• profootballtalk reports shanny talking to Atlanta

what will they make up next

rofl, are you serious?

Comment

Slow news day in Atlanta today?

:usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

The Falcons are finished. That's what happen when you have the "highest" paid nfl player on your roster, who isn't even that good. lol.

Then he goes to jail, what are you going to do now...
        The Valiant History of the AFC West (Except for the Chargers):

Denver Broncos: 2x World Champions. 6x AFC Champions. Overall Record: (.532)
        Oakland Raiders: 3x World Champions. 5x AFC Champions. Overall Record: (.590)
        Kansas City Chiefs: 1x World Champions. 2x AFC Champions. Overall Record: (.528)
        San Diego Chargers: NEVER BEEN WORLD CHAMPIONS. 1x AFC Champions. Overall Record: (.493)
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, the Atlanta job is so much more desirable than the Broncos gig he has now

First Michigan, now Atlanta…

I’m going to make a just as credible and bold predicition.

I predict profootballtalk will predict Shanahan will be coaching The Scotland Whatevers in the now defunct NFL Europe next year!!!

Comment

I don't see this report anywhere on pft.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

Yea...sure. Did they also report that New England is looking for a new head coach too?
              Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Atlanta can have Bates, hell, I'll pay his plane ticket out of here.

Comment

I see it says Broncos coach to nfc on the main (front page) but I cant for the life of me find the damn story.. I never seen this place before but it has a whole weekly world news kinda Vibe. Im looking at some of the RUmors and I think they are just making **** up

Comment

If there's anything behind this I'd suspect it's to do with Bobby Turner.

EDIT: nope,

FALCONS SNIFFING AROUND SHANAHAN?
                    Posted by Mike Florio on December 27, 2007 5:09 pm

A league source tells us that the Atlanta Falcons are exploring the possibility of pursuing Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan.

As the rumor/scuttlebutt goes, Shanahan would run the show in Atlanta, as the head coach and de facto G.M.

Though he’s still under contract with the Broncos, the thinking is that owner Pat Bowlen might be happy to let him leave, given the struggles of the team in 2007.

Another name that has emerged in Atlanta is Chiefs V.P. of player personnel Bill Kuharich. It’s possible that both Shanahan and Kuharich could join the Falcons, with Kuharich serving as the G.M. but Shanahan calling the shots.
                    I don't think it would happen...and it'd definitely be a bad thing for this team.
                    Last edited by muse; 12-27-2007, 04:38 PM.
                    sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Just think if this had some validity to it.

And Denver went and hired Bil Cowher as the next HC.

We could very well see a trade of Cutler to Atlanta.

Comment

Originally posted by mid_evil_thymz View Post
                        I see it says Broncos coach to nfc on the main (front page) but I cant for the life of me find the damn story.. I never seen this place before but it has a whole weekly world news kinda Vibe. Im looking at some of the RUmors and I think they are just making **** up
                        They are known to throw rumors and sad ones out often, they are the enquirer of the NFL, but even so...they get it straight now and then. I would not be surprised either way, Atlanta could be seeking Shanahan and he may not be interested, or maybe Shanahan is just burnt out and could...which does happen and you just need a change. Do not expect too much from it though, even if Shanahan did leave, Heimerdinger would be named head coach and the Broncos would hire a GM, Sundquist would likely take over as vice president of football operations. But I will not believe it, not until a better source reports it.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post

It would never happen Silk, Bowlen loves his franchise quarterbacks! If Shanahan leaves it will be him alone, maybe some of the staff...Bowlen will not let Cutler go though!

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post

And Atlanta gets a second chance at Brett Favre?......

Won't happen, you NEVER trade a franchise QB......

Comment

Originally posted by lancane View Post
                              It would never happen Silk, Bowlen loves his franchise quarterbacks! If Shanahan leaves it will be him alone, maybe some of the staff...Bowlen will not let Cutler go though!

If Cowher was the HC, what good would it do to have a QB like Cutler, when Cowher would never let him throw the ball?

Comment

Working...
                              X