Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shanahan needs to hand over his control and just coach the team

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Shanahan needs to hand over his control and just coach the team

    The title speaks for itself. The Broncos also need to fire mike heimerdinger and Jim Bates. Shanahan really needs to focus just on coaching cuz we are doomed if he does not.

  • #2
    I believe Shanahan would be better off just being an offensive coordinator, although I know it will never happen.

    He has clearly lost an edge of motivating the players to play up to their potential, or even get up for some games.

    For whatever reason, the team hasn't shown up for the game for whatever reason on more than one occasion this year.

    Comment


    • #3
      After Mike Shanahan's experience as head coach for Al Davis, I can't see that ever happening. Either you take him as the coach/final decision maker or he is gone.

      I still want him to remain.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Dean View Post
        After Mike Shanahan's experience as head coach for Al Davis, I can't see that ever happening. Either you take him as the coach/final decision maker or he is gone.

        I still want him to remain.
        I don't think that comparing his experience at the Faiders to his current team is hardly fair!

        He needs to do what's best for the team and I'm in the camp that believes that includes head coach duties and nothing more.

        Comment


        • #5
          he has to much to handle, just going back to being coach only would probably be in the best intrest of the franchise

          Comment


          • #6
            The thing I don't get about this is he has had 2 losing seasons in all of his seasons here (and that is including this one). You all then say that he can't run the team? A lot of fans cry? A lot of others say they won't support the team anymore? This all makes no sense to me at all.

            It was after our 13-3 season that everyone was crying that we needed to change because the team couldn't go anywhere. Well, he has started rebuilding the team and now people think a bunch of first through 3rd year players should be winning the SB. Not only that, we have a TON of injuries and far more than any other team that is doing good right now. We have a second year QB (yes the lead position of the offense) and people expect us to play consistently and put up 30 a game.

            One day you will all get it. When your team is loaded with young players and a lot of other players are injured, your team is inconsistent. That is how it has played out this season and I really don't get the surprised reactions comming from people.

            This team is rebuilding. You all asked for it and now your getting it. I guess you could disagree with me on this but I see a very talented group comming from our drafts the last 3 years. IMO, this team has been setting up a great core of young guys to build the team around and I'm really not sure how others don't see it. The only thing is that if they aren't winning now, people seem to think that means they are bad. How many years have you guys watched the NFL?

            It gets old hearing it but Denver fans are really spoiled and now are turning into a bunch of crybabies. Noone seems to get how good we have had it under Mike Shannahan. I know a ton of teams would be waiting in line to pick him up if we fired him or got him to quit by taking away his powers. Those teams would then give him the same power he had here because they saw what he did here. Obviously Denver fans have missed it.
            Last edited by jhns; 12-26-2007, 10:30 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jhns View Post
              The thing I don't get about this is he has had 2 losing seasons in all of his seasons here (and that is including this one). You all then say that he can't run the team? A lot of fans cry? A lot of others say they won't support the team anymore? This all makes no sense to me at all.

              It was after our 13-3 season that everyone was crying that we needed to change because the team couldn't go anywhere. Well, he has started rebuilding the team and now people think a bunch of first through 3rd year players should be winning the SB. Not only that, we have a TON of injuries and far more than any other team that is doing good right now. We have a second year QB (yes the lead position of the offense) and people expect us to play consistently and put up 30 a game.

              One day you will all get it. When your team is loaded with young players and a lot of other players are injured, your team is inconsistent. That is how it has played out this season and I really don't get the surprised reactions comming from people.

              This team is rebuilding. You all asked for it and now your getting it. I guess you could disagree with me on this but I see a very talented group comming from our drafts the last 3 years. IMO, this team has been setting up a great core of young guys to build the team around and I'm really not sure how others don't see it. The only thing is that if they aren't winning now, people seem to think that means they are bad. How many years have you guys watched the NFL?
              Mike Shanahan doesn't know the meaning of the word 'rebuild'.

              When he went with Cutler over Plummer, it's because he legitimately thought Cutler would make an immediate impact and perform better than Plummer had.

