Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ernster released (Merged)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ernster released (Merged)

    not that it would be a suprise after the way he punted monday, and i understand the release but more importantly the way we have signed and released people this year is alarming, it really has me second guessing our talent evaluaters, i cant remember the last time i seen so many releases like this during the season

  • #2
    Lol

    Holy hell

    Find an EFFIN' punter for crying out loud
    I owe CP's to: no one

    Comment


    • #3
      so who do we pick up??? please don't be Baker again....

      Comment


      • #4
        He had a whole year to improve and seemed to get worse. This is the end of his career. Glad they got rid of him, he was terrible on Monday Night.
        sigpic

        2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

        Comment


        • #5
          We don't need no stinking punter for the last game....go for it on 4th everytime we are faced with it against the Vikes....!

          That would be AWESOME!!!!!

          I owe CP's to: no one

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bronco6maniac84 View Post
            so who do we pick up??? please don't be Baker again....
            Oh god, I'd kill to have Jason Baker again. Because he finally flowered and is now one of the league's best. Punters do take a while to develop.
            sigpic

            Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

            Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TR3Y View Post
              We don't need no stinking punter for the last game....go for it on 4th everytime we are faced with it against the Vikes....!

              That would be AWESOME!!!!!

              You know what? I agree! As crazy as it sounds, what have you got to lose at this point? There's not much difference between 7-9 and 6-10, IMO. I think Denver should pull out all the stops in this game, and at least make it exciting.

              That said, it will never happen.

              We've had too much player turnover this season to expect any sort of continuity or consistency. When you have that kind of turnover and things still aren't getting fixed, that falls on the talent scouts. They need to be replaced in the offseason, IMO.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TR3Y View Post
                We don't need no stinking punter for the last game....go for it on 4th everytime we are faced with it against the Vikes....!

                That would be AWESOME!!!!!

                I'd agree with this! Nothing to lose by doing this, hell, while they're at it go for 2 everytime they score a touchdown. Oh wait, the BRONCOS have a hard time doing that as well.

                Comment


                • #9
                  big surprise

                  who didn't see that one coming....

                  I'm guessing had Ernster not done so well during Sauerbrun's suspension, he would not have had this second opportunity to begin with. And with that said, Sauerbrun might have not been given the boot until after the season was over, either.
                  Supporter of the "Don't Like the Thread, Don't Post In It" rule

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                    We've had too much player turnover this season to expect any sort of continuity or consistency. When you have that kind of turnover and things still aren't getting fixed, that falls on the talent scouts. They need to be replaced in the offseason, IMO.
                    All things considered I think Shanny pegged this as a rebuilding season quite early on...which would explain the high turnover and happy-cutting that's been going on. It's almost like we've brought in players to try out for a game. I guess the field is the best place to gauge talent after all. But also note how a lot of the players we've cut have been veterans (Adams, Rice, Curome Cox etc.) and that that coincided with the beginning of November (and possibly with Nalen going down?). Although it's painful now, it's good that there is some sort of long term plan and that we are trying to get plenty of youth into the team and at the same time get them some experience.

                    From the beginning though I pegged this season as either a hit or a big miss. Considering all the changes in the last year I think Shanny was more ready to can the season than he would have been considering the roster changes in the offseason and the numerous leadership losses.

                    I hope that this all part of the masterplan for next season, after all Shanny is a smart coach. But the roster changes in the last month were probably driven more by rebuilding than desperation: almost every coach knows that continuity should lead to better team chemistry and hence performance. I know it's irritating that we've seemingly started the offseason early which isn't particularly fair to the fans or good for our prestige. But then again we've not been in this position since 1999...it'd be interesting to compare the transaction lists actually to see if Shanny did something similar then.
                    Last edited by muse; 12-26-2007, 09:12 AM.
                    sigpic

                    Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

                    Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                      You know what? I agree! As crazy as it sounds, what have you got to lose at this point? There's not much difference between 7-9 and 6-10, IMO. I think Denver should pull out all the stops in this game, and at least make it exciting.

                      That said, it will never happen.

                      We've had too much player turnover this season to expect any sort of continuity or consistency. When you have that kind of turnover and things still aren't getting fixed, that falls on the talent scouts. They need to be replaced in the offseason, IMO.
                      Ding Ding Ding, you hit right on the problem. You cannot win when half the roster is new. Gotta have some coherence on a team to win.

                      And for those who want to change the entire team next year..........

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It shows how bad our season is when we can't find a consistent punter.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Good riddance!!!!!!

                          That punter is downright pathetic.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            They should just hold try-outs this week and see who can punt it the futherest. Then sign them to a 1 day deal. LOL

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Can I go punt for them? I'd just imagine the ball is Philip Rivers, or any of the guys who have sacked Jay. That ball could go flying.

                              But bye, bye Paul. I don't think you'll be missed by others but...

                              Bye, bye. :wave: And good luck!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X