Concern on Cutler/his teammates...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    you do NOT get better by trading away your best players. Thats going backwards.
    Really?

Denver traded away it's best player back in '04 to get Champ Bailey in the first place. So long as they got something significant in return for him, I don't have a problem with them entertaining ideas.

You can't build your defense around Champ Bailey.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
      Really?

Denver traded away it's best player back in '04 to get Champ Bailey in the first place. So long as they got something significant in return for him, I don't have a problem with them entertaining ideas.

You can't build your defense around Champ Bailey.
      But the player they got in return for that player, was better than the original. You aren't going to get that kind of trade now. Thats why THAT trade, was considered one of the Biggest in NFL history.

Parcells, Belicheck, and Edwards (all on the same day as the trade) stated they would have made that same trade. That being said, you are NOT going to find a ton of people that are willing to trade the kind of talent you would NEED to get for a Champ Bailey. Even draft choices dont make sense to get, not when you are going to try and replace the best in the game with a 'maybe' in the draft. Hard to justify that decision. If you trade him away for two 1st round picks (which you won't get)... then you would still have to use one of those to replace him anyway.

So yes.. really.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
        But the player they got in return for that player, was better than the original. You aren't going to get that kind of trade now. Thats why THAT trade, was considered one of the Biggest in NFL history.

Parcells, Belicheck, and Edwards (all on the same day as the trade) stated they would have made that same trade. That being said, you are NOT going to find a ton of people that are willing to trade the kind of talent you would NEED to get for a Champ Bailey. Even draft choices dont make sense to get, not when you are going to try and replace the best in the game with a 'maybe' in the draft. Hard to justify that decision. If you trade him away for two 1st round picks (which you won't get)... then you would still have to use one of those to replace him anyway.

So yes.. really.
        That is the one drawback of trading Bailey (besides losing a great player). The only things worth trading him for, in my opinion, would be draft picks, and there are no guarantees with drafted players.

Bailey's not going anywhere ravage - I'm smart enough to know that. But if you ask me if I think we'll get anywhere with our highest paid, most talented player on defense being a cornerback, then the answer is a no.

That said, Denver can make the improvements needed without having to trade Bailey, and should go that route first. But they're going to have to be able to pay players big money, and you have to wonder if they'll be able to afford that with some of their money going to the wrong places (not necesarily Bailey - with other players who haven't lived up to their salaries).
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post

But when San Diego was mocking Cutler, Rivers and the defense, where was Cutler's teammates to defend him?
          This was probably the most upsetting thing about watching the game for me.. I mean I knew we were going to loose since Shanny is stuck in the 90's with his playcalling and our Defense is not that great (although they played ok tonight). But having to watch Rivers (/spit) talk trash to Jay and watch other San Diego players disrepect him by waving goodbye (all the while Mr. Premadona and crybaby L.T) was sitting back made me almost through something at my TV.

Then what nearly sent me over the edge (and my drink at the screen) was when several Bronco Players went over and started to shake hands with Rivers (Webster was one for sure) and our freaking Back QB even went so far as to talk with him and have a good chuckle with that clown.!!!!

Here is a guy that was taunting our team and saying lord knows what to them while they were beating on us and we go over and shake this dudes hand?...I could careless about one of you guys telling me its sportsmanship. When a guy acts a *** like that you don't reward him by going and shaking his hand, you walk by him and threaten to beat his *** or tell him your going to destroy him next year.

I've had to deal with this soft team getting its butt kicked and manhandled all over the field for close to 10 years now, but tonight was a new low. Even the lowly Raiders and Ravens stand up for each other more then we do now and they are pathetic.

This is by far the softiest and most pathetic Bronco team I have ever had the misfurtune to watch play, and the worst part is it will probably be the same next year because our coach can't win without Elway and can't draft to save his life.

Comment

Originally posted by PaperBagBronco View Post
            This was probably the most upsetting thing about watching the game for me.. I mean I knew we were going to loose since Shanny is stuck in the 90's with his playcalling and our Defense is not that great (although they played ok tonight). But having to watch Rivers (/spit) talk trash to Jay and watch other San Diego players disrepect him by waving goodbye (all the while Mr. Premadona and crybaby L.T) was sitting back made me almost through something at my TV.

Then what nearly sent me over the edge (and my drink at the screen) was when several Bronco Players went over and started to shake hands with Rivers (Webster was one for sure) and our freaking Back QB even went so far as to talk with him and have a good chuckle with that clown.!!!!