              When he went with a younger defensive line, it was because the defensive line has sucked for so many years, and the Browncos had pretty much demonstrated they weren't the answer. He also didn't start the season with a younger defensive line - that happened due to the older players not playing well, and the constant resigning and releasing of players.

              Marshall is playing because he's simply the best receiver on the team. Schefler the best receiving tight end. There's no 'rebuild' going on there - that's just talent showing through.

              I don't see why people think we're 'rebuilding'. We're not. We're trying to put a team together each and every year to win the Super Bowl. That's what this team was supposed to do. And you know what? Despite all the new faces and new coaches, there was more than enough talent to at least make a playoff push at the end of the season. Yet, they couldn't even manage that. Even the Dophins haven't lost 6 games by 14 points or more this season - no team in the NFL has BUT us.

              And don't try and play the injury card - Bill Romanowski, Mark Schlereth, Alfred Williams, and several other former PLAYERS have all stated that injuries cannot and should not be an excuse for the way this team has performed. I'm sick of homer fans thinking that our injuries are somehow more serious than other teams' injuries. It's completely asinine and ridiculous.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                This “don’t play the injury card” statement is BS.

                I’ll try to find that link that was posted awhile back that a study was done that showed that injuries DO play a HUGE part in a team’s success.

                I see a lot of people complaining about the O-line. Don’t you think Hamilton and Nalen made a huge difference?

                I see a lot of complaints about the run-d. Too bad our best D-lineman against the run was lost for the season, as well as losing our toughest defender period in Al Wilson due to injury last year.

                We had several LB’s go out in preseason due to injury. Henry hasn’t been the same since his injury.

                Javon Walker hasn’t been the same since he went out after his fast start.

                Look at the Colts. Their whole passing offense is not nearly as strong without Harrison. Manning has had his worst game of his career when they were missing several linemen due to injury.

                Every team deals with injury. But this year the Broncos have been hit especially hard by the injury bug, and it shows. And, and Jhns has pointed out, couple that with the youth in key positions, and you get what we have this year.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                  This “don’t play the injury card” statement is BS.

                  I’ll try to find that link that was posted awhile back that a study was done that showed that injuries DO play a HUGE part in a team’s success.

                  I see a lot of people complaining about the O-line. Don’t you think Hamilton and Nalen made a huge difference?

                  I see a lot of complaints about the run-d. Too bad our best D-lineman against the run was lost for the season, as well as losing our toughest defender period in Al Wilson due to injury last year.

                  We had several LB’s go out in preseason due to injury. Henry hasn’t been the same since his injury.

                  Javon Walker hasn’t been the same since he went out after his fast start.

                  Look at the Colts. Their whole passing offense is not nearly as strong without Harrison. Manning has had his worst game of his career when they were missing several linemen due to injury.

                  Every team deals with injury. But this year the Broncos have been hit especially hard by the injury bug, and it shows. And, and Jhns has pointed out, couple that with the youth in key positions, and you get what we have this year.
                  I read that article, and it's written by a guy giving his opinion. Which is fine. But I trust the opinions of players who have actually played in the NFL than a writer.

                  No offense, powder.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Also powder...

                    Do you not think the Miami Dolphins have been banged up this season? Yet, despite winning only 1 game, they haven't lost 6 games by 14 or more points, as the Broncos have.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                      Every team deals with injury. But this year the Broncos have been hit especially hard by the injury bug, and it shows. And, and Jhns has pointed out, couple that with the youth in key positions, and you get what we have this year.
                      If that is from mojos response I would say just not to listen to him. He makes no sense a lot of the time. Every time I say something like this he plays the 'injuries don't hurt a team' or the 'we aren't rebuilding' card when if even look at the team both are proven wrong. It doesn't take rocket science to figure either out and it really isn't worth arguing over. To say losing a ton of players to injury doesn't affect a team is just silly though. Funny how all the teams that take injuries to multiple players or even just a couple of good players seem to fall off every year when that happens. The injuries couldn't possible be a reason for that though.....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by jhns View Post
                        If that is from mojos response I would say just not to listen to him. He makes no sense a lot of the time. Every time I say something like this he plays the 'injuries don't hurt a team' or the 'we aren't rebuilding' card when if even look at the team both are proven wrong. It doesn't take rocket science to figure either out and it really isn't worth arguing over. To say losing a ton of players to injury doesn't affect a team is just silly though. Funny how all the teams that take injuries to multiple players or even just a couple of good players seem to fall off every year when that happens. The injuries couldn't possible be a reason for that though.....
                        I never said injuries didn't hurt a team. I just told you it's not an excuse for what's happened this season, and several former PLAYERS agree with that assessment.

