we need.
                I understand the trade bait idea but I wonder if that's far too risky. Playing in the AFC against the Bradys and Mannings etc., an elite CB is almost required to reduce the passing field. And if Bailey were simply a cover guy ala Deion or even Bly, then I'd say yes but he's by far the most complete player on defense. To lose him for a downgrade and some potential isn't a sound business decision, I don't think.

Comment

Originally posted by bronco1263 View Post
                  I understand the trade bait idea but I wonder if that's far too risky. Playing in the AFC against the Bradys and Mannings etc., an elite CB is almost required to reduce the passing field. And if Bailey were simply a cover guy ala Deion or even Bly, then I'd say yes but he's by far the most complete player on defense. To lose him for a downgrade and some potential isn't a sound business decision, I don't think.
                  How have the Broncos faired against Peyton Manning and the Colts since bringing in Bailey?

Last I checked, 0-1 in the playoffs and 0-2 in the last two games, and Manning looked like...well, Manning.

The way to beat Peyton is with a pass rush from your front four - not with a shut-down corner.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm not sold on Dumervil as an every-down lineman. I think he's very talented and very exciting. But from what I've seen, most teams run right at him and have major success. Even still, I think he's someone who you want to keep around - just utilized better.

DJ Williams is a conundrum for me. I think he's shown progress and potential, but he's still not striking me as that big-play, bust-you-in-the-mouth-type MLB that Denver has had with Al Wilson. I have to see him next season to make an ultimate determination one way or another.
                    Very few elite pass rushing DEs can hold up when a team runs directly at them, and they aren't generally expected to. If a team runs directly at a DE, the DT next to him and the LBs behind him are expected to support him. It's a very rare DE that can be both an elite pass rusher and hold up against the run like that. The fact that Dumervil isn't among that freakishly small group shouldn't be held against him.

Team Tebow #108

Comment

I truly think Mike will clean house and get rid of the players who proved tonight they lacked the balls, manhood, talent and desire to be on this team next year. Its pretty obvious when a player just starts going through the motions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Axe View Post
                        I truly think Mike will clean house and get rid of the players who proved tonight they lacked the balls, manhood, talent and desire to be on this team next year. Its pretty obvious when a player just starts going through the motions.
                        Expect a long season next year if he does.

Team Tebow #108

Comment

Trade Travis Henry, get a LB and new OL.

Comment

Back in the day Keith Bishop would have been throwing punches.

Comment

How have the Broncos faired against Peyton Manning and the Colts since bringing in Bailey?

Last I checked, 0-1 in the playoffs and 0-2 in the last two games, and Manning looked like...well, Manning.

The way to beat Peyton is with a pass rush from your front four - not with a shut-down corner.
                              Understood. But to beat Manning, I think you need both and giving up your best player is too risky unless it's for a Freeney/Seymor caliber player. My two cents only and probably not even on topic.

Comment

you do NOT get better by trading away your best players. Thats going backwards.

Comment

Working...
                                X