Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok its broke how do you fix it

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ok its broke how do you fix it

    Please but logical responses

    Thanks



    ----------------------------------------------
    I work at Vanderbilt University

    Where Jay Graduated!


    I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

  • #2
    I have a feeling that "logic" is going to be in the eye of the beholder in this thread.

    I mentioned it in another thread, but I would put out to the other 31 teams that Champ Bailey is available for the right price (draft picks). Having him in the secondary isn't doing a lot of good since the Broncos get dominated up front. Without consistent pressure, a great cornerback is negated which is what we're seeing now.

    I would propose a 1st round choice, two 3rds, and a 4th. That would be negotiable, though. The thing is that this may turn into a longer rebuilding process than a lot of us would like.

    In the draft and free agency denver needs to focus on both lines. I'm a firm believe that quality teams are built from the line of scrimmage - out which seems to be the opposite train of thought the Broncos have had recently.
    "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

    -Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

    Comment


    • #3
      Say we get a good draft pick. Do you trade for multiple picks? I don't think one good player can do it. There are so many needs.



      ----------------------------------------------
      I work at Vanderbilt University

      Where Jay Graduated!


      I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

      Comment


      • #4
        I agree. I think the idea now is to stockpile picks. To me, the only guy that should be untouchable is Jay Cutler. EVERYBODY else is open to negotiation. In order to do this, you're going to have to get rid of some people you would really like to keep.

        And, oh yeah, if there is an offer for Denver's 1st rounder that seems reasonable, it should be on the table as well.
        "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

        -Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by cutlerfan View Post
          Say we get a good draft pick. Do you trade for multiple picks? I don't think one good player can do it. There are so many needs.
          Denver should eye Dallas's picks, Dallas would love to get further in the draft, while they hold two 1st Round picks which will both be 20th or higher, and Denver would likely get both 1st round picks and a 4th or 5th from Dallas in return. And that is logical, because that gives Denver three first day picks within the top forty-one picks, let alone if Denver decides to actually keep Bly over Foxworth, Bly could net Denver with a reasonable pick having a good year, while Foxworth could easily net a 3rd round pick...which of course would give Denver four picks within the ninety-five picks of the first day...not including compenastion picks, I think Denver will get a 4th round pick for Carlisle signing with Oakland, he was a three year starter here and is the current starter in Oakland...Denver may get a 3rd, but I doubt it.

          But four picks on day one? That could really help...

          Rnd 1a: Frank Okam - DT - Texas or Marcus Harrison - DT - Arkansas: If he climbs the charts.
          Rnd 1b: Chris Williams - OT - Vanderbilt or Tony Hills - OT - Texas: If he climbs the charts.
          Rnd 2: Adarius Bowman - WR - Oklahoma State
          Rnd 3: Quentin Demps - FS - Texas El Paso

          And I would not be upset if we shipped our excess luggage elsewhere for second day picks; Walker, Lepsis and Henry...Hehehe!

          But right now Denver looks to have five to six picks in day two, mainly in the 4th and 5th rounds, but all little bit helps with a team so in need!

          Last edited by lancane; 12-25-2007, 03:41 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Cant Give Up Champ

            We Do Need Help Up Front On Both Sides But When U Give Up A Champ Bailey Thats Like Giving Up A Kobe Bryant In La. We Need Him Because Qb's Fear To Throw The Ball His Way. What I Say Is That We Stay With The Dline We Have Now But Maybe Add A Vet Dt And Try To Get A Higher 1st Round Pick And Get Mcfadden And Get Rid Of Travis Henry " He Sucks Sorry But He Does" And Try To Get Rodgers And Briggs

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by C_Mac22 View Post
              We Do Need Help Up Front On Both Sides But When U Give Up A Champ Bailey Thats Like Giving Up A Kobe Bryant In La. We Need Him Because Qb's Fear To Throw The Ball His Way. What I Say Is That We Stay With The Dline We Have Now But Maybe Add A Vet Dt And Try To Get A Higher 1st Round Pick And Get Mcfadden And Get Rid Of Travis Henry " He Sucks Sorry But He Does" And Try To Get Rodgers And Briggs
              The thing is that this year (especially recently) teams are not afraid to throw at Bailey and they've been successful. The reason for that is because Denver's front seven can't pressure the passer and they can't hold the point of attack. Again, IMHO, as great a player as Bailey is, he is being wasted out there without more pressure on the QB. I personally think that if you have a good DL, you can get away with lesser talent at DB, but it doesn't work the other way around.
              "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

              -Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

              Comment


              • #8
                Cant Give Up Champ

                We Do Need Help Up Front On Both Sides But When U Give Up A Champ Bailey Thats Like Giving Up A Kobe Bryant In La. We Need Him Because Qb's Fear To Throw The Ball His Way. What I Say Is That We Stay With The Dline We Have Now But Maybe Add A Vet Dt And Try To Get A Higher 1st Round Pick And Get Mcfadden And Get Rid Of Travis Henry " He Sucks Sorry But He Does" And Try To Get Rodgers And Briggs

                Comment


                • #9
                  Target acquisitions in FA

                  1) Alan Faneca- His attitude and leadership would improve the o-line instantly.

                  2) Lance Briggs-His attitude and leadership would improve the defense instantly.

                  In 2 moves I have cured the teams attitude problem.

                  In the draft, I plan on working a deal with Dallas to move down and pick up OKAM, another target is Owen Schmitt, a devestating fullback in the mold of Mike Alstott, we need to protect Cutler, this guys a beast and great near the goal line.