                        And unless you know something about Mike Shanahan that we don't, then we only have his words to go by. And by his statements, 'rebuilding' never entered his mindset when he approached this season.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Also, jhns...

                          The Colts lost both Freeney and Harrison for most (if not all) the season due to injury - two potential Hall-of-Fame players. Yet, they still were able to manage a record better than last year's, in which they won a Super Bowl.

                          Houston was decimated by injuries, yet they still managed to defeat us with most of our 'better' players back (Walker, Henry).

                          I just think it's a ridiculous, homer mindset to think our injuries are worse than anyone elses'. It just seems that way because the players we have backing up our starters aren't very good.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                            I never said injuries didn't hurt a team. I just told you it's not an excuse for what's happened this season, and several former PLAYERS agree with that assessment.

                            And unless you know something about Mike Shanahan that we don't, then we only have his words to go by. And by his statements, 'rebuilding' never entered his mindset when he approached this season.
                            I just took you off the ignore list and remember why I put you on it in the first place.

                            He didn't say anythign about not approching this season with a rebuilding mindset. His words where that he doesn't say he is rebuilding because he believes it gives the players an excuse to play bad. He also feeds a lot of other bull to media and players for various other reasons. I'm sorry that this is the first time you have seen a Shanny quote, but you will learn that what he says and what he does are two different things.

                            He has obviously rebuilt the team. Even if he stands up and says "I have not rebuild the team" it will not change that fact. If you look at the roster from 2 years ago in the 13-3 season to now, it is completely different. The last 3 drafts have come with some real good talent and a lot of skill positions have been replaced by younger talent. We have a second year QB starting alont with MANY other young players. We signed a bunch of FA's to one year contracts in spots that we have young players so that we could see if the young players would work and if they sucked, we had veteran backups. To bad the young players are still developing and they did miss on a lot of the FA's this year. Only a few real good ones where brought to the team to stay.

                            I have to ask though.. Are you serious about this injury thing?

                            It doesn't matter what you respond because you have me scratching my head enough to put you back on ignore. You don't make any sense at all to me. Maybe it is just me but I don't even get where you come up with this stuff. "I know you don't have a lot of your best players but this guy said your team should be just as good with crappy backups playing so that is what I think." I will tell you that those players took a lot of hard hits to the head and you really need to learn to think for yourself. Again it isn't hard to do because this stuff isn't rocket science.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                              Also, jhns...

                              The Colts lost both Freeney and Harrison for most (if not all) the season due to injury - two potential Hall-of-Fame players. Yet, they still were able to manage a record better than last year's, in which they won a Super Bowl.

                              Houston was decimated by injuries, yet they still managed to defeat us with most of our 'better' players back (Walker, Henry).

                              I just think it's a ridiculous, homer mindset to think our injuries are worse than anyone elses'. It just seems that way because the players we have backing up our starters aren't very good.
                              Umm, the Colts have lost 2 players for one. Now look at our roster and tell me how their situation is even partially near ours. Secondly, there was a drastic decline in performance by both sides of the ball when they went down. Last year was a different schedule and a different squad. Indy has vets at most of their key positions and even with the injuries, still have those vets around to lead the team. They still had a decline though. We have young guys in all key positions. We already where going to be inconsitent because of this. We then lost WAY more players than the Colts and we noticed a decline after each.

                              Notice how the Texans got a lot of their injuries back and then started winning again. They still haven't looked even near what they where at the beginning of the season. Funny how this is your example when they pretty much are the exact opposite of what you are saying. They took injuries and started losing. Now that they have gotten some key ones back they have looked better.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X