Here is a guy that was taunting our team and saying lord knows what to them while they were beating on us and we go over and shake this dudes hand?...I could careless about one of you guys telling me its sportsmanship. When a guy acts a *** like that you don't reward him by going and shaking his hand, you walk by him and threaten to beat his *** or tell him your going to destroy him next year.

I've had to deal with this soft team getting its butt kicked and manhandled all over the field for close to 10 years now, but tonight was a new low. Even the lowly Raiders and Ravens stand up for each other more then we do now and they are pathetic.

This is by far the softiest and most pathetic Bronco team I have ever had the misfurtune to watch play, and the worst part is it will probably be the same next year because our coach can't win without Elway and can't draft to save his life.
            I agree with everything you said, from the first paragraph down to the last "This is by far the softiest and most pathetic Bronco team I have ever had the misfurtune to watch play, "

As far as the game goes, we must have been on the same emotional level. I saw Cutler 'getting spit on' so to say, and the itr felt like I had more ill will emotion than his own teammates.

Comment

I have watched the Broncos for nearly three decades.

This has got to be the most gutless bunch to ever wear the orange and blue.

These guys are an embarrassment. Being blown out. Being overpowered. Being mocked and knocked around. Losing at home. Par for the course.

I dont know what happened, but whatever it was, it knee-capped the Broncos.

The playcalling has been atrocious. Why cant we score with Cutler, Henry, Walker, Marshall, and Stokley?

The O line is inconsistent and is no longer the dominant unit it once was. Injuries have taken their toll. This unit has been pieced together and offensive production has suffered.

The Defensive line is a question without an answer. Annually. I cant remember the last time the Broncos had a dominant d line. Draft. Bring in Free Agents. Hasnt worked.

Gold and Webster need to be replaced.

Bringing in Bates has been a disaster, whether we are running his defense or not.

We are not a couple of players away. We are a couple of years away.

It looks bad.

Maybe rebuilding is the answer. Reloading isnt getting it done anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by AzDenFan View Post
                I have watched the Broncos for nearly three decades.

This has got to be the most gutless bunch to ever wear the orange and blue.

These guys are an embarrassment. Being blown out. Being overpowered. Being mocked and knocked around. Losing at home. Par for the course.

I dont know what happened, but whatever it was, it knee-capped the Broncos.

The playcalling has been atrocious. Why cant we score with Cutler, Henry, Walker, Marshall, and Stokley?

The O line is inconsistent and is no longer the dominant unit it once was. Injuries have taken their toll. This unit has been pieced together and offensive production has suffered.

The Defensive line is a question without an answer. Annually. I cant remember the last time the Broncos had a dominant d line. Draft. Bring in Free Agents. Hasnt worked.

Gold and Webster need to be replaced.

Bringing in Bates has been a disaster, whether we are running his defense or not.

We are not a couple of players away. We are a couple of years away.

It looks bad.

Maybe rebuilding is the answer. Reloading isnt getting it done anymore.
                I think we're already at the rebuilding stage, Shanahan wont say it though.

He'll stick to his "We are a team that's in Transition" quote as he puts it.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ndbroncofan07 View Post
                  Was Phillip Rivers also saying to the broncos and Jay "you cant play"?

The Broncos were calling Rivers a punk while he was on the sideline......and Rivers was saying "The punks over there......The punks over there"

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                    I think this is a valid question.

And maybe I'm overlooking the fact that this was just one game, and we got our azz handed to us on both sides of the ball, and the fact that the franchise is at an all time low in Denver in the Shanahan era.

But when San Diego was mocking Cutler, Rivers and the defense, where was Cutler's teammates to defend him?

When SD was giving Cutler cheap shots after the play, where was the offense to defend him?

Maybe I just missed it, but when Cutler was consistently getting beat up throughout the game, taking hit after hit, I didn't see any Denver players standing up to him, or offering support to him on the field.

I didn't see any teammates talking to him off the field. I did see him get as far away from his teammates as possible.

This seriously offers cause for concern on how the team feels about Cutler. And maybe Jay's just a guy that wants to be left alone and his teammates kknow that.

But from an observational standpoint, I am seriously concerned that Cutler's teammates didn't stand up for him (at least from what I could see).

