Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great article about incident between Rivers and Cutler

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Great article about incident between Rivers and Cutler

    After reading this article, it seems that the fans are making a big deal out of nothing. Other than Champ Bailey, who had a problem with Rivers before the game, it seems that none of the other players on the Broncos had issues with what Rivers did. Also, why is it a big deal that Rivers and Cutler were talking trash to each other? This is football, this kind of thing happens all the time. In fact, I prefer my players to trash talk and get in the other players heads. I'm sure that the Broncos players weren't acting like perfect angels the whole game and saying only nice things either. Cutler was clearly yelling something towards the Chargers sideline. Here are some memorable quotes from it:


    In fact, someone told Rivers about the ESPN report during the game and he asked Bailey on the field, “Champ, what's up? I thought we were tight.”

    Rivers talks almost constantly on the field. He considers it part of the game and loves getting into exchanges with opponents.

    “I talked no more in that game than any game in my life,” he said. “ . . . We get after our guys more in practice than in that game.”

    “It's funny,” Phillips said. “Philip walked out and told us not to say anything, that we're winning. And Cutler is yelling. . . . Cutler does a lot of talking. I thought it was funny they were talking and losing.”

    Phillips said in the fourth quarter Cutler was “just letting us know he wasn't a punk. I respect that. He was letting us know he'd see us next time.”

    http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniont...7chargers.html

  • #2
    It seems that the there are only quotes from Rivers about the incident...

    "I didn't do this, I didn't say that, I said..."


    What about his linebackers? They were right by him.

    Why hasn't Jay said anything?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
      It seems that the there are only quotes from Rivers about the incident...

      "I didn't do this, I didn't say that, I said..."


      What about his linebackers? They were right by him.

      Why hasn't Jay said anything?

      Other Chargers players quotes about the incident, especially Shaun Phillips, who was right next to him:



      “It's funny,” Phillips said. “Philip walked out and told us not to say anything, that we're winning. And Cutler is yelling. . . . Cutler does a lot of talking. I thought it was funny they were talking and losing.”

      “What they've got to understand is Philip is a football player,” tight end Antonio Gates said. “If they put him in that category it wouldn't be a problem. But since he's a quarterback, quarterbacks stereotypically shouldn't say or do or act a certain kind of way on the field.

      “That's the thing that's not known about him. We know him as a person. He does it in the locker room, in practice, on the field. He plays the game with his heart. That's why he's that way.”

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by LightningBolt View Post
        Other Chargers players quotes about the incident, especially Shaun Phillips, who was right next to him:



        “It's funny,” Phillips said. “Philip walked out and told us not to say anything, that we're winning. And Cutler is yelling. . . . Cutler does a lot of talking. I thought it was funny they were talking and losing.”

        “What they've got to understand is Philip is a football player,” tight end Antonio Gates said. “If they put him in that category it wouldn't be a problem. But since he's a quarterback, quarterbacks stereotypically shouldn't say or do or act a certain kind of way on the field.

        “That's the thing that's not known about him. We know him as a person. He does it in the locker room, in practice, on the field. He plays the game with his heart. That's why he's that way.”
        Thanks for the find.. that clears up some of my issues.

        The thing is, Rivers said he wasn't even talking to Jay.... But yet, on the youtube videos, you see him directly looking AT him, and mouthing him off.

        Lie?

        Comment


        • #5
          This subject is like a turd that won't flush.


          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ohyeah View Post
            This subject is like a turd that won't flush.
            Beats Plummer threads by a looooooooong shot.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
              Thanks for the find.. that clears up some of my issues.

              The thing is, Rivers said he wasn't even talking to Jay.... But yet, on the youtube videos, you see him directly looking AT him, and mouthing him off.

              Lie?
              He says in the article that he was looking at Jay but he wasn't talking to him but rather to his defensive players. I think that initially he was congratulating the defensive players but when he saw Cutler standing there yelling something he decided to talk some trash. I don't know why that's a big deal though, lots of players talk trash, including Tom Brady.

