X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mojo0730
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    The season after next isn't a quick fix??? Guys, even if you have the BEST drafter in the world, you can't get a faster fix than 2 seasons. If you want to fix things WITH the draft (as many of you proclaim you do), then you can NOT expect those fixes to work out in ONE year.
    I agree. But 'quick fix' means in one offseason. When you start talking about 2-3 seasons, that's more of a long-term project than a 'quick fix' solution.

Leave a comment:

• silkamilkamonic
    replied
    TB has basically fixed their oline problems in 2 years.

But then again, Gruden is actually letting his rookie oline players play right away, which Shanahan doesn't do for whatever reason.

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    And 2-3 years is not a 'quick fix' solution.
    The season after next isn't a quick fix??? Guys, even if you have the BEST drafter in the world, you can't get a faster fix than 2 seasons. If you want to fix things WITH the draft (as many of you proclaim you do), then you can NOT expect those fixes to work out in ONE year.

Leave a comment:

• DiehardinAlaska
    replied
    We miss Nalen badly

Originally posted by bronco1263 View Post
    Probably a hard question to answer unless we have some locker room insight. But, usually, the Oline is the first to step in and punk someone if they think that person is going after their QB.

Maybe they were just too tired from having been beat down for most of the game? Okay, not really funny.

Next week should be interesting to see from all the little angles like this, though.
    I mentioned this before but this is another area where we miss Nalen. You got a lot of youth in that line and no one but Lepsis has really accomplished anything. Nalen doesn't put up with that crap. And Graham was on the sideline after re-aggravating his high ankle sprain. If Nalen doesn't come back we need a veteran butt-kicker in FA pronto. And yeh the original poster is right. Most o linemen don't let their QB get chipped at the end of the play more than once without retaliating. It's worth the 15 yards to stand up for your QB, especially under those circumstances!

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied
    Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    True. It's just unfortunate that it will take 2-3 years to solidify that.
    And 2-3 years is not a 'quick fix' solution.

Leave a comment:

• silkamilkamonic
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco_Rob View Post
    sure there is, it's called new defensive tackles and new o-linemen. Our skill position players are great for the most part, it's our line players (on both sides) that have been losing us games.
    True. It's just unfortunate that it will take 2-3 years to solidify that.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco_Rob
    replied
    there's no quick-fix solution in the offseason that will put this team back in the playoffs.

sure there is, it's called new defensive tackles and new o-linemen. Our skill position players are great for the most part, it's our line players (on both sides) that have been losing us games.

Leave a comment:

• silkamilkamonic
    replied
    If Cutler did indeed drop the "N" word, we would know about it, it would get out, and the media would have a circus with it.

Leave a comment:

• FootballFan1st
    replied
    Bogus. I don't buy any of this.

No way would a white NFL quarterback be shouting racial profanities when the majority of players - even on his own team - are black.

I swear people just love to start controversy.
    Amen to that. Why do you think ESPN focused on the whole trash talking thing in the first place?

TV MARKETING 101...

Contorversey = $$$

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied
    Originally posted by target.practice View Post
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...0&postcount=51

Yes. I see some players not liking Cutler. Very evident Monday night
    Bogus. I don't buy any of this.

No way would a white NFL quarterback be shouting racial profanities when the majority of players - even on his own team - are black.

I swear people just love to start controversy.

Leave a comment:

• target.practice
    replied
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...0&postcount=51

Yes. I see some players not liking Cutler. Very evident Monday night

Leave a comment:

• fcspikeit
    replied
    Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    I think this is a valid question.

And maybe I'm overlooking the fact that this was just one game, and we got our azz handed to us on both sides of the ball, and the fact that the franchise is at an all time low in Denver in the Shanahan era.

But when San Diego was mocking Cutler, Rivers and the defense, where was Cutler's teammates to defend him?

When SD was giving Cutler cheap shots after the play, where was the offense to defend him?

Maybe I just missed it, but when Cutler was consistently getting beat up throughout the game, taking hit after hit, I didn't see any Denver players standing up to him, or offering support to him on the field.

I didn't see any teammates talking to him off the field. I did see him get as far away from his teammates as possible.

This seriously offers cause for concern on how the team feels about Cutler. And maybe Jay's just a guy that wants to be left alone and his teammates kknow that.

But from an observational standpoint, I am seriously concerned that Cutler's teammates didn't stand up for him (at least from what I could see).

You would never see that with Brady, or Manning, or Brees, or any of the good starting QB's in the NFL.

If what I saw has more to it, are Cutler's teammates saying something by 'ignoring' him in the face of adversity?

I was thinking the same thing...

On at least 2 different plays Cutler got hit late and there wasn't anyone there to even help him up. There wasn't much anyone could do when Rivers was talking his trash but I thought the O-line should of at least had enough pride to stand up for Jay when he was getting hit after the play.

Its to bad we didn't have Nalen,, There is no way he would have stood around and watched his starting QB get beat up after the play.

Hell,, most the time the line was getting blown off the ball, they didn't even act like they cared it was their fault Cutler was getting killed.

It would be hard standing under center if you felt the guys in front of you didn't have your back... Its pretty sad....

Leave a comment:

• gobroncsnv
    replied
    Originally posted by AzDenFan View Post
    The playcalling has been atrocious. Why cant we score with Cutler, Henry, Walker, Marshall, and Stokley?

The O line is inconsistent and is no longer the dominant unit it once was. Injuries have taken their toll. This unit has been pieced together and offensive production has suffered.

Thanks for answering your own question... can't think of any team that fares well in scoring when the oline has a year like our's has.

Regarding LT.... if he didn't like when the Pats did it after the Chargers' great playoff "run" last year, then why does he let his own guys do it to another team??? Just makes it that much more fun to watch him cry on TV...
    Last edited by gobroncsnv; 12-25-2007, 04:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PaperBagBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by sojo13 View Post
    It just goes to show you how much his own teammates think of Cutler's attitude . When his own teamates don't stick for him. I am glad Rivers teammates are the opposite of him. It doesn matter how great Cutler's arm might be and can scarmble a great stud ect,ect,ect. but with no personality trys to allienate above others when things don't go his way. No respect to the Coaches in public can't control his emotions gets rattle easily. Wait next year when other NFL.teams find out how to rattle him.

Name one other QB that gets knocked around like Cutler did last night and doesn't get alittle fired up.. Hell lets through you in some pads and let a few of us here knock you around and lets see if you don't get upset.

Atleast Cutler didn't have his starting RB walk away from him when he was trying to talk to him like LT did Rivers a few weeks ago.

Leave a comment:

• sojo13
    replied
    cutler

It just goes to show you how much his own teammates think of Cutler's attitude . When his own teamates don't stick for him. I am glad Rivers teammates are the opposite of him. It doesn matter how great Cutler's arm might be and can scarmble a great stud ect,ect,ect. but with no personality trys to allienate above others when things don't go his way. No respect to the Coaches in public can't control his emotions gets rattle easily. Wait next year when other NFL.teams find out how to rattle him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X