                  I get rid of Bates, I tell Slowik that we now run Tampa 2, end of story, end of confusion.

                  I restructure Walker or he's gone, if he is gone I target Patrick Crayton.

                  I talk John Lynch into retirement, I target Gibril Wilson at safety.

                  I release Ben Hamilton, the type of concussion he suffered will lead to more problems and early retirement, waste of money IMO to keep him, I'd rather pay Faneca.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Lanecane I like the idea of talking with Dallas.

                    Will Shanny do it?

                    I think we could get rid of Henry BUT how many teams are going to take him? What would it cost us?

                    I don't know about Bly. I have seen him get burnt so many times they should call him toast, but seriously that is a tough corner because people will throw more at Dre'

                    I think our pass coverage "scheme" is just bad. We have way to much cushion we need more man on man



                    ----------------------------------------------
                    I work at Vanderbilt University

                    Where Jay Graduated!


                    I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The key on offense is going to be completely changing the blocking schemes and personnel. The zone blocking/lighter linemen style is not as effective in the new NFL. This league rewards teams that can drop a good QB back, protect him, and chuck the ball down field to a dynamic receiver. We've got the QB--maybe we don't, but he's shown enough that he's worth the shot--and we've got weapons at the skill positions, but our offensive line is built on misdirection run blocking and naked bootleg cut blocking. We need to completely overhaul the line with big dudes who will give Jay time in the pocket.

                      I agree with the Bailey trade idea. I have long been championing that move because as great as he is, shutdown corners are just not that valuable in a league that doesnt let DBs touch receivers. We have 14 mil tied up in a position that doesn't make a big difference in the grand scheme of things. Bailey and Bly are a luxury for a Super Bowl contender, not a building block for a young team with glaring holes up front. Trade both guys if you can, but Bailey will probably be worth more on the open market.

                      Also, DJ needs to move back to the Will.

                      Get back some draft picks for the corners, and natch up every 350-pound guard, tackle, DT, and every playmaking, run-stopping safety you can find.
                      Sent from my Human Cent-iPad

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by cutlerfan View Post
                        Lanecane I like the idea of talking with Dallas.

                        Will Shanny do it?

                        I think we could get rid of Henry BUT how many teams are going to take him? What would it cost us?

                        I don't know about Bly. I have seen him get burnt so many times they should call him toast, but seriously that is a tough corner because people will throw more at Dre'

                        I think our pass coverage "scheme" is just bad. We have way to much cushion we need more man on man
                        Right now I think it would be the smartest move, we need to stockpile picks...if we could end up with more like thirteen picks between rounds one and six, we could find impact players throughout...but with Dallas we would get more then from any other team to move up, unless another team lands a 1st round pick before April!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Maybe I'm oversimplifying here but...

                          Start at the lines- offense and defense... Look into a right guard and left tackle. I'm not sure if Harris is the future @ LT given Lepsis' recent durability issues, but its something they ought to take a look at. Other than that, I don't think this group is that far off, and it will solve most of the issues as long as Shanny's willing to adjust his red zone strategy.

                          And while we're at it we could use another DT. Other than that I like the direction the front office is going by drafting Marcus Thomas, Jarvis Moss, and Tim Crowder.

                          next, look @ the linebackers... we need to either look for another MLB or WLB... I agree w/ the other poster about moving Williams back to Will (yeah- bye bye, Ian) and looking for another MLB, perhaps in the draft.

                          edit: I also have to add that trading Bailey should NOT be considered an option
                          Last edited by urinal_cake; 12-25-2007, 05:24 PM.
                          This space for rent

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Trade Champ???

                            If we trade Champ to get a better line we are right back where we started a few years ago. Remember when our D and O lines were good but we were being DOMINATED by Indy because our corners couldn't cover their wide receivers. That started this whole thing.

                            Getting rid of Champ isn't the answer. Have a balanced defense is. Our corners are awesome if we can just develope some players to get pressure on QBs. It's gonna take time and draft picks....not trading Champ.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Bradshaw3001 View Post
                              The key on offense is going to be completely changing the blocking schemes and personnel. The zone blocking/lighter linemen style is not as effective in the new NFL. This league rewards teams that can drop a good QB back, protect him, and chuck the ball down field to a dynamic receiver. We've got the QB--maybe we don't, but he's shown enough that he's worth the shot--and we've got weapons at the skill positions, but our offensive line is built on misdirection run blocking and naked bootleg cut blocking. We need to completely overhaul the line with big dudes who will give Jay time in the pocket.

                              I agree with the Bailey trade idea. I have long been championing that move because as great as he is, shutdown corners are just not that valuable in a league that doesnt let DBs touch receivers. We have 14 mil tied up in a position that doesn't make a big difference in the grand scheme of things. Bailey and Bly are a luxury for a Super Bowl contender, not a building block for a young team with glaring holes up front. Trade both guys if you can, but Bailey will probably be worth more on the open market.

                              Also, DJ needs to move back to the Will.

                              Get back some draft picks for the corners, and natch up every 350-pound guard, tackle, DT, and every playmaking, run-stopping safety you can find.
                              some of you guys are foolish to be talking about trading champ. you will never find a talent like that ever again. dont forget who we gave up to get him. champ is here to stay. (trade bate please think) things would be a lot worse. just imagine getting toasted like bly/fox/dwill/walls/oneil/etc. the list would multiply with out 24

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X