Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was a great player, and from what I kow a great human being. He is gone but not forgotten.

R.I.P #27
    sigpic

My adopted Bronco Is Matt Prater

Comment

Really a wonderful Poem!! Thank you so much for sharing!

Dwill you are really missed Buddy!!!

I can't get myself to watch the video.. I know I will cry. I will try and watch it in a little while or mayve I will wait till new years.
      Last edited by calibroncogrl47; 12-28-2007, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by slick7 View Post
        Good stuff man.

I really think his loss has hurt the team more than any other factor this year. His spark and passion for the game was second to none. I also feel like the league, and the TV powers that be did a major disservice to this team and Dwil's family by not acknowledging this. I remember a small bit of coverage about the team being in Dallas and going to pay respects, but that's it.

He was a hell of a player and seemed like the same as a human being. I miss him dearly.

I remember how excited I was to watch him, I just knew that someday he would be spoken of in the same breath with guys like Champ Bailey and Deion Sanders.

And it makes me angry when Taylor gets SOOO much publicity and respect (this is a guy who 2wice spit in opposing players faces and was constantly penalized for cheap shots on the field, and yes, I know they said he changed after his child was born), and a guy like Darrent who was classy on and off the field is not even remembered by the rest of the NFL.

R.I.P. Darrent. Your fans here will NEVER forget!

Comment

Since it is almost a year to the day Darrent died, I made a sig of him.

RIP Darrent. We miss you.

Thread.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
            I remember how excited I was to watch him, I just knew that someday he would be spoken of in the same breath with guys like Champ Bailey and Deion Sanders.

And it makes me angry when Taylor gets SOOO much publicity and respect (this is a guy who 2wice spit in opposing players faces and was constantly penalized for cheap shots on the field, and yes, I know they said he changed after his child was born), and a guy like Darrent who was classy on and off the field is not even remembered by the rest of the NFL.

R.I.P. Darrent. Your fans here will NEVER forget!
            The whole Taylor thing makes me angry too. To me, it makes it seems like Darrent's murder was nothing. Like it happens all the time in the off season. Just because of the timing, Sean Taylor's death was more "important". Well, I don't care about him. I care about Darrent though. It affected a lot of players that I like, so therefore it affected me more.

Comment

Watchin' you play made my gamedays much more fun,
              To me you'll always be the player destined for number 1.
              I miss seein' the Fro and the smile never leaving your face,
              Ever since you were taken there has been this empty space.
              A void not easy filled, there's not many who had your talent,
              Every effort you gave on gameday was much more than valient(sp).
              I'm hoping to keep your spirit alive through both video and verse,
              But every time I start thinkin', the more my heart hurts...........

PEACE!!!

Comment

Thanks for starting this post. I'm not a poet, but, I do have memories of Darrent. I met him a few times and he was always smiling. I will never forget that smile. I will also never forget the morning after the game. I forgot what time it was. The television was on in the hotel room and the breaking news was of Darrent. Before we left Denver, I went to a store and bought a candle, flowers and a balloon. I left them at the bottom of the statues at Mile High. On the way out of town, we saw the limo. The images of that early moring and of meeting him will always be with me. My thoughts are with his family, friends and team mates. It will be hard to bring in the New Year without toasting one to Darrent and saying "All Ready".

From this fan... to Darrent. RIP.
                I'll take a wide receiver with everything...Eddie Mac

Comment

Ah, I love the Broncos so much. They are dear to me, just like many of the players are.

Although I've never seen Darrent in person, it's going to be hard to celebrate tonight and tomorrow morning, knowing that those bastards who took his life still aren't caught.

RIP Dwill.

We miss you.

Comment

As we go out into the night to celebrate the new,
                    Let's all have a silent moment for the man with the Frohawk do.
                    5 minutes to 12 I'll stop and take a walk by myself,
                    Throw a PEACE sign to the sky and puff one for my health.
                    Remembering you on what will be a cold and lonely night,
                    After cheering in the New Year, it'll be tears I have to fight.
                    Knowing just a year ago, you life was taken by a coward,
                    I'll remember you each day as I strive to move forward.

R.I.P. DWILL!!!!

PEACE!!!

Comment

Ah, watching that video... He was so fast. And you're all right, he played with fire, a kind of fire that no one else on the defense really brought to the game this year.

Yea, I think it really did affect this team. The D just didn't have his presence.

At times he didn't seem all that great of a player, but he was a playmaker when he had a shot at the ball. It was great knowing he was across from Champ, because you know if Champ didn't get it, D-Will would be in on something to help out the D.

I still can't absorb 27 being gone, and it's been a full year. We miss ya Darrent. And we needed you badly this season. And I'm sure the people who were personally close to you are hurting so much worse because of the great person we've learned that you were. I'm so sorry for their loss, and appalled at such a tragic incident.

As for the Sean Taylor vs. Darrent Williams people... I don't know why you have to make this about media coverage. There are a lot of people who get murdered, but the majority of them we have never heard of. These are just two more of the casualties, Darrent in the wrong place at the wrong time and Sean Taylor too. It doesn't matter about what the league has to say about it, or sports figures, or any of that. They are two men who have been lost to us. It's great to see some stuff in the media about how good a person D-Will was, but you can find it all over the internet if that's what you are looking for.

The people who need to remember him will.

That's really all that matters.

Comment

Remembering a day,
                        Remembering a player,
                        Remembering a death,
                        Whispering a prayer.

PEACE!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X