You would never see that with Brady, or Manning, or Brees, or any of the good starting QB's in the NFL.

If what I saw has more to it, are Cutler's teammates saying something by 'ignoring' him in the face of adversity?
                    i think denver has just given up, it's not a personal statement by his teammates against him.

i'm kinda worried that cutler is throwing his helmet and showing more emotion, that might make him a better qb , then i'd have to worry about him.
                    sigpic

Comment

I think it was good to have them talk smack to Denver. This team has talent. They have no heart, no passion, no desire, no energy, no pride, no chemistry and it shows. Something needs to light a fire under them for next year. Hopefully that did it. As a man being smacked around and called a baby on TV should light a fire under Cutler and the entire team. If it doesn't what will?

As for Rivers, that guy is hilarious. It is easy to talk smack when you have L.T. behind you. Now we know why L.T. got up and walked away from him in the Tennessee game...because Rivers is a scum bag!!!

I hate the Patriots, but now I hope they smoke the Chargers and they all do the lights out dance on Rivers head!!!
                      Last edited by BroncoRT; 12-25-2007, 08:50 AM.
                      The three Keys to football
                      1. Turnovers
                      2. Field Position
                      3. Red Zone Play

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Axe View Post
                        I truly think Mike will clean house and get rid of the players who proved tonight they lacked the balls, manhood, talent and desire to be on this team next year. Its pretty obvious when a player just starts going through the motions.
                        Shouldn't that include Shanahan as well? Isn't A Coach supposed to be rebuilding every year with promising replacements - not just at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by hi-mtnman
                          Maybe Shanny leaves and takes Cutler with him!

Shannahan really supports this kid

I hate you for even THINKING that!

I'm worried about Champ in this regard too. He wants NOTHING more than a Championship and no other player on our team now deserves it more.

He's gotta be asking himself if Denver is the team that's going to get him there right about now. Someday, maybe, but when? I don't think Champ is a selfish player, I'm not trying to suggest that, but people that play the game at his level consistently want the big one. I can't blame them either.

Comment

[QUOTE=BroncoRT;2053037]I think it was good to have them talk smack to Denver. This team has talent. They have no heart, no passion, no desire, no energy, no pride, no chemistry and it shows. Something needs to light a fire under them for next year. [QUOTE]

Don't worry it won't.. I remember several years ago when Baltimore used to do this to us. They used to mock us (maybe not to this extent) and then bully us around the field (Much worse then what happend yesturday. And we would just come back the next year and let it happen agian..

I think the team takes on the attitude of the coach and if you have a firey passionate coach then thats the type of team you would field. Shanny just does not appear to be a very aggressive coach or the type of coach that will give you "the speech" at halftime to light a fire under your belly. Oh he will get in your face and all but what coach doesn't (I even seen Wade Phillips and Nurv get up in a players face a time or two). It pains me seeing this team get bullied this way, but its been like that for years now.. Before we had a team that would just run you over and players that would put you in your place (Romo) but now we are just a shell of a team with a bunch of players playing out of posistion (foxworth, our FB, Williams, Gold, Webster, etc) and a coach that still thinks he is playcalling in the 90's...

This team needs a change and we need to bring in someone who will give them that swagger.

Comment

cutler

It just goes to show you how much his own teammates think of Cutler's attitude . When his own teamates don't stick for him. I am glad Rivers teammates are the opposite of him. It doesn matter how great Cutler's arm might be and can scarmble a great stud ect,ect,ect. but with no personality trys to allienate above others when things don't go his way. No respect to the Coaches in public can't control his emotions gets rattle easily. Wait next year when other NFL.teams find out how to rattle him.

Comment

Originally posted by sojo13 View Post
                                It just goes to show you how much his own teammates think of Cutler's attitude . When his own teamates don't stick for him. I am glad Rivers teammates are the opposite of him. It doesn matter how great Cutler's arm might be and can scarmble a great stud ect,ect,ect. but with no personality trys to allienate above others when things don't go his way. No respect to the Coaches in public can't control his emotions gets rattle easily. Wait next year when other NFL.teams find out how to rattle him.

Name one other QB that gets knocked around like Cutler did last night and doesn't get alittle fired up.. Hell lets through you in some pads and let a few of us here knock you around and lets see if you don't get upset.

Atleast Cutler didn't have his starting RB walk away from him when he was trying to talk to him like LT did Rivers a few weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X