Ok its broke how do you fix it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spikerman View Post
    I don't mind being called stupid, but I do think that exploring trade opportunities for Bailey makes sense. Like I explained earlier, this team has way too many weaknesses to address and a quick way to work on them is through extra picks.

You asked "then what we have a dt but no cornerback who can cover, so whats the point?" - Again, like I said before, in my opinion, teams have shown that they can win with strong fronts even if the secondary is weak, but nobody has shown the opposite to be true. Denver has been trying it for several years now and it obviously has not worked.

I want to reiterate that I am not saying Bailey must be traded. I just think it makes sense to at least explore the possibility.
    After this season, the front office must examine any and all possibilities to improve the team. I don't see a Bailey trade as prudent but hey if some team will go crazy and is willing to give us enough in trade then so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean View Post
      After this season, the front office must examine any and all possibilities to improve the team. I don't see a Bailey trade as prudent but hey if some team will go crazy and is willing to give us enough in trade then so be it.
      Certainly somebody could "make us an offer we can't refuse" and put a severed Bronco head on Shanny's pillow.

But I would seriously hate to lose the best player on our team. Even in an off year with Bailey struggling a bit after his injury, he was still a really important part of our defense.

We'd still take a sizeable hit from his prorated bonus money but I suppose it would be partially offset by losing his base salary. But I still consider him the best cornerback in the game and I don't want to return to our pre-Champ days where we couldn't find a reliable corner.
      "You can't take the sky from me..."
      ------
      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon View Post
        Certainly somebody could "make us an offer we can't refuse" and put a severed Bronco head on Shanny's pillow.

But I would seriously hate to lose the best player on our team. Even in an off year with Bailey struggling a bit after his injury, he was still a really important part of our defense.

We'd still take a sizeable hit from his prorated bonus money but I suppose it would be partially offset by losing his base salary. But I still consider him the best cornerback in the game and I don't want to return to our pre-Champ days where we couldn't find a reliable corner.
        I can agree with all you have written and share your sentiments toward keeping Champ. I am just stating that the team's well being will IMO come before keeping any individual even one so gifted as Bailey.

Comment

regard to what has to be done, Lee Rasizier of the Rockymountain news had some good points in an article yesterday. Here is the link.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...-from-amnesia/
          Last edited by Dean; 12-30-2007, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X