              Comment


              • #8
                I like the ESPN version of the story a little better
                "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  “It's funny,” Phillips said. “Philip walked out and told us not to say anything, that we're winning. And Cutler is yelling. . . . Cutler does a lot of talking. I thought it was funny they were talking and losing.”
                  I find it funny that Rivers was talking and getting his ass kicked in Minnesota. The dumba$$ just doesn't know how to shut his mouth. He actually is stupid enough to believe he's respected by other players in this league, and thinks he has good relationships with them (see bailey vs rivers thread). It's funny too, because I've never seen Cutler talk **** to anyone, not when we're winning, not when we're losing and not when we're behind, unless it has to do with the couple of classless people on the Chargers that make their team look bad.
                  :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I read a lot of articles with him backtracking... "I was just congratulating my guys on defense", ...right...

                    I for one am happy to be hating a new team. I was getting tired of hating the Raiders...
                    There goes the franchise...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by LightningBolt View Post
                      He says in the article that he was looking at Jay but he wasn't talking to him but rather to his defensive players. I think that initially he was congratulating the defensive players but when he saw Cutler standing there yelling something he decided to talk some trash. I don't know why that's a big deal though, lots of players talk trash, including Tom Brady.
                      He wasn't even supposed to be on the field, and Phillips was waving at Cutler. It's hard to call them both innocent.
                      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                        Beats Plummer threads by a looooooooong shot.

                        You're right it took a loooong time to flush Plummer!


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by LightningBolt View Post
                          He says in the article that he was looking at Jay but he wasn't talking to him but rather to his defensive players.
                          Gee, next time my dad is standing next to me, I'm going to talk to him while looking straight ahead at someone else...

                          Give me a break...




                          Flip flop flip flop..

                          He was talking to his players... NO... he was talking to Jay... WAIT.. his players...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by LightningBolt View Post
                            After reading this article, it seems that the fans are making a big deal out of nothing. Other than Champ Bailey, who had a problem with Rivers before the game, it seems that none of the other players on the Broncos had issues with what Rivers did.
                            yeah other than champ bailey

                            cause champ's just the biggest whiniest loudmouth in the nfl. he's certainly not one of the quietest most humble classy players around [/sarcasm]

                            if champ said it, ride on it. for someone that quiet and quick to give compliments and downplay anything negative, to say that, it says something. c'mon, it's as plain as day this rivers kid is a loudmouth. whether it's to compensate for lack of talent, who knows, but a loudmouth nonetheless.

                            i for one, don't buy these public service announcements. they're encouraged by agents and teams themselves more often than not. for all we know rivers did this to save his rep on his own team. with his mouth, and his level of skill, all it'd take is a few losses i'd bet before his team hated him too if they don't already.

                            we'll enjoy our stud qb. have fun with joey harrington v2.
                            Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.


                            Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
                            Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by LightningBolt View Post
                              After reading this article, it seems that the fans are making a big deal out of nothing. Other than Champ Bailey, who had a problem with Rivers before the game, it seems that none of the other players on the Broncos had issues with what Rivers did. Also, why is it a big deal that Rivers and Cutler were talking trash to each other? This is football, this kind of thing happens all the time. In fact, I prefer my players to trash talk and get in the other players heads. I'm sure that the Broncos players weren't acting like perfect angels the whole game and saying only nice things either. Cutler was clearly yelling something towards the Chargers sideline. Here are some memorable quotes from it:


                              In fact, someone told Rivers about the ESPN report during the game and he asked Bailey on the field, “Champ, what's up? I thought we were tight.”

                              Rivers talks almost constantly on the field. He considers it part of the game and loves getting into exchanges with opponents.

                              “I talked no more in that game than any game in my life,” he said. “ . . . We get after our guys more in practice than in that game.”

                              “It's funny,” Phillips said. “Philip walked out and told us not to say anything, that we're winning. And Cutler is yelling. . . . Cutler does a lot of talking. I thought it was funny they were talking and losing.”

                              Phillips said in the fourth quarter Cutler was “just letting us know he wasn't a punk. I respect that. He was letting us know he'd see us next time.”

                              http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniont...7chargers.html
                              I agree that it was nothing, the game only showed that Rivers is a b*tch and has no class. but this was nothing new, he does it everygame. Phillip either starts crying or he talks trash the entire time. Understand its part of the game and its not a big deal. However to say that Phillip Rivers wasnt talking trash to Jay Cutler is rediculous. I watched the game on a 52inch 1080p , you could read his lips and watch his eye contact with jay cutler. Its like saying that Tom Brady never crys to refs, if u watch a game with tom brady he is crying to the refs and if you watch a game with phillip rivers he is talking sh*t...
                              Last edited by HidEmu; 12-27-2007, 09:37 PM.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X